You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Demon Following My Boyfriend

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Following My Boyfriend

 

First off I would like to thank all of you who are going to read this because after a turn of events this morning I am forced to take immediate action. Any help for the following story will be GREATLY appreciated.

Okay I have been with my boyfriend for 6 months now. His name is Joe. We first lived together in an apartment where I notice he sometimes talks in his sleep. I wasn't worried. He later had to move and I moved back home instead of with him. He was staying at his father's until we could find another place to live together. Once he moved in to his dads things started to change. He was having a really rough time, in a lot of debt and just nothing was going right for him. I'm not sure if "things" pick up and feed on thoughts, feelings, but if so I believe this is why this started happening.

When I would stay the nights there the sleep talking became strange and very frequent. This may sound silly but I remember specifically one time when he rolled of talking towards me and started to spank me still speaking to someone who wasn't there with his eyes closed. It wasn't hard or hurtful or anything but that's not his personality at all.

I started to tell him about the weird things happening at night and once I brought his attention to it things picked up for him. He told me that when he would look at the clock he would see the time upside-down, and that he was waking up every morning at 3:00 am, or in between 3 and 4, also that when he closed his eyes he sees pentagrams and goat heads. After that I refused to stay the night there anymore. That went on for maybe 2 months.

Now His luck has been turning around his job is good, he is in less debt, and is in a new home with a great roommate. I have chosen to remain at home due to medical issues. I love his new place it's wonderful... Until he falls asleep. Once he falls asleep there it's a complete different vibe. It started with him talking to people who arent there, like full conversations. Now it's whenever he starts to get tired, like right before sleep his whole demeanor changes and he starts arguments that in the morning he doesn't remember.

A few nights ago he woke up out of a sound sleep to run and lock the bedroom door. He looked at me and asked why I asked him to lock it. I hadn't said a thing. He went back to sleep and once he did I snuck to the door and unlocked it because I had a bad feeling that whatever told him to lock it wasn't warning us to keep something out but was trying to keep us, me, in.

Last night and this morning are what is causing me to write this story now. I no longer sleep when I am there I lay awake all night. But last night he was talking to someone named Kevin who turns out to have died in the house and is a friend of ours uncle. I told him about this when he woke up for work and that it was at 3:27 am when he was talking. He informed me that his clock was wrong and the real time would have been 3:33am.

In the car when we was dropping me off before work he finally told me more of what's going on when I'm not there. He told me he hears someone's thoughts that aren't his and that there are nasty things that he knows he would never do. I am a strongly religious person and I always tell him the best answer is prayer and to ask God for help. When I told him this morning he shuttered and started to tear up. I asked him what was wrong and he wouldn't tell me. After some prodding I got it out of him and he said that he imagined himself putting his hands over my mouth so that none could hear me screaming. When I asked him why he thought that, he said "it" doesn't like me.

This is why I am writing this now. These events happened this morning (3/12/12) and now I am scared for my safety knowing that "it' doesn't like me. I don't think whatever it is can come into my bedroom because when he stays here there is not a peep out of him at night and the only one thing has happened here. I awoke to hear loud footsteps up the stairs to right outside my bedroom door. They woke up my sister who met me at the top of the stairs but nothing was there. That's all. I think my faith is what protects me and makes it hate me. I'm trying everything to help him. I've researched schizophrenia, and other disorders but I truly think that this is a demon. I've asked him if I can bless his home and he doesn't want it done. He thinks whatever it is, is nice and is just upset I don't want it there. I don't think this is the case. If it was thoughts, demonic things wouldn't be happening right?

I'm worried for his safety and have chosen not to stay the night there for the time being in fear of my own safety. Any help will be greatly appreciated, and the sooner the better.

Thank you,

Kayla

Other hauntings by kantonelli3

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kantonelli3, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Terrorclaw (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
if your boyfriend is having these visions of him killing you then I suggest you be careful around him. I know he is your boyfriend and you want to love him and trust him, but as long as Kevin is in him, than be weary of him.
GhostGirl33 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Try to help him, cleanse his home, pray for him. But your best bet is to leave him... At least for now. For your own safety.
Hope619 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Hey Kayla! I just read your story. Wow! That's all I can say.

For Joe, (I sleep talk at night, too, and I sit up and talk to 'nothing') try sleeping pills? Sounds odd, but it may work!

-Lex
Kaylakittyxo (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-26)
Girl, this story creeped me out but when I saw that your name is Kayla that gave me some chills because my name is Kayla too.:P

Anyway, you have to let your boyfriend know that this demon is not nice and it doesn't like you for a reason. It obviously doesn't want him to be happy. It wants to control his life so it can end up getting what it wants.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
kantonelli,
Listen sweetie, if I could erase that last omment of mine, I would. It was way out of line, and I must apologize. It may not mean much now, but I did mean well when I put it up. I just went about it in the wrong manner.
Good luck,

Jav
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Nicely put Vidya! I must say you have a way with words... Bahut acchhe!
😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
[at] vidya,
Now you're talking. And making sense to boot!

[at] kantonelli,
Here is something else you might ponder. A man who threatens, the way Joe has been doing, isn't always warning you in a good way. What he is doing could also be seen as laying the groundwork. If, at some point in the future, he does actually lay a hand on you in a violent or malicious manner, he will definitely use his prior "warnings" to you as his weapon as well. He will remind you afterward that you "knew" he was being tormented and that there was a chance these things would happen, so why did you keep coming around when you knew you could be harmed physically? I'm sorry hun, but you should be prepared for the things he says "it" wants him to do. This is how you go from being a girlfriend to a battered victim that refuses to testify because you've been made to feel like you brought it upon yourself.
Sorry if that's harsh, but it's a real possibility here and I would be remiss in not making that clear while it's still just that.

Jav
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
PS: joe is his own worst enemy, not any other spirit or demon, the only demon he should worry about is himself, since it seems that he is completely surrendering to the darkness within himself... Maybe he is reading the spirit wrong... It doesn't always mean that if a spirit shows you dead bodies that it wants you to kill, as they communicate in symbolic language... If joe is reading the symbols wrong, even hear things wrong, he would be misinterpreting the spirit's message... And with such a dark disposition and clouded mind, he will see things wrongly and in a negative way, and making wrong assumptions and reacting upon it in a dark way. If you want to help him, you must first seek to help him heal and battle his own darkness and demons (such as scars, insecurities, fears etc.) He seems to have little Faith in the Light, or God... Maybe you can show him a better way!
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Sorry I didn't read your first story before jumping to the second, now I can see it is far worse than described in the second story.

Okay here's the deal; if your boyfriend is saying stuff like wanting to kill you it is obvious that that you and your other friends are threats to the spirit's business with Joe... Yes so maybe he got shown the image of dead bodies by the spirit to get rid of you and your friends... Maybe in a figurative way, like breaking friendship ties instead of murder.

No doubt he has psychic abilities and don't even joke about it, he seems honest and the fact that he cracked down while telling you this "thing" wants you away, shows he is terrified, yet not so horrified as much as he is intrigued at what is happening to him... He didn't say "let's get rid of the thing, or let's get the house cleansed" no he just goes with it and it seems he likes to confide in you as to what he experiences, since being a psychic is a very lonely road, but don't you think he likes to brag a little bit?

I can see now why javelina called me an idiot hahaha since I didn't knew all the facts until now... Yeah could be his way of trying to break up with you, or just bragging... But be careful he is about to go all sadistic on your arse, since he is giving himself freely over to this thing, and he likes the power it gives him.

Listen carefully - if Joe is willfully giving itself over to this presence, there is nothing you can do, it is obvious that he likes what is happening to him, and loves the hold this thing has over him, with that being said it is clear he made his choice between you and the entity and there is nothing you can do about it now... He who wants no help, cannot be helped as simple as that.

Do you know if he was previously involved in such things, what does he believe in? Is a practicing satanist? I believe he is hiding many things from you, and you shouldn't be so gullible to think that he is innocent in this whole thing - demon possession happens when you consciously make the choice to allow it to happen. He seems like a troubled spirit himself, and the spirit is maybe promising him an escape of feeling helpless... Yet I don't understand why he said in the second part of the story to the thing "get the f*u*c*k out of my house" if he likes to have this thing around.

Maybe you should also question him about his past and past traumatic experiences of domestic abuse etc. Maybe this pain is finally ready to come to the surface to be resolved, but it can be lethal if it is approached in the wrong way - you can't seek to heal if you escape in "spiritism"... And you can't fully work with spirits if you are not fully healed yourself knowing yourself, strengths and weaknesses... He seems confused, and have not fully found his LIGHT yet due to being "shaded" and kept surrounded by the darkness of possible past childhood scars... And to work with spirits in such a condition can be LETHAL, attracting all sorts of negative entities, due to his own negative "vibe" and cluttered aura. If he is wise he should call upon Divine protection and Light to surround him, healing before seeking to "help" other spirits who are probably just as sick as he is.

Also do a search on "mission spirits"...it seems that this spirit has a mission with him... Also let "joe" read the comments to your stories if he wants "help" at all he would be posting stories here himself to be understand what is happening to him, but he doesn't seem to want to understand, while you do... If this spirit has any mission whatsoever with Joe then you could be a tool to Joe, used to get through to Joe... Maybe the spirit wanted to scare you and pretended that it wanted you and the other friends out of the way, just to get you to post here and get answers for joe, if it really cares for joe.

Maybe it is because you won't go away that it uses you. Who knows. Joe could be more mad than the spirit.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
(I wish I had seen some of the comments here before posting on your second submission... But now I've seen something that's been said I feel the need to address it...)

Michore,

Just what 'points' is my theory missing? I based it on ALL the Facts provided by the O/P.

I do agree that 3am can be a very active time for 'Spirits/Entities' but it's not a Good vs Evil / Spiritual Warfare type thing. If Spirits/Entities can use energy from our bodies to help them 'manifest' then it STANDS TO REASON that they would 'avail' themselves to the 'higher output' of energy provided by our unconscious mind. There is NO WITCHING HOUR...it's a myth.

I was a Solo Practicing Witch for many years... And I never once held a ceremony or preformed a ritual at 3am because it was a 'special time' to do so.

I have 'returned' to a Christian Based Faith but I have not forgotten the things I learned during that time of my life. I offer my theories based on my experience... Experience gained from Study, Practice and (believe it or not) Prayer.

So that's where I am coming from when I try to help those who ask for it here on this site... Before you ask... I have been involved with 2 exorcisms, one while a practicing witch and the second after I returned to the Church. Neither of them were pleasant and involved so much more than kantonelli3 and 'Joe' have been experiencing.

As far as Family Demons... That almost sounds like 'The sins of the Father'...Unless the child 'invites' something like into it's life a 'demon' cannot attach itself to an innocent... And children are innocent... Until they are old enough to know right from wrong. My Church teaches that 8 years old is the 'age of accountability'. By the time we are 8 we are able to determine right from wrong and be held accountable for our choices.

Could you please explain what you mean by 'Family Demon?' Sounds a bit 'Mayfair Witch' to me.

Respectfully,

Rook
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
I don't mean to discredit by suggesting drug use or mental illness. I believe that science cannot explain either and that one if not both can exasperate any given problem, be it para or normal. I do know for a fact, however, that both can be easily hidden from loved ones.
It is worth some thought at the very least.

I do hope he gets better- my heart goes out to you both.

~S ❤
kantonelli3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
I just published my story from last night (3/13/12), things have gotten worse and hope that you all will read it and tell me what you think is going on. I tried reading Psalms 91 and 71 last night before bed but a LOT happened... Please read it.

Michore- I emailed you and would love help
star26 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
This story reminded me of what happened when I was young. It's a very scary thing to have happen to you or a loved one. Remember to be supportive because things like this can be very draining physically and emotionally.
Stay positive, things like this feed off of negative energy. I suggest reading a bible before sleep. What works for me is saying out loud every night before bed "In the name of Jesus Christ I demand you to get out of my household." if you saying very firmly they have to leave if it is of true demonic nature. I do not know what your personal beliefs are, but this is what works for me. ~Star
Michore (30 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
I don't agree with the medium theory, its missing some important points, there is another explenation for it. 3am is the is the pinicle of spiritual warfare, and the spiritual realm is mot active on that time, its becoase we are vulnerable when we sleep and 3am is the time where most people are asleep, his problem could be a "famely demon" not sure what the right naming is, you get demons that lives a around family, and they can even know your great grand perents, and if you alow them access they can do to you a lot like what's happening to your boyfriend! Or it could be a family bondage, something a family did that coused a spiritual bodage and the demon has access to it, if that's true then you can't just cast the demon out you have to break the bondage first or it will just come back worst.
Michore (30 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
Its very important! Don't make any serious decisions before talking to me! I can help, please email me so we can talk michaeljamesvictor [at] gmail.com please do it asap!
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-14)
I honestly don't think that he has a mental illness. Because you said that he only acts weird when he is sleeping. That said, I agree with rook's theory. I do think that your boyfriend might have some sort of gift. I suggest you do some research and try to compare his mmm "symptoms" to whatever you do find.

Other than that I wish you lots of luck and advice you to always listen to your instincts (like that night when you got up to unlock the door) 😉

-dani
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Kayla - Rook's advice makes a lot of sense. Honestly, there is nothing I can add to assist you. I wish and pray that all goes well.

Good luck!
Amit
345assasin42 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Kayla, this is a fascinating story, and I agree with rocky. I have done that plenty of times just for practice. And also, I highly think that you should have a medium come and talk to Joe. But this may not be anything spiritual also. He could be depressed or stressed. You said he was in debt, that brings a lot of stress. He could have gotten the habit of doing that even after his life had gotten better. There are lots of resonable explanations and I think you should have Joe checked out by a Medium. He/she will be able to tell you weather it is stress or if it really is a spiritual conversation.
Best of luck ~Anthony
kantonelli3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
sacul- He drinks socially, but he just turned 21. Its not everyday or anything close to that just some weekend parties and things of that nature. Also, no drug use at all. I am very against it. And as far as I know there is no one in his family with any sort of mental illness but I will be sure to talk to his mom and make sure. Thank you
kantonelli3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Thank you all so much for your comments. I would first off like to state that my families home is 8 years old and was built for us just to help clarify that. I know the mental illness thing is a serious deal but wouldn't that change his additude when he is awake? I have talked to him about seeing someone because I would love to rule that out or get him help if its needed.
Rookdygin- I am sooo happy you brought up this point without me saying something about it. Joe and I were talking in the car and he said that he thinks he may be some kind of medium, but hes not sure if he believes in anything super natural, or spiritual. I really think you may be on to something with your theory.
Thank you all so much and I will post again tomo morning after I try some of the things everyone suggested tonight.
enigmaticsoul (17 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
I would definitely advise to rule out mental illness in this case... But something tells me that Rook has made a really good observation in this and not that it's about whose opinion is right or wrong however I believe in this case that it's possible your partner has a gift that he is either unaware of and spirits are using him to communicate... I highly recommend the given cleansing advise Rook has given.

Please keep us updated. Keep praying and stay safe x
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
I agree- mental illness or possible drug use coupled with it. Does he drink or drug? Any history of mental illness in his family? Be very careful as the prior poster suggests. You probably have the right "vibe" in not wanting to stay over.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
kantonelli,

While I do agree seeing a Professional to ensure Depression/Stress are not causing these 'issues' I'd like to offer a theory...

I do not think there is a 'ghost' trapped in his body... If it has 'gotten' inside him it is possession and it does not mean a demon is involved. Having said that I do not think this is a case of possession nor do I feel it is a case of Spirit Attachment. Let me explain...

I 'feel' Joe may be a Medium and what is happening is that he is channeling Spirits in his sleep. Mediums speak with Spirits... Some do so by entering a Trance and channeling them so that a 'line of communication' is established. Joe is doing this unconsciously in his sleep and has no control over those spirits that communicate through him.

I suggest a few things...

First: Either you or he needs to keep a Journal, write down everything that happens and see if there are any spirits trying to use him to communicate.

Second: Cleansing and Shielding... Both for yourselves and the Home. This will help ensure only positive things are with-in the house and if he is Shielded they should be unable to use him to communicate.

Third: Locate a reliable Psychic/Medium and have them do a reading on/for Joe... Again it's my guess Joe is a Medium but doesn't know it or has repressed it without any Shielding Techniques and it 'manifests' when he is sleeping because of this.

I'm going to offer a Method I use for Shielding and Cleansing... But it seems as if you need it more for yourselves than the Home/House itself... If you have any questions on how to 'modify' it for personal use please feel free to ask here or E-mail me via the address on my profile.

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated and do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
huendchen (49 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
This story sounds like it's about someone with a mental illness who needs help. Everything but the footsteps have a natural explanation (fear, paranoia, night terrors etc) and even the footsteps could have been creaky floors or the house settling. I think you should stay far away from anyone who has said they have visions of holding their hands over your mouth to stop you screaming until they get serious professional help.
WillBe77 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-13)
Dear Kayla,

Your situation is fascinating, and I have spent much time deducing what could be happening to Joe. Allow me to offer you my theory. From what you have said in the story I am reluctant to call "it" a demon, simply because Joe said that: it is nice and just upset. Demons are not nice, if it was a demon he would know. Therefore we are left with the question: What is it?

I theorize that this "thing" is simply a ghost trapped in Joe's body. By no means does that mean he is possessed. Think of a house, sometimes a spirit can be trapped in the house. This happens when the person dies in the house, sometimes. Sometimes, a spirit can be drawn to a house by the negativity in a house, even if the spirit didn't die there, and that negativity works like an anchor and they get stuck.

Now when Joe was down on his luck, he would have been having a lot of bad feelings that could have attracted a spirit, and the spirit got stuck in Joe. Just like a spirit might get stuck in a house. Now over time negative energies will leave a house or person, and the spirit is more free, and may even leave. I believe the reason Joe's sleep talking has gotten worse because his life has gotten better and there is less negative energy. The spirit isn't weighed down as much and the spirit is trying to reach out and get help. You said it talked to another spirit, I think it is afraid to leave. It wants to know what else is out there. I don't think this is the spirit of a good person, and it is afraid to go to hell. That is why it doesn't like you. It thinks you are going to send it to hell.

I am sorry I don't have any magic bullet advice to give. Pray for Joe, even pray for the spirit. This is all just a theory so I could be wrong, just cover all the bases. Talk to a priest and a psychologist. It is possible this is a sign of depression; it couldn't hurt to have Joe talk to a psychologist anyway. It sounds like he has had to deal with some rough stuff in the past, talking to someone might help him even if it doesn't get rid of the ghost. I wish you the best of luck and hope you will soon be free to sleep with your boyfriend in peace.
Elle0309 (2 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
I think he needs to be evaluated by a physician for depression, first of all. You are right that bad spirits feed off of
Personal hardships. You definitely need to stay away from the house, and if he isn't willing to receive a blessing
Or isn't being cooperative, you need to pray for him. You can't force him to accept help.
Definitely pray for your own protection. Has his father picked up on any of his strange behaviors?

Elle
kantonelli3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
I don't know what pm means? This is my first time on here but I would gladly tell you anything you need to know to help us. I really think its bad if it's trying to make us fight over the religion because he used to go to church with me, etc. I will try what you said tomo night when I am there and I would love to know what else you have to say. Thank you so much.
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-12)
seems like he needs help. And it is out there if he wants it. For protection from the demonic I recommend psalm 91 and 71 from the king james bible read out loud before sleep as well as a bowl of white vinegar mixed with sea salt left to evaporate in the room. When it evaporates replace etc.

If you want my help I will need more info on your boyfriend and his contact info. Feel free to pm me

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: