You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Shadows On The Wall 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadows On The Wall 2

 

Counting on about the shadows on the wall from my last story (The Shadows on the Wall: Part 1, plus for even more background read The Last Time).

Living in that house, I can honestly say, was one of the worst times in my life. From touches to shadows, from smells to sightings... It all happened in those 4 years.

But this story is about the bedroom I stayed in for the first two and half years we were there. We called it the redroom, because the carpet was this rusty red colour, and the wall was a pinkish/brownish/red tinge (best I can explain it...). I hated that room at night, for many reasons. One being it felt like eyes were watching me, every time I was in there.

If you read my last tale, then you know about the shadow 'people'. But the worst of all the shadows, in my opinion, was the one that came down from the ceiling. It was what gave me nightmares while living there, because it happened pretty much every night.

The 'thing' had unnatural movement, like it was crawl/slithering almost (like the grudge, meets the ring, meets a snake) And at night, it would drop down (almost as if it was a leak from the roof) from a coroner of my room, and slither/slide/crawl down the wall, across the floor, right up to the edge of my bed. It smelled foul, like rotting flesh and sulphur and it had this hissy/gasp breathing sound.

It would come to the edge of my bed and a raise up looking at me, I would be huddled under my blanket staring at it through small holes, it would reach out for me like it was trying to grab me, make this horrid clicking (I really have no word for it, this is the best I can come up with) noise, then it would backtrack staring at me the whole time, most nights it would spend the rest of the evening on the wall, watching me.

My firm belief is that I encountered Demonic activity ~If you don't believe in them, feel free to tell me what you think it was, but as I do believe in them, this is what I believe it was~

Other hauntings by mb89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mb89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
I've read the stories and a lot of the comments. Yes, some of the things sound plausible. Thus, I believe that mb89 experienced something unexplainable. However, I couldn't help but think of the "black smoke" from Lost when she was talking about the "shadow" entity and describing the movement and clicking sound. I'm surprised that no-one else (as far as the comments I've read) brought up the "black smoke" from Lost.

Since these events have already been heavily debated, I'm not going to add to that. I'll just say that many of the events from her stories seem plausible enough to indicate that something unexplainable did happen; embellished or not.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
mb:

If you believe in demons or the devil then you must believe in God. God is more powerful than the devil or anything demonic. That is where I would look to help.

Good luck to you. This must have been a horrifying experience for you. I have had some very scary experiences also but I really feel for you.

Zeta.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-06)
Hey mb89...

We can seem to be a bunch of bullies when it comes to our beloved interests on paranormal activity, but at the same time, most of us have also experienced something that we couldn't explain or that troubled us in some way. I'm pretty sure I speak for most of us when I say that we meant no harm with our questions about your account of this experience. I for one, at least, meant no disrespect to you or your friend. I was only curious if you actually believed that no harm could come to you, because it indeed can. Please be careful!
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-03)
Hey all: I'm back:)

Superconfused:
It is very probable.
It was not the last time someone protected me from something happening to me.
And I doubt it will be the last.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
Yeah, that one made me cringe just writing it. I think I'll leave this one be for a while, can't take the shivers up the back of ny neck anymore. πŸ˜‰

Jav
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
[at] Jav - ow ow ow... Ok, I have to stop thinking about all these scars and injuries. I'm cringing so much I'm getting a charlie horse.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
mb,
Ow ow ow! Yeah, no broken nose for me either, yikes!
[at] generalchaos,
My brother has a nearly copycat scenario. The difference being, he hit the bottom and chipped his tooth, along with then having his lifelong chin scar.

Jav 😲
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-02)
[at] MB - *squirms* ow ow ow ow... I've never broken my nose (knock on wood), but my brother has a couple of stories. He was diving from a regular-height diving board at a resort, and my dad happened to be swimming underneath. Nose A met Foot B at precisely the wrong moment, and the poor kid came up screaming and bloody. I was sitting nearby - and just that was enough to traumatize me.
superconfused (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
perhaps it is a grandmother protecting you:) and so so weird that so much bad came to ministers that lived there might be interesting to research the house and see what experiences others had there
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
*note*
I'm going out of town for a few days, so will not be able to respond to anyone until I get back Monday evening (my time)

Feel free to keep discussing and leave questions for me to answer when I return

With love,
Megan
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
generalchaos:
Face + gravel + hill + bike I didn't know how to ride = broken nose
It was crooked my whole life, until I rebroke it at 17... I had what I now refer to as cheap plastic surgery... I slipped in the pool and my face hit the bottom. It rebroke it into place, oddly enough. ~thought I'd share a humorous story~

Superconfused:
Thank you!

Umm, right before I moved into the house, no. But I sometimes wonder if it wasn't my grandma, she died when I was 2. Or my great-great-grandma, I'm named after her (my middle name), and was born almost exactly a year to the day she died.

I do not know much about the history of the house itself, but I do know that every pastor before my dad is either: no longer in ministry (this is actually like all of them), divorced, alcoholics... A few even committed suicide (after leaving).
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
[at] stephy - oh ouch! I totally agree. Some places on your body heal better than others. Some people tend towards scarring more than others, too.

[at] MB - ow. Nose. Ow ow ow. My brother did something like that when he was a kid. I cringe just to think about it.
superconfused (1 stories) (16 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
i'm ignoring half the comments on this due to the fact that some were getting quite personal and rude but in my opinion it sounds like your house was fully charged for various entities or paranormal activity that were not necessarily linked to each other, perhaps someone that lived there before opened a door of some kind or the house itself is like a gateway between here and the after where spirits have not moved on, as you said it seems there was both good and bad in the house and it seems while that creepy thing was watching you something far stronger and pure was watching you too and for that be grateful. I am curious if you perhaps lost someone shortly before moving into the house. Also curious do you know the history of the house before you lived there?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
[at] Rook,
It had to be an aluminum bat. You know how some people cringe over the sound of fingernails on a blackboard? With me, it's the sound of an aluminum bat hitting a baseball. It's just not natural.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Jav,

One small scar from a case of the chicken pox... Left side of my lower jaw...

Big Scar... Aluminim Base Ball Bat 'strike' just above my Right eye... 6 stiches to close...

Respectfully,

Rook
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Mountaineer:
Thank you for helping restore my penny jar to it's former glory by adding your two cents...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Hey Rook! Your turn man. You know you have a chin scar story, now spill it!
[at] mb89,
Me too! I've got the giggles so bad!
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav 😊
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
OMG! That is what I get for typing replies at 2 in the morning... O.o
Though now I am snickering uncontrollably... Lol
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
[at] Mountaineer,
Am I right or what? I don't know what it is about you guys. And you just know that anyone who reads this is going to be looking at the underside of guys chins and asking how they got their scar.
My husband got his falling out of a tree when he was 8yrs old.

Jav
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
I slipped in the shower in third grade and split my chin wide open on the edge of the tub. Had to get thirteen stictches and still have a big old scar on my chin. Just thought I'd throw my two cents in the jar.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Chin scars.come? Is that a Freudian slip? πŸ˜†
Get to the bottom of it? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† lol
I'm dying over here!

Jav
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
Jav
LOL. True. I have so many (I am horribly accident prone)
Hmmm, deep deep questions here.
It is a bigger mystery then most of the stories on here... To be sure. Maybe we need a chin-scars.come? Were we can go to talk about our strange chin scar stories... Maybe then we can get to the bottom of it...

Megan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-30)
mb89,
Well, all I know is once I got to that part about the two cents and the jar of pennies, I just started cracking up! And then everybody starts popping in with how they got their different scars.
You have to know that once that starts happening, it's all over. Forget about the original topic...we've got scars to show off!
I just want to know where all those chin scars came from. That's just weird.

Jav πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Jav:
Thank you:)
I say stupid things like that when I am irritated, which can been entertaining... Sometimes.
~love~
Megan
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Hahahaha Jav! My boyfriend has that scar under his chin too! He claims his is from riding his bike. The bike broke, and he went over the handlebars, and from that day forth, he refuses to ride a Huffy bike ever again. πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
There are certain scars that go with gender too. Back in my day, when you wanted to start shaving your legs and were told you were too young, you just snuck in there and did it anyway. This was before disposable razors ladies. We started out using old fashioned razors with old fashioned blades you had to change yourself. And we all tried to shave our legs in secret, and ended up bloodied and scarred.
And guys? You tell me. Why do so many of you have that same scar under your chin? I can't find a one of you that remembers where that came from, but so many of you have it. πŸ˜•

Jav

~I have to say, my favorite part of this whole debate was the "two cents" that ended up being a jar of pennies thrown at someones head. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†!
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Nysa:
Thank you for your comment
~my rebuttal~
My friend was never at my house without her parents, as they lived out of state and would come and stay with us. So she was not left in my mothers 'care'. And even if she was, our parents are friends, they wouldn't have been concerned about scraps and bruises.
I said I did not know how she kept it from her parents, but that does not mean she did, for all I know... Her parents saw the scrapes and such.

Megan~
PS: I may be fighting a losing battle, but if it's not something I felt worth fighting for, I would have already dropped it.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Notice how everyone is saying I have scars I didn't go to the hospital for mom just bandaged them & put burning medicine on them etc. But your examples all include some attention to the injuries. We parents usually are concerned with minor injuries too. A whole lot more so if they happened under someone else's care usually.

But that isn't why I decided to jump in here. The thing is, you can't prove it happened anymore than anyone can prove it did not happen. Some people understood even if most felt you might be exaggerating. You have presented your case and defended it. I, like others, find your details inconsistent or inadequate to make us believers in your account. You can't unsay or undo the things that made us doubt. You may or may not accept that but I think it only fair to tell you that you are fighting a loosing battle in some, I suspect many, cases.
mb89 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
hey guys,
Good to know I'm not the only accident prone person wondering around with scars more then 10 years later from a minor cut...

Pjod:
I realize that we respond in the same manor, people have actually thought us twins before because we act so much alike. We are less then a month apart in age, both the youngest in our families (our dads were in the Navy together, and we have been friends since the age of 1). We joke and call ourselves twins all the time, even people who know us in real life say that if it weren't for the fact that we look different, they wouldn't be able to tell us apart. I would be more then happy to prove this in anyway possible.

"You have to understand, when a story with such extraordinary events is posted, people will pick it apart, asking you to back up some claims"
I have been trying to do this. But how do you prove something, no one is believing? The only 'evidence' I have, is my own knowledge and my sister and friends.

I guess, after all, I can honestly, tell you what I know... It is up to you after that.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-29)
Pjod, I feel like granny. I feel I use the "..." too much. I'll type something, then proofread (usually) and realize there were way too many of those dots in a paragraph. So I'll edit them out. I think they're probably more common than you may think... 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: