You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: A True Story - Haunting Of A Teen

Real Ghost Stories

A True Story - Haunting Of A Teen

 

So what I'm about to tell is 100% true that I have experienced over the years. (Mostly in my teenage years.) I hate fake "ghost" stories. These stories may or may not be related to each other but I like to think that it's all related to this one "haunting".

I was at my girlfriend's house my sophomore year (of course now my ex). We were bored (the girlfriend and 2 friends) and she has told us previously that her house was haunted. One of my friends (let's refer to him as J) was a non believer, so we came up with a bright idea of scaring him by doing a séance but only get out neighbour friends to help make noises outside.

So we tried to begin... When we realized we didn't know how to do a séance at all. So I came up with the idea of just cussing the spirit right out. But refused to do it, my friend S gladly took up the offer and said some extremely vulgar, things I won't post here because I try to respect the dead myself. But just to get an idea of what he was saying; "you know if you were alive right now I'd take this knife and murder your a** again!" Hey we were young...

It's winter, the house was warm with the heaters on. You have to understand this was a small house, 3 bed 2 bath, kitchen and dining room was almost the same room. We all say on the couches in the living room with 3 candles on. The cussing begins and within 30minutes we're getting distinct cold spots that seemed to float around the room. We start hearing tapping in the master bed room. When I asked the girlfriend if she got anything back from the friends next door she said "they're at a party, I don't know what do you want to do now?", "well let's try it out."

Now to save time and some pain I'm going to just list the things that happen at her house those nights. Because its been 5 years since this happened and it was multiple nights, keep in mind every night we tried this is was a scary success.

So it started out the first night just seeing a shadow running around the room. What I mean by this is everyone was seeing a shadow, running from living room to kitchen, kitchen to living room. We assumed it was everywhere because it happens a lot by the kitchen but that was the only place you could see it, on account of that was the only place that had windows with lights outside.

So w're excited we are getting results, soon enough we are hearing whispering and more random noises. As far as I remembered we stopped there that night.

We start again the very next day, bring over the same friends. When S finally appears, I ask "you ready for tonight? You gotta get pumped your my boy!" He laughed and picked up a knife and started jabbing the air saying he was going to murder that SOB. He put the knife back in the holder and as we walked towards the living room we heard something back in the kitchen... Sure enough it was the knife stand; it moved and pointed right at us, very creepy.

So as we're doing the same old stuff the same things happen... So S was getting frustrated and went extremely vulgar. He got what he asked for... The room got cold, with a lot more cold spots and three windows in front of us (kind of hard to explain their position) starting from farthest to nearest, shook... Shook extremely hard as if they wanted to shatter. They stopped when it reached the last one nearest to us. Not three seconds later a laugh, old man laugh, sinister laughed to what seemed right in front of us. This was enough to stop for the night. I called my friends to reassure it wasn't them, to my surprise I heard loud music and the slur of my buzzed friend. Shite.

The nights we slept in her room were weird we would see a figure of a man. The shadow would be dark pitch black instead of just the normal darkness of a room. (I will explain this later)

One night I woke up (just me and the girlfriend in her bed) and my girlfriend found scratch marks on my neck. Three were three distinct nail marks right square on my neck, up and down. It was enough to what looked like some popped blood vessels. Yeah that's when I knew things got to real.

So let's end this haunting with something almost everything will dismiss as fiction. And that's okay I'm not here to argue what happen those nights, I'm just here to tell you what I experienced and hopefully the story will be preserved here for times to come.

So one of these nights we were doing our thing, and I was staring at the curtains right in front of me. Just looking in the pitch blackness of the master bed room through the crack of the curtains. It was a weird thing I was zoning out on this crack... Now that I think about it I guess you can say I was almost in a hypnotized state... Next thing I remember was looking at the back of all of our heads. As if I was staring through someone else's point of view. When I saw one of my curls (I had long curly hair) get lifted... No hand moved it nothing... It was just that curl floating up... And just dropping back down into place. Again I found myself staring into the curtains and it hit me like a brick what just happen, it took me a minute compute what the hell just happen and I threw myself under the blankets onto my girlfriend's lap and just bawled. I don't know why I was sobbing it was just forced tears. And that curl, when I was staring into the darkness was ice cold, and it travelled to the bottom of my spine. It was enough not to stay in that house for another couple of weeks.

Sorry for the not so descriptive story, I'm writing this on my smart phone and it is a pain. I'm currently away from a computer for another week and was just compelled to write this now. I will get back on to edit and add more details. Please feel free to ask questions I will try my best to answer promptly.

This isn't the end of the story, just one out of a few. This is just the oldest and seems like its fading from my memory the quickest.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VMask, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VMask (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-22)
I just recovered my account, and will continue the long awaited editing for this story. I tried to keep this story anonymous. But I finally showed my friend "S" and will be making a account and posting his point of view of the same experience. His username will be "sMask" for the same anonymous reasons.
VMask (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
[at] whitewolf; we didn't use a board if you read, we just cussed it out. We didn't stop because it wasn't that bad but things quickly escalated.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
I would like to ask why did you continue using the spirit board and provoking the spirit after it showed the power that it contained?

I hope that you closed the spirit board session each time because if not it is possible that more spirits can come through the portal putting your friends, your Ex, and yourself in danger.

Whitewolf,
VMask (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
[at] Mannerizms: I know it sounds contradicting but I just I was really curious because I wanted to experience something and figured S was doing all the disrespecting, I know it's no excuse to sit back and let it happen. But that's what was going through my head.

[at] RedWolf: I couldn't tell you. Probably because their curiosity gets the best of them.

[at] vampiregirlmehak: thank you for taking the time to read my story. 😳
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
VMask
Why do teenagers have to play with the paranormal? It's not safe. You don't know what you are antagonizing and trouble can start. Why do you say that you respect the dead but let your friend do the things he did? That is NOT respecting the dead. Your girlfriend said her house was haunted so you and a couple of other kids decide to play with the paranormal. NOT GOOD.
vampiregirlmehak (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
omg! This is smthng so gud:) I really luv this story... It actually gives me chills when I think snthng like this is happening
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-16)
VMask,

I'm sorry I just need to ask, you stated,

"So I came up with the idea of just cussing the spirit right out. But refused to do it, my friend S gladly took up the offer and said some extremely vulgar, things I won't post here because I try to respect the dead myself."

If you respect the dead- yes I understand you were young, but why would you chose to provoke ANYTHING with negativity? And after you felt as if "S" was being disrespectful you continue to take part? I can tell that you were not going to get anything nice with that! Now that I have my nagging out of the way...

I hope all is well with you now though

Blessed Be ❤
VMask (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
[at] sds: your right, but I was young and didn't actually think the place was haunted. So when we started to experience things the curiosity took the best of us. As for the investigation I haven't really looked into the house's history. Something I'll look into when I get home I figure.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-15)
Hello VMask, one thing I have experienced in my life is that if we do certain things out of our enthusiasm or adventurism of our young blood, especially in an unknown territory, we end up in trouble. I have had mine and you narrated yours. But, seances and Ouija boards are not play things and should have to be done by experts. I do believe that you and your friends had kindled the anger of some entity/ies and probably got yourself into difficulties. Like faith and blacksky, I would like to hear more. But, my question is, did you investigate on these encounters? Share more of it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
VMask (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
[at] faith yes I do experience some activity but not to often, mostly around 2-3 in the morning.

[at] blacksky after I edit and add to this story I will tell my other ones. I'm not sure if its the same presence causing all this but I guess by the time my stories are out, you can decide!

Thank you for taking the time to read and believe! More coming in a couple of days!
blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Wow! That is a hook, I seriously want more of this story. Like Faith I'm interested if you still see things now, or was it contained to the house? 😊
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-14)
Spooky story! I would love to hear more! I believe you. Do you still experience paranormal activity?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: