You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What Has Been Happening In My New House

Real Ghost Stories

What Has Been Happening In My New House

 

I haven't really had much to post since my last story which was 3 A.M. Throat clearing. This is a compilation of what has been happening in my new house over the last year.

Activity seemed to really increase around the holidays last year. I have experienced the feeling of someone sitting down on the bed next to me at night when I had only been in bed for a few minutes. Some one stroking my hair or my arm just at random times of the day like when I was sitting on the couch or reading in bed. Not threatening in any way, just as if someone wanted me to know they were there.

My little sister, on the other hand, now refuses to be at my house by herself at night. She used to come over and baby sit so I could go out once or twice a month but after the last time, she makes me bring my kids over to her house. From what she tells me every time she baby sits she feels someone playing with her hair as she is trying to go to sleep, the clothes hanging in my closet (which has no doors) sway back and forth, she hears people walking around in the kitchen.

I guess all of the stuff above she could live with but the final straw was when she baby sat last time. I recently got remarried and my new husband and his dogs moved in. Since it is cold in Utah and they are little dogs we can't leave them outside at night most of the time so they have their own bedroom in the basement. They are usually very quiet down in their room and never give us any problems with barking all night. But according to my little sister at about 11 pm after my boys were both asleep and she was up watching movies in the living room, she became very startled when it sounded like a person ran down the stairs into the basement, and moments later the dogs began to bark. She said this happened a few more times. The sound of someone running down the stairs and then the dogs barking.

Just recently when me and my husband were preparing dinner in the kitchen there was an odd thumping scratching sound coming from the dining room attached to the kitchen. The dogs were outside and the kids were gone, so I have no idea what it was.

My husband experienced the clothes in the closet moving on their own just a few days after he had moved in after I had gone to work.

None of what has happened seems threatening or scary to me, and for the most part things have been really quiet since the middle of the summer ghost wise at my house. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by shandi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shandi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-09)
No problem, shandi. I'm glad to hear that things have quieted down. 😁
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
The house has been really quiet lately. It seems that who ever is there just likes to do things when my little sister is there by herself. When I was single the ghost was much more active, but now it is quiet. Thank you BlueTurtle for the suggestions.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
I would disagree with Naru... Your dogs barking would not really mean any new spirits are unkind. They were probably startled by the sudden presence of something they could sense, but not see. The quick running down the stairs wouldn't have helped either.
Your home sounds like a hotspot for a haunting, but I'm glad that nothing bad has happened. It's scary nonetheless, but nothing to be overly concerned about.
What you do from here on out is really up to you; can you live with ghosts in your home? It's unfortunate that your sister is too scared to stay over at your house, but I don't blame her. It's a frightening feeling when you hear people moving throughout the house and no one's supposed to be home.
If you feel so inclined, you could try a home cleansing or scrubbing. This might help the spirits move on.
Best of luck to you and keep us posted! 😁
Naru_117 (19 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I find it odd your dogs didn't bark before... This may mean a new less kind spirit has entered your house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: