You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Tatay

Real Ghost Stories

Tatay

 

I had so many paranormal experiences that I don't even know which one to start talking about but I decided to start with this. I've always been sensitive to seeing things but not on a regular basis. I feel I am more sensitive with the presence of death, that is why I always avoided going to wakes.

Back in 2005 my dad became gravely ill and was placed in the ICU. Technically, he went in and out of a coma. On the 3rd day, when the curtains were pulled up for the viewing at the ICU room, I was staring at my dad and I can't help but cry. Like I know what was going to happen, as I stared from the viewing window, I noticed that it was like sort a flash of light and then I saw white cloud-like smoke come out of my dad (it was like in those magic shows when the magician waves a wand and poof some smoke something like that). The particular thing about the smoke was that it was shaped almost like a person, it looked at me and then kind of flew off).

After that it was like something was pressing against my shoulders and I was let in the ICU. I started crying and I was staring at my dad but I could no longer feel him there, it was like this was just a shell. At the same time I was staying with him at the ICU, people started seeing my dad everywhere, our washing machine even mysteriously spin dried some clothes even when no one was near it. And all I felt was dread for knowing what was going to happen but felt helpless. My dad passed away midnight that day.

When my dad passed away, I was at the hospital and my mother was at home. My mom was at home and I didn't have the heart to tell her because she was frail, didn't want to lose both of them at the same time (both of them were already old). When it happened, all the lights in our house went off and my mom felt like there was someone beside her and the room went cold and kissed her and then it was gone. Our house was the only one that seemed not have any lights. The lights went off 3 times only in our house.

The day after my dad was buried, it was only me and my mom at our house. She was in the bedroom and I went out to the living room and laid on the sofa (the sofa's location was where the coffin was placed during the wake). As I laid down I could feel someone stroking my hair.

That was proof for me that when we pass this world, there is indeed a soul. I also believe that we are indeed given a few days to wander this earth before we finally move on but I think every now and then the souls and spirits of our dearly departed are allowed to visit us.

I remember before the 40th day I had dreamed of my dad telling me to be good because he will be going and can't visit me anymore. The poignant thing about the dream was that I was talking to him and we seemed to be in the middle of a wide desert and in the middle was a single tree and it was like twilight or dusk or both and he was standing under that lone tree. Made me believe that I should not be afraid of the after life.

This is just one story, I still have a lot of other encounters with other apparitions.

Other hauntings by donna74ph

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, donna74ph, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

donna74ph (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-09)
Hi,

First of all thanks for your kind words. It has been a long time since I've posted. I believe my dad has moved on. I am not sure if all of you believe in reincarnation (I'm not sure either) but a couple of years after I posted this story, I had a very memorable dream that up to this day I can still remember the details.

In the dream, I was in a very very beautiful garden and I noticed the garden was on top of an inverted building shaped like a triangle, if you walked towards the side of the garden and looked down it was like the inverted triangle had several floors all floors were designed like a beautiful garden.

Then a very tall man in white approached me, I can't see his face it was not blurred just too much light covered his face but it did not hurt my eye. I angrily demanded where my father was and he guided me towards a crowd of children, there were quite many of them and he pointed to a little boy.

He told me that it was my dad and he will be assigned to a new family and I angrily told the guy that I did not believe him if that was my dad how come he did not recognize me and the tall guy said, "it is for the better of all,"

I knelt down and looked at the boy who just stared at me. I hugged him tight and I cried and told him wherever he will go I will always love him and try to be good.

After that the tall guy told me it was time to go back and called someone to assist me on my way.

I woke up after that. Again this was my dream, it kind of awakened me to the thought of reincarnation although I'm agnostic or it could just be my unconscious self/psyche trying to move on but even before my dad died and afterwards, this was not my only reincarnation dream. Most of the time it was about me.

Again, it was just a dream...
AWarmGoodbye (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
I feel bad for you: (
I can feel your pain and your loss
I wish your dad is alive and can have your happy moments with him. I think this is your darkest hour then... Is it? I wish your dad can visit you I think he has work to do in heaven or has a important mission

😊
donna74ph (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-13)
Thanks to everyone who has commented and I do appreciate the condolence that you've offered. It is indeed hard to lose someone you love and no one really recovers from it. It is going to be All Souls and All Saints Day, time for us to remember our dearly departed.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-12)
donna74ph: Well firstly sorry for your loss, death of a loved one is a very hard process! I also agree with your term with the body just being a shell, I believe this physical body is exactly that, and it carries our life force, soul, and energy. Once this physical body expires our soul moves on. Well this is my interpretation and is just a theory. 😊 Glad to know that your father still watches over you and your family. All the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
Thank you for sharing your story with us and sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing someone you loved and cared for. Your father cared enough for you and your mother to stay behind and look after you for a while before leaving. I hope to hear more from you.
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I'm sorry for your loss.

The most striking part of your account to me is the mention of your father just being a hollow shell. When my mom was in the hospital before her death I noticed the same thing. Even though she was still awake it seemed like she was on auto pilot.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
such a sad story so sorry for your loss.
I have never heard of the desert and tree before but the thing that instantly came to mind when I read that part was protection. Like even though you both were in the desert you were protected by the tree's shade and in a way that's your dads way of saying you will always be protected.
Just a thought
Carl
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
I am sorry to hear about your loss. I can imagine that it was probably a very difficult thing to deal with, but I am glad that he returned to say his goodbyes to you and your mum. I have also heard others explain the setting with the tree. It seems to be a familiar dream-theme that spirits communicate with us through.
Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
I know what you mean about the feeling of death. I can also sense things like that. Whisps of smoke... I've seen them too several times. I am also in the process of posting my experiences.

Sometimes not all spirits go to the after life... Some linger here for several years, decades even.

The dead have many ways of communicating with us, they come to us in dreams, or move some of our stuff around or make loud sounds (banging, slamming doors) or they walk around the place and you can hear them and sometimes even see them. It's all happened to me before.
donna74ph (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
[at] kristina1001 Well, it was not my only experience where spirits suddenly change into smoke. Even my mom experienced something similar, they day after the funeral, she saw my dad sitting on his chair and when she rushed to him he suddenly turned into smoke and flew off. My take on it is that maybe the regular eye cannot see the transformation, though, we can sometimes see them in their full or transparent form. It is like dispersed smoke, it has a shape similar to Casper's shape but it is opaque. I'm thinking maybe there is also a rule that if you pass this world, you can say goodbye but then you are not allowed to be seen by your loved ones anymore or tell them the process of moving on (that is if you died peacefully, no issues, mission accomplished). Will try to post more experiences.
Kristina1001 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
[at] donna74ph Interesting. Thank you for sharing this, and I'm sorry for your dad's death.😢 At least his spirit is still with your mom. Although I am surprised, were you shocked when you saw the "smoke" rising from your dad? This is the first story I saw that had that experience. 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: