You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Robin, I Have To Tell You Something

Real Ghost Stories

Robin, I Have To Tell You Something

 

My name is Robin. I am 20 years old and have been experiencing things since march of 2008. I lost my maternal grandfather March 20, 2008. It hurt so bad for so long, as I was very close with him.

About a week after he died I saw something move out of the corner of my eye, and when I looked to see what it was it disappeared. Later that day I saw it again. But every time I looked it went away. Until one night I was working on some chemistry homework and listening to my music and my papa appeared, very ghostly. At first it scared me, but then I started thinking he's here to protect me. So I just went back to what I was doing not thinking anything of it. He disappeared.

I finished what I was doing then just listened to my music and stared off into space and saw two figures moving. It was my papa and my mother's mother (my maternal grandmother died just 6 months after I was born). They looked normal, like they were alive and well. I looked and she disappeared but papa stayed there and stared at me for quite sometime. I looked at him too. He looked like he had something to say. Finally, I started trying to communicate with my papa but he didn't respond. So I thought that I was just seeing things. I started getting ready for bed and laid down. Before I went to sleep I remember seeing my ghostly papa and he then told me "Robin, I need to tell you something". I said "sure, papa, go ahead." Right when he went to tell me, he disappeared.

This started happening every night. I even started having dreams about it. I honestly don't know what to think. It has happened everyday since he died (almost 4 years). Any ideas? So lost... Just need an idea on what I need to look for. I see it everyday and dream the same dream everynight.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RLea91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
RLea91: You have been given some great advice here, one thing that comes to mind is that you explained everytime you try to get the message you wake up! Perhaps this is your own doing and not your Papas, see because this has happened a few times subconciously just before you get the message you are expecting to wake up! And hey presto you wake up. I think Miracles idea of meditation is fantastic, this I believe will let you find out what you need to know. Good luck! 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
I agree with others on not using the Ouija Board. Like Miracles said, only trully experienced people can use it and they are far and wide in between (even then these people will get hurt sometimes).

To answer your question, two things that I thought of, is (1) your grandfather doesn't have enough energy to ask you for the favour or (2) something is holding him back like your grandmother (not sure?!?!) for whatever reason. Like Miracles says, start mediating. It will put your mind and body at ease and it will help communicating with your grandfather easier.

Have you told your mother or any other family member? I'm asking because (1) they might be experiencing something (especially your mother) and (2) mediating as a group will help make your grandfather strong enough to ask you for your favour.

I hope that helps and keep us updated.
LisaHauntedforlife (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-11)
You say you are not able to stay asleep long enoough to get the message. Your papa has been gone for four years. He may know enough in his present form to be able to move things. DO NOT USE a ouija board. Those are dangerous! Try setting blocks, the kind for children learning the alphabet, in the room where your papa comes to you. Do not ask questions with these blocks, that would make them a ouija. Or leave a paper and pen near you as you sleep. You may wake up and be able to remember enough to jot something down. Hope one of these work.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
RLea - the only thing I can suggest that I haven't is, don't give up. If your papa has a message, he's not going to stop trying to get it across.

These are words I was given one night while I was meditating: "concentrate," "don't strain too hard," "don't struggle", "don't force it." It could be that it's not yet time for the message and when the time is right, you'll get it.
RLea91 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
Ghostguy-Yes it's everyday. Suspicious or not I know it happens.

Miracles- I have tried to communicate but everytime I try I wake up. I can't seem to stay asleep long enough to get the message he's trying to relay.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
RLea91 - sounds to me as if there is a message your papa is trying to get to you. Do your dreams always end at the same point? Have you tried talking to your papa in your dreams? If you can remind yourself that you are dreaming, but your papa is there and trying to communicate with you, maybe you can talk to him. My daughter did that with her dad after he had died. She knew she was dreaming and he even confirmed it in the dream. But they talked. Just another idea.
ghostGuy (45 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
The everyday part seems suspicious but the
Rest sounds somewhat common.
Family members that hang around after death may
Cause problems for their living decendants. The
Dilemma occurs when the living relatives want to
Find closure but don't want to "exorcize" the
Dearly departed.
If they are still in the house try to convince them
Move on, so both you and they can find peace.
If they wanted to tell you something, make sure you
Communicate to them that you have it all under control but are concerned that they haven't
Crossed over yet. End this unfinished business.
If you have questions or disagree.
Just ask.
RLea91 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
I refuse to use a ouija board. And I just want to have an idea of what could be going on? Y do I keep dreaming the sane dream? Or seeing him everyday?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
RLea91 - I'm going to strongly recommend that you do not use a Ouija board, okay? If you are considering it, read the stories on here first. The only way I would encourage you to use one is if you are with extremely experienced people, people who've used the board for years and have studied it, not just "played around" on one.

There are other ways of contacting your papa. You could go to a reputable medium who could relay your papa's message. If you don't meditate, you could learn to meditate and see if he contacts you that way. You could set out a recorder and try an EVP session. I'm sure there will be others on here who will offer other suggestions. These are just what came to mind. But seriously? Ouija board... Not a good idea.
Kristina1001 (7 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-10-09)
It looks like your papa has sensed that you missed him, and he is visiting you, and protecting you. If you can, get an ouija board, a special board for contacting ghosts. If you can't get one, focus on talking and listening to your grandparents, and ask your papa if he needs to tell you anything important, like he could be warning you of a future danger, like what my guardian ghost does. Open your heart to your papa when he shows up, and he will tell you. I researched that ghosts have a really hard time contacting the dead, because they are in a totally different dimension than us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: