You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: My Teen Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Teen Haunted House

 

I knew from the beginning that my parents wouldn't believe us. We were sitting together quivering in a chair, wondering what would happen next. We kept closing our eyes and holding each other tight, from whatever was mocking us in that house.

It all started from the first night I spend in that house. When I was little I always kept my door open when I went to sleep, and I always felt safe in my old house. But that first night I was laying in my newly set up bed staring at the dark, unfamiliar walls. Every couple minutes I would see a shadow go by my door and I would sit up and look, nothing there but empty house. Finally I rolled over and closed my eyes, with that terrifying feeling that someone was standing over me. I never slept with my door open again.

Since we were young, my best friend (Sabrina) and I found it amusing to try ghost hunting, like we saw on TV shows. Usually we didn't get anything. The first night Sabrina stayed the night at that house with me, we didn't sleep at all. Typical teenage sleepover. Sometime midway through the night we decided to do each others make up, as I sat down in front of the small mirror in my closet I noticed it was very dirty and I grabbed a cloth and cleaned all the dust and dirt away. The next morning we opened the mirror and gasped, jumping back with surprise. A creepy green hand-print was sliding down the entire mirror, dirt clotted the bottom. We looked at each other and sat down. Trying to shake off what had happened she went to the bathroom. When she came back I asked her to come with me to get a soda, we left my room and I turned around and started yelling at her for closing the bathroom door after she left. It scared me and she knew it. She looked at me in shock and said, "I didn't I swear!" This experience can't be brushed off as a breeze, or fan, because there is a very thick rug on my bathroom floor and it is a struggle to close the door with your own hands.

My Teen Haunted House 1

Over the year I have lived in this house, we have always had odd experience where pennies would appear out of nowhere with no logical explanations. Such as, in the ice disposer in the freezer, in unopened food packages, sitting up on a picture frame, in locked rooms. Also we started experiencing technical difficulties. All of our computers broke within a month, one of our TV's broke. Also my phone refused to take audios and would say 'system failure', and when taking a video it would say it was full (it wasn't) any pictures I took would start to save then automatically deleted. Sabrina's iPod changed the date and time on its own. One of the weirdest technical experiences we had was when one of our other friends had come to my house as well as Sabrina. We were doing ghost hunting, the usual. The phone's recording timer started to freak out. We quickly asked that if someone or something was there to skip a number on the timer. It skipped. Every time we asked it to, it would skip the number. We got chills, the room became incredibly cold. I felt a cold sensation of someone touching my arm.

My Teen Haunted House 2

The scariest EVP session Sabrina and I ever did was during the first summer. We were playing around, kind of hyper and as a result weren't getting much. Finally settling down a little bit we started asking serious questions. Towards the end of the EVP session I said, 'Show us that you're here.' Following about 10 seconds later a loud crash erupted on my side of the bed. Screaming, 'OH MY GOD!' and crawling closer and under the blankets, we were much too afraid to get up and to see what it might have been. The next morning we looked on the side of the bed. We had automatically assumed that one of my speakers had fallen over. So we picked up the speaker and dropped it on its side, it made a very quiet sound. Diffidently not what we had heard. So I looked around and said, "Wait, wasn't the remote control on top of the entertainment center?' We picked it up and pushed it off the entertainment center. It made the sound we had heard. We were shocked because we had placed it far back on top of the entertainment center; it was not on the edge.

One morning we woke up and went down to get a snack. My jaw dropped and I said quickly, "Sabrina the front door is open!" We sprinted down the stairs and looked outside, no one there. My parents were still fast asleep and our first reaction was, were the cats inside? We looked around and found both cats, but then thought quickly, 'Did someone break into the house?' We ran up to the weapon room and grabbed things to protect ourselves and thoroughly searched the house, finding no one, we went back to the door. The door was still locked, which meant it had to have been opened from the inside. But my parents were still asleep, and even if they hadn't been they would not have been careless enough to leave the front door wide open and go back to sleep. Sabrina had said earlier she had heard weird sounds coming from that direction. If those sounds were the door, than the door would have opened and closed many times. The next night that I spent the night at that house, I was just falling asleep. Keep in mind this was past 3 AM and the whole house was asleep already. I was quickly woken up at the sound of my doorknob being jiggled loudly. I took a deep breath and went to sleep. That night I had horrendous dreams about a demon girl killing off people in my house, and possessing people. I woke up with a visible bruise on my waist.

Through-out my stay in that house, I've had many, many strange things happen to me. One morning Sabrina and I woke up and the door was locked, when it hadn't been the night before. Another time, I drew a smiley face on a piece of paper like this: :) and I came back and a nose had been drawn on the piece of paper, within a couple seconds of me being gone. When I take a shower, sometimes the water will just stop, on and off the entire time. Sabrina and I have captured many ghost voices in our EVP's and unexplained sounds and phenomenon's. If you would like to hear an example, all you have to do is contact me and I can work on emailing you one of the EVP's. If you want more on the pennies, I have LOTS I can send you for that, all you have to do is ask. That's our story, I would love opinions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LeilaniZ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

raggedwolf (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
So blatantly fake. Weapon room? What is that then? Handprint doesn't prove anything.
LeilaniZ (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
zzsgranny: Oh alright (: The best EVP's are on my step moms phone, and on my ipod. So ill get to work on getting them onto my computer
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
Leilani: It's not that I don't believe you, but these photos really don't lend credence to your story, because, as stated, anyone could do that... This is a very interesting account, and I hope to be able to hear the EVP also...

Thank you for posting.
LeilaniZ (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
zzsgranny: Eh I guess, I walked into the bathroom and the penny was like that. And like the story says, I opened the closet the next morning and my mirror was like that. After me cleaning it the night before, that mirror has a lot going on with it. I took it out once to clean it again and when me and Sabrina put it back a couple hours later there was another handprint on it, which we blew off as me touching the mirror on accident, but the next time she was over we pulled it out and we noticed the fingers on the mirror were about an inch shorter than mine, and I have the smallest hands in the house, as I have no siblings... Also I was looking in it once to do my make up and the whole thing started swinging back and forth... Believe whatever you want that, haha this is just my story, you really don't have to believe it. I just wanted to share.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
LeilaniZ: I agree with ngute... The pics don't look photoshopped, but anyone can streak a mirror, or stand a penny in a slot... The penny isn't standing on its own side... What is it on anyway?...It looks like a tissue dispenser in a restroom, and the penny is in the slot used to open it for refilling...There's nothing paranormal in these photos as far as I can see...
LeilaniZ (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
BlueTurtle: The backround in the picture is the wall of my closet! And I can work on getting you some EVP's (:
Ngute80: I suppose your correct, they could be, but you can believe or not (:
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
This is an interesting and scary story. Though I have to say those pictures could have easily been faked
Azim_EazyE (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
OMG this stuff hapened 2 me wen I stayed in some place on a school trip! We had snow thrown at us! Our beds were shakin and we could see what looked like shaddows runnig acroos the doorway!
123kerry (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
Hi
I haven't experienced the penny thing myself but I have read several other encuonters on the site where other people have had experinces of pennies appearing in odd places. A very interesting story.
Kerry
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
I'd be interested in hearing the EVP's. It certainly sounds like you have a classic haunting. The hand print is definitely weird... Which way is the mirror facing, to describe the brown background? Is that one side of the closet?
The pennies are interesting too. It reminds me of a phenomenon associated with my fiance's late father who was a mechanic and store owner. Part of his slogan was 'save a dime, call (Harry) any time.' After his death, my fiance's mother kept finding dimes all over the place.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: