You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Experiences With Shadow People

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences With Shadow People

 

This is my first time opening up about these experiences on the internet, so I chose this website because I love reading the experiences on here and how you all help each other. I realise because I am 15 many of you will have doubts about whether this is true or not because of the stories teens have put on here before. Anyway I just wanted to finally open up because no matter how much I try to tear myself away from this topic, I always end up researching more about it out of interest.

So my first experience (1997 or 1998) is strange because not even I can remember it. My mum told me that she would walk up our stairs with me over her shoulder to put me to bed. But once apparently I had said halfway up the stairs that "a man stood at the bottom of the stairs watching me" and after my mum ran up the stairs out of complete horror and confusion every time. I was very young at that point and I don't recall being a very mischievous child.

The next experience was again one I couldn't remember because I must have been around two or three. This time both my parents were present. They told me I had been playing in the living room when I looked up at the doorway, which my parents couldn't see (they were sat on the sofa watching TV which was facing away from the doorway). I had then said, "There's a black man watching me." I'm half British and half Jamaican and my grandparents on my dad's side came over from Jamaica and settled in England before my dad (the youngest of five children) was born. My Grandpa died before I was born and my Grandma had died from cancer when I was three. So my dad thinks that it could have been my Grandpa checking up on me because he wasn't alive to see me at birth.

This year at my new house (still in England) I was up late and on the laptop in bed when I looked up to see a really tall shadow stood behind the wall that leads to my door. It didn't have any facial features and just seemed to be watching me. It had no limbs and just looked like a thick tall curved pole. To describe it any better, it basically looked like it had a black sheet over it's head but there were no creases in it's "cloak." I ignored it and put it down to the laptop screen light making my eyes go funny and the fact that I was up late. I then looked up again to the same place after a while but it wasn't there. Instead it stood by my bed about halfway at the width, bent down with its "cloaked face" in mine, just staring as if I had something in my teeth or something. I knew it was bent down by the way it stood. I could see its end by my bed but I felt its top half right next to my face about 10 cm away, plus it would have been "shorter" if it hadn't been bending. Needless to say I nearly pooped myself, but it faded and I could eventually see everything it had been standing in front of. If it was my eyes messed up by the screen light I would have thought it would be in the same place because I looked there originally the second time I looked.

Sometimes I'll hallucinate and have "sleep paralysis," which will include spiders crawling all over me and friends saying things to me that they swear they never said at sleepovers. I also once dreamed of a shadow man standing in my doorway who was extremely tall and muscular. He was looking at me with clenched fists, standing like a wrestler would before an opponent and I couldn't see any features. Its body was black but blurred around the edge as the doorway was pure white behind it. I remember being on my hands and knees grinning insanely at it like some kind of animal, and I was kind of chuckling to myself as if I wasn't scared by making myself look mad (as if that would somehow make me safe). That wasn't like me at all and I was kind of embarrassed of myself when I woke up and realised how I acted.

I've heard a lot about shadow people from this website and wondered whether it could be true in my case, as I doubt myself almost all the time and wanted other people's views and opinions.

I'm not necessarily looking for help and I've never been hurt before, so I'm only curious as to what you guys all think. I have many other stories about friends and family that have told me their experiences, which I will submit soon but I don't want to make this essay a novel so I'll shut up now. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eya96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Minimel76 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
I have had a shadow spirit since I was a child when I was a child it was small child like it was blacker than night and would run up and down the hallway giggling everytime we moved it followed as I grew it grew still to this day it lurks my hallways and doorways others have also seen this human like figure it doesn't seem to have eyes but I know one thing when there is negitive energies in my uome it grows dramatically and can take up an entire room I have aborginal ansestors as my mothers grandfather was part aboriginal but denounced his aboriginality so he could work fencing its still unclear to me why this spirit has grown up with me yea I am gifted in a few ways but I still to this day don't understand who or what this sprirt is and why its here I have not heard it speak only giggle when I was a child but its certinaly visable anyone have any ideas on this particular shadow person?
Eya96 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-23)
Thanks for all your comments and support (: I usually make sense of these things however I couldn't be sure with these experiences. Lately I've always felt a presence with me in the house but I never feel uneasy so I guess this is a good thing, so thanks for backing up my theories, I'm confident everything's going to be okay 😊
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
interesting post thanks for sharing eya96
Have to say I liked the fact you did not automaticly say it was deffinatly a shadow person you saw but could have been from staring at your laptop shows you are thinking through all possible reasons and not just thinking deffinate "haunting"
Agree with javalina you do have a great way of writing with plenty of information and personaly I would say don't worry about how long your posts are, if it ends up like an essay but has everything you wanted to say in it then fine, writ an essay lol
Looking forward to any other posts you add.
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Eya96,
Very interesting account. However, I would still wonder if what you saw in your room while you were on your laptop wasn't from the eye strain. I'm not saying I don't believe you. It's just that eye strain can make things a bit distorted for a bit. And dark spots can be very deceptive. Just a thought.
But thank you for sharing, I enjoyed your writing. You were very good at your decriptions and your telling of it flowed nicely. Looking forward to reading your future postings.

Jav 😊
TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
You seem to be in control and that is very interesting most people are afraid of this... If you ever want this to stop you should have no problem. You have such a firm grasp of your experiences and I am almost jealous.
ilovemexicanfood (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
hello eya thank you for sharing your experience. You know as long as you have no fear and don't feel this shadow is out to get you in any way then, that's great, I have had the oposite happen to me. Many times I see shadows specially on the corner of my eye I see something but don't turn to see, I don't want to scare myself. Thank you again and be safe 😉 ❤
RainLilly (36 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
You say you doubt yourself, don't! Always trust your instincts.
There are a lot of theories about what shadow people are, and what they want. I think your best bet is to study and research the different ideas, but keep in mind these ideas are just theories, and no one knows anything about shadow people for a fact. Each experience is different, there is no "one-size-fits-all" explanation in the paranormal. That's why trusting yourself is so important. Stay calm, analyze each experience, and use your judgment to determine the best explanation for that particular experience.
You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and a rational outlook. Combine those qualities with a little more self-trust and I think you're in a good position to handle anything that comes your way. 😊
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Hi I liked your story a shadow person is a being called it is made of smokeless fire and can take on different shapes. In doorways is one place a Jinn stays. There are good Jinn and bad Jinns and they have a will just like Mankind. This Jinn doesn't seem to want to hurt you or it would have done so by now it just seems to be curious about you. The Jinn live in a world parallel to ours a type of spirit world. My advice is respect its right too be and leave it at that. If you really don't want it around burn some Frankincense and myrr incense it smells good so, they don't like it and they leave. Thanks for sharing
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
Fascinating story indeed.

I was bored one time and looked up a sight of 'Shadow People'. Your definition for this shadow matched the websites. It said that shadow people often lure children out of their beds and outside, then I got carried away with some other research and didn't get to finish.

I hope this has helped in any way.
Thanks! Cocoa 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: