You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: He Amuses Me

Real Ghost Stories

He Amuses Me

 

Probably, like the other times I've attempted to share, for one hilariously creative and aggravating reason after another, sharing any of my major experiences just won't work.

Amazingly enough the computer came on, the site came up, and the keyboard seems to be working. So, I wonder what he'll do this time. Seriously, this entity does not want me posting anything I've tried to write so far. So I'm going to make this short and sweet, and pick one of my most recent and most minor experiences. Here's to hoping he'll let it slide.

My kids have a play kitchen on the porch. It has a sink, blender, stove top, etc. Anyways, for some time the kids haven't been able to get the sink to make the sound of running water. They enlisted my help, which did no good; I couldn't get it to work either. So, it's not working. Didn't bother me any, they have more than enough noise-making, battery-eaters around, and toys break. It seems to be what toys are ingeniously designed to do these days.

They moved on, seeming to forget their kitchen even had that feature. Well one night, weeks later, while I was sitting out on the porch attempting to steal some quiet, I acknowledged that I wasn't alone. At least one spirit has been regularly, daily in fact, keeping me company for some time. I'll try and not talk too much about it, him, for fear this will all, once again, end in being a complete waste of time.

As I acknowledged the reality of my not being alone, the sink suddenly came on. I got the biggest kick out of it and laughed uncontrollably for some time. The sink continued to make the babbling water sound. Being tired, my kids wear me out, I admit it, I said, "Come on now, you can at least turn it back off." I wanted to enjoy my stolen silence, and the thing's just annoying.

At the moment I said this, it shut off. I laughed again and said, "Thank you" and was able to sit for about another minute before being found out. He doesn't seem to want to harm me, and my children seem to be oblivious to him.

I know this kind of thing can be dangerous, and he is a bit controlling like I said, but he knows all my thoughts and knows its him I'll be talking about.

I don't know why I find him so funny, instead of scarey. Maybe he was assigned as one of my children's guardians, I just don't know. I'm almost tempted to get an EVP recorder, but I really don't wish to attract any more negative entities than I already do. It seems like if one comes in others see an open door. I hope he keeps protecting me and my children, And I hope, perhaps, that I amuse him too. I enjoy the company, and above all, the fascinating reaffirmation that there's so much more out there. There's hope.

Other hauntings by sonri

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sonri, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alandhopewell (28 stories) (145 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
SONRI- As a man of faith, I encourage you to hold onto your faith. Read your Bible, get into a good church, if you can find one.

The Scriptures teach that occult manifestations are generally demonic, except for angelic intervention-these can be identified by the fact that the entity gives glory to Christ Jesus.

Many on this site would not agree with me; I am not here to dispute with them, but simply to encourage you in a faith you already seem to have.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
I feel like I should add this. I did not think, this story would even go through, so I left out all the negative stuff.
As a child, I was sensitive, it got worse as a grew.
As a teen, instead of asking for help, which I still don't do, I attempted to drown myself in alcohol. Made a royal mess of myself, so they'd take no interest in me. For the most part, it worked, but brought me only remorse. I'd had such potential, everybody said so; but no one knew what I was dealing with on my own.
I lived, if you can call it that, looking only toward my own demise, as a relief from this world, also hopefully death would free me from myself. Maybe, as I was taught, I would be able to rest once I was dead.
I felt drawn to cemeteries, finding comfort in being around people who had finally learned to behave themselves. I would even lie and relax, nap, on the grass, dreaming of this relief, this peace. I envied the dead.
Years passed. I nearly died in many different ways, it wasn't meant to be. I was reckless, restless, haunted, but even after all this I was still loved. God took care of me. He can see our potential like no one, and tries to guide us. Not only that, He knows our hearts, and no matter how much I hated Him, I loved Him more. If that makes sense.
When I'd come back to religion, sobriety, I'd become indignant, had no tolerance for hypocrisy, or falsehood. No religion worked for me, and still there isn't one I know of, that I can agree with entirely, could never become brainwashed enough, although I tried, and tried. If it isn't a hundred percent, I can't go along with it. Period.
The Biblical accounts of Jesus' death, always made me weep like I'd been there. Touches me, like only truth can, and does. Have to say now that this has been one of the most difficult peculiarity of my "sensitivity" to endure. I go into a sort of fit, when something really bad is about to happen like the recent (I still can't talk about that) though I don't know what or where. I can feel it coming, and it is hard to recover.
When this entity crept into my life. It started, I believe now, with giving me things, little signs.
I think now, maybe, its been with me a long time, watching, subtly participating in my every day life.
Not very long ago, I would have highly sensual dreams and would wake literally believing I was making passionate love to my partner. In my dreams, its always always always my partner, as I'm fiercely loyal to him: but in these dreams there was no face until I in my conscious mind subplanted him. He, partner, was the only logical conclusion. I'd awake. No partner. Who was I making love to then? Was it hormones messing with my mind. I didn't think about this further.

Recently though, He's been mad at me, this entity. I've struggled with a lot of negative emotions, irrational anger, a depression that I'm still trying to crawl my way out of. Headaches. I've been tempted to dive back into the bottle, to escape the sadness, by temporarily triggering endorphins in my brain. I've been tempted to attempt to remain politely mildly-intoxicated throughout the day. Tempted, just so I could function, smile, get out of bed. But, I feel better now.
I don't know where this is headed. I can't have him arrested for rape, or crashing me emotionally.
But I do know this.
Spirits can manipulate the spaces in our minds. They can affect your thoughts, your mood, what you see, hear, smell, everything. They will influence the minds of others as well. And do.
Recently, someone said something to me, but the spirit behind these words, messed up. I knew immediately what was up, because it was just too obvious that he was seeking to enrage me.
I told this person, at the risk of sounding utterly insane, that I believed "a demon" (yes, I used the word demon) was causing them to say these things.
It was bizarre. They looked puzzled at me for a moment, but then their mind cleared, and they made sense. They thought, and sounded like themselves again. The spirit could've caused a nasty confrontation, instead it was easily resolved and everything was fine.
I don't really mind this creature hanging around me when he behaves himself. He can be very entertaining.
But messing with my emotions, and influencing the behaviour of others is overstepping, and quite frankly scares me. But now that I know this, really know this: the way the world, and people are makes more sense to me now, I only wish everyone, myself included, could always know, and realize when they or others are being a puppet. This knowledge, could change how people react to stimuli intending to anger them, and that could literally save lives.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
I know this was messy, personal, rapidly, though it was not intended, turning into a diary of some sort. But I have good news, my partner and I, we, barely made our anniversary, but now we are doing better than we have in so long. I vented to him in a letter, what I should have done in the first place.
I love him so much, and being that all my friends are his friends, venting to them I have learned, does not work. So, I guess I exploded in a pathetic self-pitying vulnerable moment here.
I should not have posted such personal information; but my bad conscience has plagued me seemingly by the hour for more than six years. I'm sick with what I did, and wish for all the world I could take it all back. I don't know why I did what I did, but I genuinely didn't want to, and nearly made it, so nearly made it. I thought I was strong enough so smart, but I was so young, stupid, lost, pursued. I blame only myself, for I am to blame.
I hope God can forgive me. I got lost when I was very young, a child, and all the men I have "slain", like in Proverbs 7, and many other chapters where boys are warned from "the woman stranger... Whose tracks lead only to death", I truly did not really want to, only kind of forced myself in order to please those who were quite determined to be "slaughtered", and numb my pain.
I'm still lost, but have only "slaughtered" one, my partner, for the last 6-7 years, and can see myself "slaughtering" none other for the rest of my life.
I'm weary of sin, seek no more of it. So, now I need either to marry, die, or leave. Each option, seems as difficult to undertake as the other.
Sincerely fearing for my soul, and sincerely tired,
son ri
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
sonri,

Ummm interesting comment, went in a direction that I, as a believer, try to avoid here on site because of the un-needed controversy it tends to stir up. However you may wish to read something I posted on the Sister Site... Hope this may explain (or help explain) this 'place' you remember...

Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=6281

Respectfully,

Rook
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
I needed to say
My partner knows about this entity more than I've shared here.
Regardless, I feel sorry for what I said about him. My partner is essentially a good man and deserves to keep his family, me and our children, I intend for him to.
But I don't believe I can ever marry him, and he knows this but thinks I'll crack someday... Who knows.
I possess a memory that has puzzled me my entire life, because I don't believe I... Let me just.tellit
I feel its important somehow, and maybe someone out there can reciprocate.
I remember being in a kind of darkness
Knowing all around there were others like me.
Feeling their weightlessness, their energy.
There was such a vastness of space andyet it was full empty yet full of thoughts and others without eyes who could see. I remember liking it here.
And I never felt like I was supposed to be, to come here not yet anyway, like it was some mistake because of how happy I was in this place. No worries. No hunger. Just love. I remember the love.
Because of this memory I've never believed I have a soul mate on this planet. I guess I'm really just kind of a freak and lucky to have someone who cares in my life, seeing spirits having visions. I'm a piece of work.
He really does love me, and I love him, my partner that is, he has integriy, decent moral standing, and a good heart... I just feel it would be a sin to marry someone who is not your soul mate. If he was I never could have treated him so poorly, and we'd click better, understand one another... I feel its a sin against them and yourself and a disrespect to the santity of marriage. Also, I find the concept of promising forever absurd., and I like my last name, though I intend to change it to Love, just a thought. Its what the world needs more of afterall.
Just to clear the air about drug use, since I brought it up, I don't even smoke cigarrettes anymore, for years now, and good riddance. I had a long dark phase in my life; a hard time dealing with the mistakes and scars of my past, and this sensitivity? Or whatever it is that I have.
I've very little experience with drugs but want to tell any oh so precious young people who may one day read this.
PLEASE. Look at what it does to people, drugs tear families apart, tear people apart.
The socially popular alcohol did it to mine growing up. Anything not used in moderation will put you off balance and mess up your life. Don't even start bad habits for they can do you no good.
Its best just to live in accordance with God's standards, and Jesus's teachings from the get go, do that and you'll have a blessed life, free of messy complications that bring sorrow, and be able to be proud of yourself. I've learned this the hard way. Stepping off the path, and ignoring your conscience can send you spiralling out of control.
Which I know I am not living in strict accordance, in regard to marriage, but feel I am doing the best I can within the perameters of my conscience.
I have an amazingly beautiful family, a living testament to God's love and mercy, and can imagine things only getting better. Because I sit in awe of He that made me, Jehovah.
Today I felt a sadness sweep over me.
I began to cry, I was thinking of an ancestor I just discovered I had, and the way his son was executed for a small nonviolent crime in the most brutal fashion, and how after dying in this terrible manner, the men who had done this terrible thing mutilated his body further and then dumped it in the Mississippi River. It was a hate crime against him, unspeakable. I was picturing this forefather's pain and the pain of my other family members, his children and then I noticed something.
The dogs were suddenly clamboring all over for my attention.
They had risen from lazy midday naps to come immediately and could not help but coming to comfort me. I thought about this how beautiful this was that God had designed them for this, how encoded into their very nature, it seems to be for them to react in such a way. I wept some at the beauty of this, at the love God shows us every single day in so many tiny little ways.
I am so very grateful. Estoy muy agradecida. And how my heart is overflowing with such love for Him, for God, my God, Jehovah. Who will make things right.
Revelations 21:4. New World Translation (I know this one by heart)
" And He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Fergie thanks for the compassionate comment. I must have been throwing myself a pity party when I made that comment.
My kids come first and foremost, I can't take their father from them no matter how miserable I get. If he ever hit me or acted threateningly toward my babies, that would be all it would take to get me out the door, money or no, and he knows it.
Hold on here comes another uncannily personal comment.
Six or seven years ago, he left me to go on a two week trip with a girlfriend of ours, leaving me exclusively with his best friend, all of us being housemates at the time. I had always found this man attractive, and kind of crushed on him before me and my partner even knew of one another.
As the days went by I got more and more fond of this best and trusted friend, I could make him laugh when I could rarely make my partner happy. Gravity seemed to pull us together, I couldn't help it. The attraction was palpable. He treated me like I'd never been treated, hanging on my every word, not wanting me away from him. Instead of always seeming to want to escape me like my partner does.
By the end of the two weeks, things got out of hand, while under the influence of some very powerful drugs I experimented with, I cheated.
It was awful. Everyone blamed me. And I've been paying for it ever since.
So, I never intend to harm this partner of mine ever again. I just can't, and can't forgive myself for what I did either.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Sonri, Sorry for coming to the party so late. Your narrative 'fell between the cracks', while I was on holiday with the family.
I am glad that your 'friend' keeps you company. It certainly sounds like you need one! You sound like an intelligent, lonely soul, needing more than just the kids around.
No body should have to 'steal' time, or be hidden away from the world! I know, it is easy for some people to say that you should tell your partner to take a hike. They do not know your particular circumstances, nor do I. But, I suspect, that you may need financial support; without your partner, you may be in a pickle?
Hang in there lady, we will be rooting for you! The day may still come, when you can find your freedom.
Continue to find humor in little things, it is good for the soul! Laughter is 'good medicine'. 😊
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-10)
This was good for me. I bottle it all up, and was very nervous about what comments I would get, after inexplicably sharing with you all what I can't say to those nearest to me. I love this web site. Thank you. I'm stealing time for this, but it was worth it.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Sounds like your human friend needs to take a hike. Sorry you have to go through that type of thing.
RainLilly (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
It sounds, with this additional information, that this ghost is trying to look after you. And don't lose hope, you say there's no way out, and as long as you believe that there isn't. Maybe this ghost is trying to give you the moral support you need to look for a way out. I think zzsgranny is right, and that getting out of this relationship would be for the best. It may not be easy, but please don't give up or give in.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Well, after those tid-bits of info, is it possible that your ghostie friend doesn't want you to post because it knows how much it would irritate your partner?...

Do yourself a favor and get this "partner" out of your life, and I'm pretty sure you're ghostie experiences will dissapate...Seriously... 😐
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Rainlilly, I have let a living person control me. My partner wishes to hide me away until I'm old and no other man would desire me. He thinks I'm too pretty, but makes me feel ugly by never touching me. If he knew about this, we'd probably not have a computer anymore.
This spirit found me when no one else could ever get close enough to know, and naiive as I may be, I want to believe, he's trying to help me with my hopeless situation. Sorry, this isn't funny. There is no way out, but at least I'm not as lonely.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-09)
Sorry about responding so late. Our computer mouse broke, and keyboard froze up. Probably, one of the kids. I can't prove otherwise.
Thanks to all of you for posting your concerns.
Cohendy, no "my ghost" was not out for a stroll. At the risk of sounding crazy, I felt him crawling all over my head while I was posting. I had to be careful about what I thought and typed. He reads my mind, and I don't know if I can always tell when he's around. Quite possibly he's not out strolling now, but he seems weaker during the day, though definitely not powerless.
I wish I could see them better, sense them better. I know there are at least two, one is EVIL.
The other,"My friend" which I suppose he is, seems to like me except when I've consumed any alcohol, or am getting along with my partner; then he seems to back off; though I can still sense him. I don't drink much, and I rarely rarely get along with my partner; which, I believe, attracted this entity to me in the first place.
I have to go but hope to respond to others today.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
Or whatever the case may be. Please consider that you're not the only one he might try to take control of.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-08)
So, what does your friend do when he gets mad at you? And why should he get mad at you? Those little incidences, in my opinion, are his way of letting you know that he's still here and he's in charge. It's degrading and a big moral reducer to be controlled by something.

Again, in my opinion, you shouldn't have to deal with someone who should have long ago moved on.
Cohendy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
Lucky you, your ghost must have been out for a stroll...

Your account is indeed quite funny and heartwarming, but like the others I cannot help but wonder why you allow this spirit to take control of your actions, no matter how futile they might seem. I do not mean that posting stories about ghosts is a futile passtime, but well, he doesn't prevent you from going to the toilets or leaving your house. Yet.

Do you have any idea of who or what this entity could be (family member, former tenant?) ? Or is there any negative entities in your house as well (you mentionned you don't want to attract any more of them) and you can easily "feel" that this one means no harm compared to the others?
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-07)
You don't really know who or what this spirit is. Something to consider
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
interesting post thanks for sharing, and thanks to the spirit for letting you.
Just a quick thought, have you spoken to it/him before now? Most spirits just want the living to let them know their pressence is being felt and sometimes talking to them will do this and they will back off a bit.
Personaly I had a friend whos mother had a spirit just like that, if she spoke to him he would stay quiet if she did not he would mess about or move things around (she even named him fred)
So I would say if the spirit does start doing things like he has done before ask him to stop like you did and see if it helps any. You could even just say hi to him from time to time it might help.
All the best,
Carl
Ghostbeliever5 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Woow m amazed haha... But this is not right if you think about it! Its a spirit! I know its frendly and funny but it can be dangerous! I mean if you moveout it chould follow you... I think you should bless your house beacuse the spirit needs to accept its death or jsut go to heaven 😊
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Honestly, I have to agree with RainLily. I have major issues if anyone tried to act 'controlling' over me. But like you said, your ghost buddy prevents you from posting, so maybe there is a lot of history that we don't know about.
Good Luck!
RainLilly (36 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
This account is pretty unsettling to be honest. This entity seems to want to control your actions and limit your communication. Things that I would regard as major red flags. Ask yourself, would you be okay with a living person trying to control you?
The cleansing method mentioned by Javelins looks good, and I've read several people here say it helped them. Check it out, if your entity is of good character the cleansing won't affect him at all.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
sonri,
Seems not to mind you getting through this time. I don't know the particulars, but you seem to be taking it in stride, and you do get a chuckle out of it, at least in what you've shared with us you have. And you sound quite accustomed to the routine...
You would now better than anyone else how things sit, I'd say. And if you've been reading this site for any amount of time, you surely must have come across Rooks Home Cleansing and Shielding Remedies. I believe you might want to give that a gander, just for the knowledge you gain from it. Household tips are always handy, eh? Let me now if you can't find the reference and I'll copy/paste it here if you like.
I like the water noise incident. That was nice. Thank you for sharing hun. And don't be a stranger.

Jav 😊
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
I know what you mean My daughter and I once lived in a house built in 1924 an there was a spirit there who would turn the T V on the first time it did it it was 4am woke me from a sound sleep because it came on loud. I knew it was a spirit because the remote wasn't anywhere near me it was across the room from were I lay it was on the coffee table. The next time it happen it was a few nights later it happened again at 1 30 am and I said"Now cut that out we humans have to sleep" I turned off the T V and didn't turn it back on after that it was amusing also. Thank for sharing just be careful some ghost hunters that came to my place said my ghost was a young adult and didn't mean any harm but that doesn't me he can't become harmful Please Be Careful!
detective3 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
TheLurkingUnkown, I really agree with you!

Take care, Lilly (detective3). 😊 😊
detective3 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
This story was a bit confusing to me, but in the end I sort of got it quite clear, but do you know this spirit is a guardian? What if it is a demon covering itself up as a guardian, because I have heard they do that, I'm not sure, but stay safe and may you have a good time with your 'Guardian'!

Cheers, Lilly (detective3). 😉
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
i don't know if it is just me but I am kind of confused. So this entity does not want you posting? If so I don't get that. Doing EVP's should not attract any negative spirits you will be fine on that topic.

I find you humorous and protective relationship very warming if that is the case, but look out this entity might not be as good as you think it might be trying to get your 'approval' for lack of a better word. I would watch out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: