You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dawn Breaker

Real Ghost Stories

Dawn Breaker

 

About two years back, I'd gone to Kasauli with my family for a vacation. Kasauli is a hill station in Himachal Pradesh, India. Hill stations in India, especially this one is famous for hauntings, so naturally when we decided to go there I was rather excited about some kind of paranormal experience.

Our trip was supposed to be short and sweet and we were to stay there for 3 nights. We had booked 2 chalets in the Kasauli club which was set up in the year 1880, and in 2001 there was a horrible accident where the whole place burnt down to ashes. Even though the burning down bit was really sad, I was still really excited about seeing some unexplainable shadows and orbs here and there.

Our stay in the place turned out to be extremely comfortable expect for the random jumping/running of monkeys on the roof in the mornings and the stray dogs terrorizing us when would walk outside at night. I was quite disappointed on our last night but also mildly relieved somewhere that I didn't see anything weird. On our last night we planned to get up early next morning to click pictures of the sunrise.

The next morning at the break of dawn, Dad came to our chalet to wake us up. Me and my sister dragged ourselves out of the bed wrapping ourselves with every blanket and shawl available and stepped out to a blast of icy winds.

I could see my mum and brother walking ahead outside, down the road, while dad followed them with his SLR ready to be used. I stayed close to the door of my chalet while my sister walked towards the little opening to the woods behind our cottage. My sister took out her N72 and started taking pictures of the rising sun which was barely visible from where we were standing. I just stared at the pine trees which covered the sun while I could hear the multiple shots of her phone camera faced in the same direction. Suddenly I heard two loud thuds and looked up to see two monkeys running on the roof. My sister who was standing further away also turned after a few seconds of the sound and said,

Dawn Breaker

"Let's go back in".

I figured that she too was scared of the monkeys and quickly walked back into the chalet. When she walked in, she looked a little scared, so I asked her,

"You heard that?"

She said, "yeah, but I have to tell you something"

Nervous and excited at her tone I asked, "What? Tell me"

"Only when we're out of here" She said seriously.

I didn't force her into telling me and patiently waited for 2 hours, when we checked out and left.

"After we'd driven out of Kasauli I asked her, "what happened there?"

She said, "I saw something in the picture, let me check again"

I could feel the goose bumps rising on my skin as she took out her phone and browsed through her gallery, "yeah, it's there" she said with a wicked smile and handed over the phone to me.

I continued to stare at her with a confused look as I grabbed her phone. I looked over at the picture and there it was; the reason for our excitement before we went to Kasauli and the reason for my fear now.

In the dark blue background of the woods and the breaking dawn, a solid white figure of a woman standing right there about 10 feet away from where we were, just looking back at us.

Other hauntings by snigdhajha

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snigdhajha, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sibo (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
A good story, but I don't think it is some type of spirit or apparition standing over there. Maybe the picture is too blurry or the camera didn't frame it quite clearly or maybe it would have been the illusion or imagination of you as your trip was for some ghost adventure rather than a getaway, which you have clearly mentioned above.
By the way thanks for sharing your story an keep writing.

Om Namah Shivaya 'l'
snigdhajha (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-30)
[at] ghostbustersingh I was staying at the Kasauli Club... All of Kasauli seems creepy anyway...
ghostbustersingh (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-10)
[at] snigdhajha... Hi snigdha can you tell me where exactly did you stay in kasauli. I have been to kasauli and stayed there for one month. And that too right across the road from an old cemetry. I too had some strange incidents there...
snigdhajha (2 stories) (12 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
[at] shubham but don't you clearly see the figure? How could it be imagination...?!
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Where? In the left hand side of that picture?

It must have simply been imagination
AshJay1985 (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-15)
[at] Snigdhajha - Nice Story but I have read this in another website with the pic. Were you the same person?
snigdhajha (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
[at] bluefoxx01 the picture was taken from a phone with a 2mp camera at the break of dawn (no sunlight) so that's the best you can get...
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
My apologies, the picture is there but its a bit blurry. Can't make out any facial features on the woman.
bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Well where's the picture. Without proof it will be "just a story" I'd say you were full of it!
snigdhajha (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
The woman in the picture looks exactly like how I've always imagined a ghostly figure, long black hair covering half the face and a white gown, and that's exactly what the woman in the picture looks like. Although the figure was pretty solid like someone was actually standing there except that no one was.

Unfortunately, I have no idea about who she was and what she was doing there also because we were too scared to go back and find out since something else had already happened to us the night before which I will write about in my next story. 😨

But my guess about the woman is that she could either be one of the victims of the fire accident in the place or maybe someone back from the 1800's because the construction of the place goes back to the British times in India.
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Well,this story was also as thrilling as the previous one.
I really want to know more about the women in the picture and was her appearence creepy?
Anyway thnks for sharing a thrilling+scary story... 😨
ind_83 (55 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
hi snigdhajha, the story was awesome. While reading your story I was also getting very excited about the fact that actually what your sister saw. Don't you have any other information regarding that place or that woman in white? Anyways thanks for sharing a great experience of yours. 😊
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Yikes! Do you know, who or what it was? Could you see through her? Do you even want to go back there again? What do your parents say about the picture? Are there any related stories related to your sisters' picture, like an old legend? Sorry, about all the questions, but I am very interested in what it could have been. Thanks for sharing... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: