You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Are Those Cards The Blame?

Real Ghost Stories

Are Those Cards The Blame?

 

I am writing this story because all the things that are happening in my life right now are just well weird to say the least. I have had experiences before but I have never felt anything like this before.

My mother brought home small blue box with cards in them and we were supposed to redraw them. Now let me tell you what I know about those cards, they are used to tell the fortune to people and these cards are very old and the women that gave my mom those cards got them from another woman. So they were passed one from one person to other. Ever since we got these cards in our apartment weird things started happening and all of those things are only happening to me.

The first weird thing is that my hearing got very good especially at night, I can hear the trains pass and I can hear their wheels (I don't know the English word used for them), I can actually hear the wheels and the railroad sounds. I live on the other side of the town where the trains are and my town is kind of big and the train station being on the other side of the town I can steal hear the trains and the train alarm as it passes the station. I can hear it for a long time until it's too far.

The other happening is that on some nights the air gets so heavy in my room I can barely breathe right and the windows are open. I tried to explain this with rain but it hasn't rained for days back then.

The weirdest of them all is that one night I woke up at 3 am and heard a breathing sound in my right ear. It was not my own breathing either cause when it happened I stopped breathing to see if it was me. It scared me a bit. When it happened all I kept repeating was leave me alone and that I'm not afraid, then I checked at my clock and it was 3.20am.And it was not sleep paralysis as I was wide awake and I could move to pick up my phone to check the time. In the morning I just shrugged it off thinking that it was just me doing it.

The reason why I am writing this because recently the breathing sound repeated. I lay down to bed and I was ready to sleep and my right ear was against the couch cushion as I don't like my pillow. Then I heard this fast clear breathing, it sounded as someone's mouth was against my right ear breathing into it fast. I held my breath until I had to take a deep breath but the fast breathing didn't stop so it wasn't me and it wasn't something wrong with my ear. So this time I took a deep breath and rolled over on my back and put my hands on my chest and calmed myself down keeping my own breathing steady and calm then the breathing sound stop a bit so I said in my thought "i am not afraid of you. If you are here breathe into my ear" I waited a bit and to my surprise the breathing started again then stopped so I repeated my request and it did it again then the breathing started going on and off and it was getting further away each time. I wasn't afraid this time I was rather interested by it also it was only 11pm.

Before this one day I actually heard someone exhale and it was in the corner of my room and it sounded like it was in my room.

So whoever it is I do not feel threatened by it, but my sister on the other hand has been having nightmares ever since the cards got here. Since I am a light sleeper I often wake up and heard her cry and scream and complain that she is afraid. She got baptised and the nightmares stopped.

So I am not sure what is happening but I am trying my best to debunk it and I will see an audiologist, the cards are still here and they have an awful smell when I open them I can't even stand it.

So any advice on what this might be?

Also my room is not near anyone else's room. The bed where I sleep in is next to a wall that goes out to our collider and the other wall on the other side of my bed is the outside and I live on the 4th floor. No one sleeps near my walls.

Other hauntings by lillithx33

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lillithx33, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WelshmanTrezise (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
They is cursed, must be from sum gypsey. I would place a bible over it or cover them in salt, make sure its outside that you do this. I don't know if I will work but its interesting to see what will happen, because gypsey magic as far as I know is extra weak to earthen elements and Christian powers. I believe you, the gypsey magic must ave given you some sort of extra hearing and the noises must be sum manifestation of spirits bound to the cards or even a cure in of itself. I'll pray for you.
superconfused (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
to be honest think you might be right there seems to be a link with the cards go get them checked out or pass them on if you can because something doesn't feel right although it does not sound menacing it now is communicating with you in a strange way through your request for it to breathe in your ear. I do worry that your sister is having nightmares and although I can't say if it is anything paranormal you should trust your instinct with it being linked to the cards:) good luck
huendchen (49 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Dusty, back off. The author has said what she experienced and it's rude of you to say "no, I'm sorry, you didn't really experience anything" when she clearly did. You weren't there and yet you insist it was the wind or a dog? How arrogant!
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
[at] Pjod
No buildings were taken down near where I love or in my city that I am sure of since I have to ride across all of the city just to get to collage. I have no idea what the history of those cards are.
Dustyisdead. That wasn't a dog barking it was right in my right ear if it was a dog barking I would hear it with both of my ears when I turned, and the pine trees are only one floor tall and I am on the 4th floor. That breathing was too human like and too fast.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
The fact that you are actually re-creating the cards, may be causing some disturbance. Has a large structure recently been taken down around you that can carry sounds from the train when the wind is moving in a certain direction?
You wouldn't be the first person to have some strange disturbances after handling Tarot cards.
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
I doubt that anyone in the apartment building has that.
I just shrugged it off as a echo bouncing off the buildings and that's hw I hear it but I don't know.
I don't even want to touch the cars, I do not feel good around them. I am not afraid of the breathing I am interested it. I will try to record it when I hear the breathing, maybe I might catch something.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-29)
I myself have had experience with entities breathing in my ear. Mine only wanted attention. Nothing more. If it persists, ask it to please stop because you don't like it to do that.
When I inherited my museum, in the mishmash of antiques was an ancient deck of playing cards that had been used as tarot. Although strange things didn't start happening when the cards came into my possession, they did have an odd feel to them. I've kept them, but never use them.
I suggest that you finish the artwork on the cards as quickly as possible, then (very respectfully) return them to their owner. I'm betting all the odd occurrences stop, especially the breathing.

As for the train... Maybe in your apartment complex there is someone with a Lionel train set?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
In general Oracle and Tarot cards are not negative, I believe the owner of the cards chooses what energy they want into the cards and the cards reflect the energy of the person who owns them in my opinion. I would certainly like to think that my cards have a positive energy to them. 😊
I think it is wrong that you are being forced to finish drawing the symbols for the cards when you seem so clear that they are negative and you do not feel right about them, gut instinct is a powerful thing which you should listen to.
I understand that they are very old and in my honest opinion I would not throw them away, perhaps ritually cleanse them or give them away to someone who would like them perhaps. Good luck! 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
Well lillith it sounds like you are pretty confident that what you heard has a paranormal source & that it is too much of a coincidence that it started when you got the cards. I am not clear on whether you are repairing the cards to give back to the woman or to keep. If you are giving them back I assume that if they are the cause of whatever is happening, be it paranormal or your own mind reacting to the cards presence, it will stop when they are gone. If your mother expects you to keep & use them I would flat out tell her they repel you and once the symbols are all redrawn she must get rid of them because you cannot use them. Well actually if it were me I would clean them up and keep them because they sound too awesome to let go, I am pretty stubborn.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
[at] lilith
Yeah, I still think it was something a little mundane and logical. Wind blowing through pine trees could certainly make that noise, and a dog bark, not breathing, could easily sound like breathing. How are certain no one was outside walking around? You didn't say that you went to check, so shoes scuffling on a sidewalk could be the problem.

If this noise is all that's really happened, it's probably nothing. I don't think you have anything paranormal going on. And I think the sound happening when you got the cards is just a coincidence. I wouldn't get rid of them, if they're as old as you say they actually sound like a cool antique to keep.
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
[at] dustyisdead
I did not jump into the paranormal conclusion straight away I waited to see if the vreathing repeats after the first time it happened, and it did repeat. I am living on the 4th floor and there aren't any leaves on the ground on the ground infront of the building, we only have pine trees infront of the apartment building. It did not sound like a dog breathing it sounded like inhaling and exhaling fast. There was no one walking around me everyone in my apartment was sleeping. And the breathing sounded like it was only in my right ear any other explanation would include me hearing with both my ears. As you see I am not jumping into conclusions I have thought about this long and hard. My right ear was against the couch cussion and I was not hearing the wind.
I included the cards because so many things have started happening after the cards got here. So I think that with the cards came something or someone that is tied to the cards or I don't know it's hard to explain. They are very old so they have a lot of history in them.
dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
I don't think there's anything paranormal here. I think you hearing the train is just that, you're just hearing a train.

As far as hearing breathing, I've never considered that anything concrete because so many things can be confused at the sound of breathing. The wind, a dog barking far away, scuffling of feet, rustling of trees or clothes. So much more. Since there are so many possibly explanations you really shouldn't jump the paranormal conclusion.

Besides that, imo opinion, oracle or tarot cards aren't paranormal. I've been using my deck for about 11 years now and I consider cards to just be tools for figuring out what you already know, they just give you that little "push" for that a-ha moment you need when you want a little advice in life and you can't figure it out by yourself.

So in my opinion, nothing paranormal is going on here.
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
Also I do not live in a house I live in a apartment building. The apartment I live is in the corner. My room is in the corner of the apartment building so there is no one living next to my walls. 2 of my walls go outside and the right wal goes to the colidor and the kitchen the wall infront of me is the wall to my parents room. The breathing sounded like it was to the right of me and I ould hear it like it was next to me. Also I live on the 4th floor so I could not be hearing a animal breathing this clearly.
For a example let's just say there are 2 people and one of them is breathing into the others ear, that's how clear I heard it, the breathing was kind of fast and if I tried to do that I would run out of air fast.
lillithx33 (4 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
I have no interest in being a troll or posting something that did not happen. What I wrote is what happened to me in real.
The reason why I have to redraw the cards it's because they are old and some are torn so I have to redraw the symbols of them. And since that woman I call a witch is mostly reading those cards in my mothers hair salon she knows that I am good in drawing.
I have called that women a witch and a scam artist in front of her and the people in the hair salon (sorry for the style of my writing my native language is lithuanian) .
The sounds of a train stopped some weeks ago and I only heard them rarely like a few times a week and they mostly used to start at 2 am or at 3 am. I could even hear the horn of them when they pass by the train station.
I have talked to a few people about this and they all tell me to get rid of the cards but my mother will not let me give them to her to take them away until I finsih drawing them. But I don't even like looking at them and I absolutely hate how they smell. They have a old smell that makes me sick. I will post pictures of them once I find my bluetooth adapter.
And it's not like I hear the breathing sound often, I only heard it like 2 times, and the train tracks I used to hear them several times a week not daily and I used to think that it's the echo but I don't know if a echo can go this far.
The breathing was only in my right ear and it sounded like it was coming from my right and directly in my ear and my parents sleep in the next room and their bed is not even near my room and if my hearing did pick up them sleeping it would't be as fast as the hearing I heard and so clear and only in my right ear.
I tried to debunk it myself but I failed. I will try to get a recorder and see if I pick up anything.
Also 2 days ago when I was sitting near my pc I saw a tall white figure in the corner of my left eye but then in vanished.
My cat used to get all scared of something. She once ran to my window jumped on the windowsill and started walking back and forth looking at my room and I saw that her tail was all fluffy and she had a mohawk across her body, she was either angry or scared. She sometimes tries to catch something that I can't see.
Oh and I have no idea who the original card holder is and if she is dead or not. I can't get rid of these cards.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
My opinion would be to get rid of the cards as well. If nothing good comes from it, why keep it?
minimom (50 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
I would suggest you get rid of the cards.

It's been my experience that Tarot cards and crystals chose the person they are meant to belong to, not the other way around.

Obviously, they were not meant for your family.

I do have one question. What is the purpose of having you reproduce the images on the cards? Are they that unique?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
If you can hear the clacking of the trains wheels from across a good sized town all of a sudden, it would stand to reason that you could hear the other people in your house breathing quite clearly. But then, you would also hear all of the other things going on in town, so it does not make sense to say your hearing is suddenly freakishly sharp. So assuming you are not pulling our legs - nothing personal, it happens a lot when you invite the whole world to share their paranormal experiences & your account includes a few things that fakers love to include but that does not mean your account can't be true so I will proceed on the assumption you are being genuine - it must not be your hearing that has become acute, but for some reason the train sounds are being amplified for you.

You say that the cards are old and have been passed down through at least two other owners, is the original owner of the cards dead?
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-28)
With your hearing suddenly so good, is there any chance that you are hearing a small animal breathing outside or in your walls?

Out of curiosity, why are you redrawing the fortune-telling (are they tarot?) cards?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: