You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Brownie

Real Ghost Stories

Brownie

 

I just want to share some of my paranormal experience when I was at my very young age. By the way I'm Thirdee. I live most of my life here in Manila, but we often went to our province in Ilo-Ilo for vacation. I really love to go in there because I have a lot of cousins in there. While we are there, we always stay at my grandparent's house. It's quite old, but it is still good to live on it. Well, that's the place where I first encountered unnecessary things. It involves our male dog named Brownie. Here's the story:

One night while we are watching TV before going to sleep, the reception of the channel that we are watching suddenly broke up. We can't even see anything. My cousin who's elder than me went to the TV to see what the problem is, but he saw nothing. The wire is still properly connected at the back. So he decided to turn it off for a while. After turning off, the whole house was covered with silence. Until the next thing happened, this was the most terrifying one.

We heard stomps of horse running around our house. We are all shocked, but my cousin still managed to look at the window to see. To his surprised, he saw that it was our dog Brownie who's doing the noise. He did it for almost half hour, and it became louder and louder as he ran so fast as if he's being chased by someone or something. We thought that Brownie was being possessed by a Tikbalang (half human-half horse). Everyone was so scared. We all ran to our respective rooms and ignored it. The next day, we checked our dog if he's alright. We saw him sleeping in the grass, he looked so very tired.

After a week, something creepy happened again. It's late in the afternoon, some of my cousins and I we're playing outside the house when suddenly a large dog passed by. We knew already that it is not a normal dog, because of its huge size and color. It was all black! We never saw it before and even all the dogs in our street that's why they are all angry at it. They we're growling at the top of their lungs. When the black dog was at meters away from us, the dogs of our neighbors including Brownie followed it. Every dog was around that black dog that's why it can't move anymore.

Then suddenly Brownie attacked the black dog and it fought back. The two of them fight together. Not mentioning that our dog is just a hound so it is small. While they are fighting, the other dogs are still around them. They are growling so loud as if they are cheering for Brownie. After 10 minutes, they stopped. The black dog ran away with his right foot injured, while our brave Brownie was walking towards our house, bloody and very tired. His blood was all over his body that's why we are so worried about him. After he reached our house, we hurriedly put medicines to his body. His skin became normal again after a month.

Now that my grandparent's house was abandoned, we didn't know what happened to Brownie. Maybe he's dead, but I will never forget that dog.

Other hauntings by thirdee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thirdee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KenMikaze (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
dogs are receptive too, and the Filipino Rice Hound is particularly sensitive to paranormal things. The black dog you've seen might or might not be a hell-hound, but still brownie is brave enough to fend off the big pooch. FYI, to non-filipinos, huge black dogs are unusual in the philippine countrysides; of course there are rich people who own breeds such as rotts and labs, but in this case, it's really rare for such a large dog roaming free.

Filipino legends abound about viscera-vampires who are human by day, and shapeshifting viscera suckers who usually take the form of a huge dog, or bird, or even yet ghoulish creatures with huge bat wings. These creatures locally and generally called aswangs can attack night or day, and one way to know if there are aswangs are lurking around is when dogs gang up to them and howl at them with contempt.
thirdee (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
[at] lizziebee1992
- we thought it too, that's why we love Brownie so much ❤

[at] Paraltive
- I love to see comments in my story that's why its my pleasure to reply each time:)
Paraltive (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Thats fine:) Sorry I havnt got back to you, only just visited again.

I have a thew strange things to share with you, if youd like to know?

Your the onlyone whos replyied back to one of my comments:)
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
i think that black dog was a demon and brownie was protecting you all.
Miami_girl_medium (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
[at] Storm Angel. I'm saying good thing he fought him off, because the dog could have attacked thridee. I was almost attacked by a stray, but my dog fought him off. I love dogs. Trust me. I'm sure he was a stray tho, but don't get to close to strays! Well yeah if there freindly, if not then NO! Lol
Lexi [MGM] 😆 ❤
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
If the dog was in any way paranormal, it would not have ran away injured, brownie was following instinct (such as scent, body language etc... Not an instinctual knowledge that this poor lost dog was really demonic) so I won't say he is the 'worse' animal for attacking first but I wouldn't cheer on a stray dog being attacked and niether would any other person who 'loves doggies'
Miami_girl_medium (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-02)
Awww poor Brownie, I do hope he is okay! I love doggies! I have 2 of my own. Good thing he fought that dog, mabye he could have been a stray because if he was a ghost I don't think Brownie could have hurt him. As for the dead body... That's creepy. Good Luck!
Lexi [MGM] 😆 ❤
thirdee (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Thank you for your comment 😊

I hope he's not yet dead too, but he is already old when this thing happened.

There's lot of other beings living in my Grandparent's house, even the village itself. Particularly on the street that has a dead body buried in front of his/her house. Well I actually don't know the gender.

Anyways thanks for your time Paraltive 😊
Paraltive (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Aww Brownie: (

I hope he isn't dead, I'm sure he isnt.
Anyway I don't find this paranormalish, The Black dog could be a wild dog who had wondered in to your street.
As for the tv it could have just got to hot and blown.
But for Brownie being chased is seems he was just having fun. Although the horse hooves are unusual.

Hope Brownie is ok xx ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: