You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Are We Being Targeted?

Real Ghost Stories

Are We Being Targeted?

 

I am a sophomore in college. Before I came to college, while in high school, I experienced a small amount of paranormal activity in my home. My family members and I would always hear footsteps upstairs in one particular room, usually while we were in the family room, which was located directly beneath the room in question. One day, I verified the fact that the noises that I was hearing were paranormal in nature: I had my mother walk around in the room in question and she produced the exact same noises that we had heard many times previously, when there was no one in the room. Aside from that, arguably, there was once a turning of the door knob on the locked door that went from the garage into the house. There may have also once been a knock on the front door.

Approximately one year ago, the girl I was dating, some of her friends, and I messed around with a Ouija board. One of the girls asked the supposed spirit with whom we were communicating what she thought of me because I was joking around and not taking it seriously. The response was, "kill." She then asked how I would die. The response was, "death." She then asked when I was to die. The response was, "tomorrow." Obviously, I did not die.

This was frightening to me until I did some reading online and determined that Ouija boards were fraudulent; the explanation being that the participants subconsciously move the game piece about the board. As evidence of this, evidently, if the participants are blindfolded, the only thing that they spell is rubbish. But aside from my dispelling of this experience, take it as you will.

I did not have steadfast faith in the fact that spirits remained on earth and opposed to moving on to the next world until a month and a half ago or so. I have two very good friends, named Jake and Taylor. They live together in an apartment. I visit it frequently.

On one particular night, Taylor had gone to the gym and so it was just Jake and I in the apartment together. Jake saw a figure that he described as an adult male but with no visible face that was pressed up against the glass of the doors that led to their balcony. The figure then jumped off the second-story balcony.

He went berserk and so did I when he told me what as going on. He then claimed to have seen the figure of a child which was also pressed up against the glass, that later jumped upon and sat atop the railing of the balcony. Immediately afterwards, I was standing and I saw the light that hangs down from the ceiling above their table go from completely stationary to swinging wildly, in front of my very eyes.

At this point, we ran outside. Jake's truck was parked in a space twenty or so feet away. After standing outside the door for a few moments, the horn honked. It did so several times while we were standing there. We waited in the parking lot for a while until Taylor returned from the gym. After he did and the three of us were standing there, the car alarm went off. Once we went inside, Jake entered the bathroom and discovered that "get out" had been written on the wall of the shower with shaving cream. Some time later, we discovered that Jake's mattress had been overturned and was propped up against the wall of his room.

That evening, Jake and Taylor went to bed with the front door locked. When they awoke, the door was ajar. Later that day when both of them had been away from the apartment, Jake returned and reported that the two wooden chairs that were previously located within a closet that is on the balcony were then sitting on the deck and facing inwards, towards the apartment; as though two individuals had been sitting on the deck and looking inwards. That evening, Jake tried to rid the apartment of the entities by saying in a firm voice, "You're dead. Get out." He and Taylor reported no activity for several weeks. Even bumps and clanks that had previously been dispelled as being nothing no longer occurred.

Several weeks ago, some paranormal things began occurring to them again. Primarily it was the fact that their twenty or so Halloween decorations which were dangling from the ceiling by thumbtacks were torn down every morning when they awoke.

Much more notably, however, was a series of occurrences: One evening when Jake was speaking to me on the phone, he claimed to see me - a figure that looks exactly me - standing on his deck. Right before this, he was taking a shower and reported that something from the other side of the curtain "tackled" him. He was so frightened by this that he drove 300 miles back home at 10:30 in the evening. While en route, he called me to report that he had seen "me" standing beside the road.

Taylor told me that he was in his girlfriend's dorm and saw "me" standing on the sidewalk. He turned around to tell his girlfriend and when he looked again, the figure was gone. The following evening, Taylor was at the gym and reported that the door to his locker slammed loudly when he was turned around.

Obviously, the aforementioned is a doppelganger, as I found out from reading online... In recent days, Taylor was sleeping in his bed and awoke as he was in the process of being scratched. He rolled out of bed, turned on the light and observed the fact that he was bleeding profusely. He has a long scratch on his back which he showed me. Taylor's girlfriend spoke to me yesterday and informed me of the fact that she had had a dream about me in which I appear as a ghostly and foggy figure and an "old, male voice" says my name several times.

In my dorm room, I hear sounds that resemble the dragging of metal and the pounding of metallic objects in my ceiling and in the walls all around me. I should also mention that Jake and Taylor's apartment frequently smells strongly of tobacco, which I know is associated with the presence of a male spirit.

One thing that I should include is that Jake told me that at age 12, he went to a mausoleum and made comments that were intended to taunt spirits. Since, he claims to have experienced paranormal activity wherever he goes. In his and Taylor's dorm room last year, science was defied: there was ice that was built up thick on the inside of their window (where it is 70 degrees). This ice did not melt for a week.

I would like to have other peoples' input as to what could possibly be going on with my friends and me. I'd like to say that I don't believe in "demons." Is something following Jake or following me? Is something that was following Jake now following Taylor and me? Is whatever is going on isolated to Jake and Taylor's apartment or is it mobile? What can the doppelganger mean? Could it, perhaps, have been warning my friends that I was in danger and it was intended to get my attention?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Joseph123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
It may be caused by your friends not showing respect at the mausoleum but I don't think we are always 100% sure of how spirits come in contact us but what I suggest you and your friends and anyone else involved is to bless your residence and also yourself according to your faith and belief. There is blessing recipe that can be found on this by Rook. It has worked for many people.
devamcca (2 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
I don't know anything about dopplegangers, but I do partially agree with spica. While I was taught not to really make a habit of talking to spirits I will say that an apology might help. I feel like Jake may have a great deal to do with this from simply because where I'm even pointing a finger at a grave is said to cause it to rot off. If the apology doesn't work you need to have the spirits expelled. I also, wouldn't recomend ouija boards or clearvoyents or physics just because I was also taught that their presenc could enhance the activity, I would recomend a priest of some sort (one that's as genuine as possible). Once again that's just my prefrence. But I definitely feel that these spirits are out to cause harm.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Agreed, Pjod. I have not heard of too many doppelgangers harming or killing people. They just seem neutral and more like tricksters.

That is some pretty amazingly violent phenomena. I would advise that if anything else happens, take pictures. Get video proof. If you can, do an EVP. Ask what this spirit/these spirits want. I feel like you are telling the truth because you seem to have a pretty practical standpoint in disproving some of the events which could easily be suggested as paranormal. The ice buildup on the window... Was this near an air conditioning unit or vent by any chance, or a refrigerator? Was the overall apartment cold or was there just random ice on the window?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
spica,
where on earth are you doing your research on the Doppel.? Reports on such a being are neither positive or negative, so I'm curious as to why young folks today keep posting this. Such cases are rare, and no one has ever reported injury or death associated with this phenomena.
AngelRae (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
I second Nysa. Very random and dramatic series of events.

Strange... 😕
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Doppelgangers may intend to do something bad and also good things.
It can lead a person to death or maybe help "that" person with something... The answer lies in you, Joseph123.

Well, maybe it's also because of Jake taunted the spirits in the mausoleum and the spirits became offended.

I advice you to say sorry for the entity and promise that you won't taunt them, ever.

Its a nice story... I'm looking forward to more ghost stories!

God Bless. 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
What a bizarrely random & dramatic series of events. Makes me wonder.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: