You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Sting Of Death

Real Ghost Stories

The Sting Of Death

 

Back in 1977, my father went in the hospital Jan 25, he died of cancer in the hospital Feb 25. The night before he died, I had this very strong chill to go up my spine. The feeling never happened before and never happened again. I looked at my mom and said MOM I HAVE TO GO THE HOSPITAL NOW to see dad, she said it is way to late. My father died that night. The next day my uncle told me my dad was screaming my name, demanding I come to him that instance. I feel so bad I did not go.

The next 30 days was very weird. I would walk down the street and in the distance I felt he was there. I was never close to my dad, except when I was little, and we were always in a conflict, starting at age 12. My parents divorced when I was a teenager, and being he and my mom had such a bad marriage and he was always hitting her. After he left he came back to the house a few times. I could not talk to him as a parent, I was scared of him, and tried to make him in something of a good man in front of my friends. I mean I tried to make him into something he was not, but I always had this love for him.

Well, anyway on Feb 25, I was laying in my bed, and thought I seen something in the window, which we lived a few stories up. Knowing nothing could be there, I went off to sleep, and all of a sudden I went rushing up the clouds in this very strong powerful wind. My dad was standing close to a rock, and looked at me and said I am here to preach the word of GOD. I reached out and tried to grab him, I was pushed back in a very strong powerful wind towards the clouds.

The next morning, I woke up and my mom was in the kitchen. I walked in and she had this stare on her face and was stirring her coffee. I asked her if she was ok, and she looked at me and said, Your dad was here last night, I first heard him in the hallway, and I heard you and him talking. I was like OMG mom, you are right he was here!

The reason I am writing this story now, is because after all these years, I figured how the words he said, I could hear his voice tonight, he first said, baby I am here, I told you I would come to visit, I am so sorry I could not be a good dad, I want you to know I LOVE you and will always be here with you, please forgive me, I love you so much!

My mom died about 15 years ago, I wonder why I never had a visit with her? She was my best friend, I miss my mom, and I love her so much.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anne1954, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
Aww your story was touching! I had lost my 2 uncles within 3 years. I saw one of them in my dreams, funny though I thought he was scary.

Thanks! Cocoa 😊
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
I lost my mom 3 years ago to melanoma, and I never once had a visit from her either. We had a strange/strained relationship. Maybe your mom had finished everything she neede to finish in life. She knew you loved her, and she loved you. Sometimes they don't visit because they just don't need that affirmation anymore. I don't get visits from my family, but I do see others. Lovely story.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Anne1954.
Thank you for sharing this personal experience with us, it about tore my heart out. I'm sorry for your losses dear, and I know that pain well.
For me, my mother is always around. She just doesn't make her presence known until I do something screwy. Oh, THEN she makes sure I know she's around! 😆 And I am being totally serious about that. It's just how my mom was.
Jav ❤
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Some times when they come to you it is in a way that you will remember them. My Mother died Dec. 29th 011 she watched a lot of T V when she was alive well after she died about a week after my T V kept coming on without my turning it on. And distance doesn't seem to matter she died in Bismark North Dakota U. S.A. I now live in Bangladesh and have been living here when she died we only moved once sense her death but only to the building next door and the T V still kept turning on this lasted for two months then stopped it doesn't happen any more. They the dearly departed seem to make contact in their own time. Just keep your eyes open for the little things she liked and you know she may come by showing you these things when the time is right, I think your father came to you first because he realized how he should have or could have been a better father perhaps, this is what he felt in his heart and this motavated him to come to you sooner. They know you love them and they really are always in your heart and memories you will always have them and believe me it may be hard now but your pain will lessen I know in the past My adopted father died my adopted mother died and now my birth mother and they all have come back to visit me but when the time was right. Thank you so much for sharing I hope that I helped in some small way.
spectae (1 stories) (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Hi Anne1954,

I think perhaps "I wonder why I never SENSED..."

I would think your mum never left you.

She would know your heart even now and love you.

PeAcE ❤

Spectae

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: