You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: And It Begins

Real Ghost Stories

And It Begins

 

My life has been full of what seems to be paranormal experiences. I will start with the the first one I remember.

I was about 15 and my little sister was 11. My parents had left us home alone for a while. My sister and I did our usual activities when we were home alone. We sat in the living room and listened to music. The living room was the center of the house we lived in. To the left of the living room was the kitchen, a hallway was on the side of the kitchen, and at the end of the hall was my parents room with a bathroom behind it.

We had been listening to music for about an hour when the radio turns down real low. As it turns down, we hear a woman's voice scream from the back of the house where my parent's bathroom is located. Being curious kids, we go investigate. We walked to the bathroom and didn't hear anything. We looked out the window and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. There weren't any people or animals out there. We walked back to the living room, and as soon as we stepped foot on the carpet the radio turned up really loud. I walked over to the radio to turn it down, thinking it was just the radio going out. When I reached my hand out to push the volume button, the radio turned down real low again and we heard a growling sound. Then the volume went back to normal.

About 2 months after that occurance, My mom, my sister, and I were sitting in the living room watching tv. My mom had bought a cake mix and icing. She set it on the counter in the kitchen. While watching tv, we hear a pop sound from the kitchen. My mom and I go investigate. The lid to the icing was off and sitting next to it. I provided a logical explanation and we went back to the living room. When the show we were watching ended, all three of us went to the kitchen to bake the cake. My sister and I were talking and my mom was walking ahead of us. She stopped suddenly and we ran into her. I thought she was playing around and I started laughing. She put her hand out and nodded in the direction of the counter. I turned my attention to the counter and there sat the box of cake mix and the icing. The lid to the icing was now further away, the foil was pulled back and the box of cake mix was lying on its side. We assumed each other was the culprit, but none of us had left the living room since my mom and I investigated the "pop" noise.

When summer rolled around my cousin Christina came to stay a month with us. The second to last night she was with us, she was getting ready for bed and I had already fallen asleep. She said she was cleaning off the bed and she looked over at me and saw me watching her every move. She would move and my eyes would follow her. She said she sat down and looked at me for a while and I just kept staring right back, never blinking. She said my name and I said "no" then I closed my eyes.

The next night we were bringing her home and my mom was in the office, on the computer, chatting with a friend. We walked in to tell her we were ready. Christina went outside to get in the truck, I went to get something out of my room, and then I hear my mom yell for me to come here. I had to walk through the living room, around 2 corners, down a short hallway, past the bathroom and front door, and into the office. I found her standing in front of her computer. She said "I closed everything down on my computer, went to my bedroom to get my purse, came back in here to get the keys, and this was on the screen. Did you do this?" On the screen her chat box was up and the words, "F*** you. Stay away" were typed. The person they were sent to said, "what's going on? What did I do?" I was no where near the computer and my cousin was outside in the truck. The thought of that still freaks my mom out.

There are many more "freaky things" I will write about in a later post.

Other hauntings by justcandy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justcandy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

michaelsaladfingers (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-07)
somethings going on. I'm typing this at 7:00 am with a thing called the dsi. I hear walking and tapping. My hands are freezing cold but I'm sweating. When I leave my dsi alone for awhile its warm. But its freezing cold as I touch itt. The tap went on then off a few minutes ago. I know there is more than one ghost, how do I know? I ask them questions and have them shake the bed for yes, or tap me for know. Ones a man in a world war, a german who. Another is a little girl, and another a wife. My bedsheets look like somethings sitting on it. I juust heard a noise that sounds like scissors followed by a thump. The ghost is right in front of my face and my bed just creaked. Advice please! By the way, this isn't the worst that's happened
ghostly94 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-25)
This entity could be playing about with you to get attention and could feed off your energy or fear. I know what spirits can be like as I have unexplainable things happen to me.
Cristine (41 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-12-25)
This is not a normal ghost haunting. This is a poltergeist created by a (you guessed it) demonic entity. Ghosts haven't any direct correlation with the living in this malevolent manner. They are not there to do (most times) physical harm, growling, claw ripping noises or moving objects like turning up the radio.
Demonic presences are there to do harm and make you fearful, partial possession is not uncommon. I would say to have the home blessed and individual prayer is a very strong protector. Funny thing is, I don't hear people talk much about their religious/spiritual beliefs here on this site and that is really too bad for a number of reasons and causes. 😊
justcandy (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
the house was built and bought in 1987 by my dad. He bought the land and had to clear it himself. Before they built houses and divided the land to sell it, it was used for the trees. That's it. Nothing special. I've asked all of the questions. We tore down that house about 4 years ago and now have a new one we live in on the same land.

I'm glad you are enjoying reading it. And thank you very much.
metanormalcom (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-24)
Your story is great because is in detail, you 15 your sister 11, woman voice, on the kitchen... I heard a woman's voice calling my name right when I was about to cross a street with a lot of cars, I wasn't scared but still I keep on hearing her sometimes anyway,I'll do my best to clearify those symbolisms in your story. Thanks for sharing.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-23)
Thanks for sharing,
Question: are you still living in the house where all of this happened when you were a kid? If so have you ever done any investigation on the history of the house and/or property it sits in? This might explain a lot of the ocurrences in the home.
justcandy (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
all of that happened about 7 years ago. Since then so much has happened and it's gotten worse. Such as my daughter being pulled out of bed, doors opening by themselves, and the constant feeling of being watched. A couple days ago I was home alone, and I heard someone walk through the house, stop on the other side of wall from where I was at and whisper "shh". Then my phone rang and I jumped and screamed. Yesterday I was walking into the bedroom and couldn't get the door open, no matter what I did. When the door finally opened a freezing gust of wind shot past me and the room inside was hot. As I sit here tying this I hear breathing in my ear and I am the only one in the room. Creepy? I think yes! Thank you all for you advice and opinions. It is greatly appreciated.
TheMoiFish (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
[at] strife yeh I agree
😕
But the one thing I have found out is that they gather energy from your 'scaredness' (if that makes sence:L)
Take care x
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
Creepy events, and good story, I really enjoyed reading it. I agree with teneki that there are plenty of cleansing formulas around the site. Rookdygin has one that is pretty popular and I hear that it does wonders. Not sure if it is faith independent, but it is something to look into. Good luck and thanks for sharing!
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
Sounds more to me like possibly a residual with the scream, maybe an intelligent haunting with the cake and icing, and again a possible intelligent haunting with the chat program. If it scares you, there are some cleansing formulas around the site that are faith independent so as to be used by anyone regardless of beliefs.

This comment from strife is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: