You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Between 11pm And 3am 2

Real Ghost Stories

Between 11pm And 3am 2

 

As some of you know, we live in a rural area of Ohio called Hopedale. Here is the back story on our haunting that has been going on since November of 2011, for those that don't know. We neighbor a funeral home, which is also our landlord. They own our house, and the funeral home. The house we're renting is a two story. My name is Ben, and my wife's name is Donna, and our 1 and a 1/2 year old's name is Bailey.

We have had some strange occurrences in our house a few months back with children's laughter at night. Our daughter is almost 2 years old, and we clean her toy room every night before we would go to bed at night, usually around 11:30 or so. We would be woken up by the sound of children's laughter coming from downstairs.

We all sleep upstairs, and when we would come downstairs in the morning, her toys would be thrown all over the toy room as if they were played with the night before. Now, I have set cameras up in her toy room to try and "catch" whatever it is on tape. They have been up for about two months, and I have been very unsuccessful at catching anything on tape. I took the cameras down for the first time last night, and of course, the activity started again, after being quiet for a few months. It's like they know that I am trying to catch them on tape. It's like I'm dealing with spirits that are super smart.

In her toy room, she has one of those kids' picnic tables made of plastic, Fisher Price makes it. It's where we put her coloring books and markers, and I put a Bible on top of her plastic kids' picnic play table, and we hung a cross on the wall. And for a while, about 2 weeks now it's been working, but this morning we woke up and some of the pages were torn out and were laying on the floor beside her play table, and the cross that we put up is now gone. At first we thought our landlords might have come in and took it, because logically they are the only other people with a key to our house. But when we called them to find out if they came in and took it, they were offended and said they did not take it, and that if they ever have to come in for any reason they will call before they come in. So we definitely felt stupid. But we had to rule out the possibility of that happening because they do have a key to our house.

We tore the whole house apart looking for the cross we put up, and it's nowhere to be found. We can never find ink pens or the TV remote in our house, so I jokingly said, "Maybe the cross is with the ink pens and the remote somewhere in the 5th Dimension," and Donna got upset, so I guess that wasn't a very good time to crack a joke. But I asked Donna if she took the cross last night as a joke, and she was crying and said, "Ben, we have a real f***ing problem in this house, and all you want to do is make jokes. Why would I joke about this?" And she's right. There obviously is something paranormal/supernatural going on in this house.

I'm not going to lie, we are very scared, and we don't sleep anymore because of it, but I try and make jokes about it just to keep us halfway sane. This house is literally haunted and what/whoever is haunting it is doing a good job. I wish I knew how to get rid of it. It's tearing us apart. Any suggestions?

Other hauntings by NightFear21

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightFear21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
I checked back with this story, because I was hoping you had found that cross. I'm curious where it could have gone, something like that would drive me crazy like on that movie "Stir of Echoes". I'm not saying destroy your landlord's house. But seriously, where is it? Let us know please if it turns up.
I'd say move, but I know how difficult and expensive that can be. And whoever comes in behind you will be dealing with the same problems. And then you may never find the cross, until someone crawls under the house to fix the plumbing or in the attic for something, and then there's this cross and no you around to know and tell me about it. I think however, I'd probably talk to that landlord about paying me to live there instead of the other way around. You never said if he gives you the creeps so I'm going to assume that was a stupid question, and of course he gives you the creeps. Pray for angels to protect Bailey when you can't. Every laugh and all that love helps form a protective shield for your family and eventually your home.
NightFear21 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
Sonri,

We are 2 doors down from the funeral home, about 100 feet or less. Our landlord owns our house, the house next to us, and their house/funeral home. The only thing in between us and the funeral home, is our neighbor. The funeral home # is 324, my neighbors is 326, and our house is 328. I asked them if they have experienced anything out of the ordinary, and they said they have voices and laughter all hours, day or night it doesn't matter, things come up missing, car keys, important papers, and then reappear days/weeks/months later. When its windy, the windows are still down, but you can still feel the wind as if you were outside. They said it is very creepy and they are thinking of moving. I asked them why they haven't said anything, and they said because they keep things to themselves, and they didn't want people to think they are crazy. After I told them we have some of the same stuff goin on, we both asked our landlords if our houses were ever used as the funeral parlor, and at one time they were, but not anymore. They have the funeral home now, so there's no need for them to use our houses. So, possibly spirits still here could be trying to tell us something, so that def is some useful info. But that is the latest update I have at this time.
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
i think there is plenty of good advice in these replies.
And don't be scared, remind yourself it's your home. You can order it or anything to stop or leave your room/home, in name of jesus too.
I believe that works most of the time and if it actualy hasn't or doesn't then it's still made me feel able to sleep and somewhat safer.

It does seem to want your attention and the more energy/stress/anger etc you and your family might create in the atmosphere of your home does in many cases increase the activity, it's often the reason spirits are drawn to the location or become more active in the first place.
From my experiences I believe this to be true anyway.
Getting a cleansing is also a good possible option.


It does in many ways sound like a child trying to gain attention, just the part with the bible makes me not want to throw an opinion on what is actualy trying to gain your attention.

I believe the first best step is for you and your family to try and stay positive, not worry so much, and try to relax the tension or any negativity between your family over this - or any matters if possible... (which could help fueul negative energies around your home)
and standing your ground in your home, because it's your home. (which doesn't mean fighting verbally or erm, physically. But simply not taking no s*** in your own home) and being sincere about. Commanding your orders in the name of the lord if it makes you feel stronger too.

teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
All the passages talk about casting out spirits. This could be to acknowledge you trying to get rid of them, or it occurred to me that they may be trying to confirm they're there, but at the same time trying to comfort you. One of them was His walking on the water.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
You live by a funeral home? Has your home ever been used by your landlord as a funeral home? Is there a cemetery nearby? Do you have a cellar?
Have you brought toys from unknown origin into your home? Perhaps, older objects from friends or family?
Where are you in relation to the funeral home?
Does your landlord give you the creeps? So much blood, blood is life. You may be on dark ground.
Can you crawl under your house? I don't really know why I'm asking this, just have to.
Perhaps a light in your window through a curtain, or in your yard attracts wandering spirits.
NightFear21 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Bluebakemono,

One of the pages says Matthew 8:16-Matthew 9:2.
The other two say Matthew 14:26, and Acts 16:16-18, and half of that page is torn and missing as well.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-13)
From what you have described it sounds as if something is 'building' a negative and 'combative' environment for itself and as strange as this may sound... Jokes and Laughter may be part of the solution... Instead of 'freaking out, getting scared and arguing' about what is happening go ahead, crack a few jokes... Make 'lite' of the situation. At first this may cause an increase in activity... But as it 'looses' the 'atmosphere' it's trying to generate the activity will fade and it will move on.

Have you considered asking the Landlord about the history of the House? Or at least attempted to do a public records search to see if anything has happened in the House?

I'll post this here as Granny has stated that half of your other experience has disappeared...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Feel free to contact me or post any questions you may have here and I will do my best to answer them...

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
BlueBakemono (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
What did the pages it tore out of the Bible say? That could mean something. 😕
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
I can help you. First get a king james bible and say psalm 91 and 71 before going to bed. Also it helps to leave out bowls of white vinegar mixed with sea salt in rooms where it manifests. I can give you more info via pm. Feel free to contact me if you need help
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
NightFear21: My first suggestion is that you both calm down... I really don't see anything harmful in a couple of kids playing with toys... Have you tried Rook's cleansing method?...I know he posted it in your last story...Unfortunately, for some reason half of your other story has disappeared 😕...

The disappearence of objects is pretty common, especially where child spirits are concerned... I feel that since the object is a cross is indicative of something/one harmless... They like it and want to keep it...I'm really interested in the pages torn out of the Bible, they may hold some significance to their motive or problem, or they may hold favorite verses of theirs...

Try Rook's cleansing if you haven't yet, and in addition do a little research on your home/property...You may want to contact a paranormal investigation team in your area... Please be careful when choosing a team, as a reputable team will NOT charge for their services... If you need help finding a team, let me know and I'll post some links... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: