You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is There Someone In The House?

Real Ghost Stories

Is There Someone In The House?

 

This happened just over a week ago when I was over at a friends place. Before I start I'll just say that the house is not a old one, its pretty big though with an attic and a basement. The basement is sealed off. And as far as my knowledge there has been no death in the house. Anyway back to the story.

I was alone at their place as my friend had a drama rehearsal and I was just going to wait there until she got back. It started with me being able be hear footsteps (this is not the first time I've been at their place alone but this is the first time I heard such noises) in my friends room upstairs. At first I thought someone had got in and so I went to have a look. The footsteps didn't stop until I entered the room and I soon as I entered they stopped. There was no one there however.

I dismissed it thinking I was imagining this. I went back down and after a while the footsteps started up again except this time they sounded like they were coming down the stairs and sure enough when I looked up I saw a black figure. At this point I grabbed my stuff and went out. When I finally got the courage to go back into the house in the kitchen it sounded like someone was cooking. It was like pots and pans were being removed and put back but nothing was actually moving. So I turned up the TV so I wouldn't be able to hear the noise.

When my friend (we'll call her Kylie) came home I told her about it. She seemed excited by the fact that I had heard it. She told me that she had used an Ouija board (which she had found in the attic) with our other friend (Jenna) just a week before I went over. I have never liked the idea of using one and told her that was probably the single most stupid thing she has done. However my curiosity got the best of me and I decided that I wanted to give it a go (and yes I know that was stupid).

So, me Kylie and Jenna set up a session. We did the usual prayer and a salt circle (because I felt comfortable with it) and then asked the usual "Is anyone there that would like to talk to us?" question. Within a minute it moved to YES. Then Jenna asked "Are you the same spirit we contacted last time?". Again it moved to "yes". Remembering the stories I'd read I asked it if it was sun or moon. It moved to moon. At this point I asked to close the session but my friends said it would be fine. We continued to "play" and the as the questions started getting silly I started getting uncomfortable and asked to end the session again. This time they agreed and we said "goodbye" and the spirit also moved to goodbye. Now everytime I go over (and I have been over around 3 times) I feel like I'm being watched and followed. This only happens when over at her house nowhere else. And when I go into her room I always get a negative feeling and get really angry for no reason.

I really want to know if a spirit has attached itself to me and if it has how do I remove it. Please help.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Destiny23374, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Destiny23374 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Thanks everyone for the advice. I probably won't try to use it again. I have read the stories here and well I don't think I want to get myself in those situations. Thanks again.
Devils-Daughter (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
U SHOULD NEVER! Use an ouija my freinds cousin used 1 and she nearly killed herself she was only 15 when she used it! My freind adn me where sleepin over at my other freinds house (the 1 with the cousin) and she got out the 1 that her cousin used and got us in a circle and did the ceremony and she was about 2 ask for the spirits but... HER MUMMY WALKED IN and we got sent home and she got grounded for the rest of the summer. 😢 😢 😢
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Destiny23374

Sorry, Destiny I pressed the wrong button. As I was saying, you are only a teen. Take advice from some of us older ones. Take a look around this site and read up on some of the experiences with ouijas. There is nothing more dangerous!
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Destiny23374

Don't EVER try the ouija again under any circumstances, whether it goes away or not! No last resorts about it. You have no idea what trouble you can get into. I believe you were extrememly lucky and got out of it lightly this time. The next time you may not be so lucky. It is irresponsible for anybody to advise you to do it again, ask it anymore questions, or provoking it again and making it stronger and/or more dangerous and perhaps inviting something worse into your lives.
Miami_girl_medium (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-02)
Well I don't think he (I think its a he) is following you. I believe he is connected, if at all, to your freinds house. I don't know if he is a demon or an entity, or if he's doing real harm other then the negativity. I pick up on negativity or feelings myself, so mabye you can too. Mabye they are your freinds feelings from when she was mad at her parents or someone one day... This story is pretty cool, but NEVER use a ouji board EVER! I always tell my freinds, even though there skeptics, not to mess with oujis or the supernatural. Please be careful, and your freind to, and try to bless or smuge it.
Lexi [MGM] ❤ 😆
Destiny23374 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
I will do some research on the are for sure. It's something I've been thinking of doing.
[at] Lexi: I don't think I want to try contacting the spirit again sorry. Once was quite enough for me. The only reason that I will try that again would be if the spirit doesn't leave in a while. However, its only a last resort. But thanks.
[at] Carl: I haven't told my friend yet but I think I will and see if shes happy to clense the house. Thank you that's a great idea since I haven't tried that yet. And I will be going over to stay the night this weekend and I'll keep it posted if something does happen. Thanks again.
[at] Moongrim: Thanks the website did help and I'll try a few of those methods as well as the clense
wiccavamp92 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
my guess is that it might be a spirit that belonged to the land before the house was built... If they haven't yet they might want to research their land... It's possible it might have been a graveyard at some point but with what you said it can't be to bad.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Here's some good advice on this site:

Dealing with a problem ghost.

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
have you told your friend how visiting her home is making you feel? It does sound like going there is not doing you any good at all.
Personaly I would surgest you tell your friend and see if she would be happy to try and clense the house or you just stop going over there, getting feelings of anger for no reason does sound like your picking up on either your friends feelings or the spirit that has been contacted.
And I must say that the "advice" given by lexi shocked me, no one should concider doing a ouija board once and with what you say then re doing one sounds like a real bad idea!
Please keep this updated if you can
Thanks for sharing
Carl

This comment from Mizlexilyn12 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Hey destiny23374,
I don't believe this entity has attached itself to you, as it is not following you around, if it was attached to you, you would feel and hear it everywhere you go, especially in your home.
It dosnt matter how old the house is, as the land it is sitting on could have a lot of history, if your interested it would be good to research the area and try to find out what stood on the land before, even if it is only researching what stood on the land just before you're friends house was built. I wouldn't worry about it as it dosnt sound as though it means you any harm. Did you say it runs
up the stairs and uses the kitchen? This dosnt sound like anything a demon or evil entity would do:) if you do some research on the land let me know what you find to see if maybe I can come up with any more ideas on it, or if you like, tell me which suburb it is and I'll try a bit of research myself, whatever you wish.:) interesting story and I hope you feel better while visiting your friends house soon
Thank you for sharing ❤
Destiny23374 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Dan, yes I did forget to mention that my friends have been able to hear the footsteps etc but don't feel the negativity that I feel when I am around or in the room. I did consider the idea that I was more sensitive to spirits but I have never experienced anything before.

Thanks
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Hi Destiny23374: Firstly if it this feeling only occurs when you are around your friends house, I doubt that it has attched itself to you. I would be very wary though of the events that transpire, has your friend had any experiences as yet?
You may be spiritually more open then them and are able to to pick up on there presence a lot easier.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: