You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Staircase Doll

Real Ghost Stories

Staircase Doll

 

This happened quite a while ago so bear in mind I would be young.

Me and my brother used to share a room when we were little and what used to be the study is now my room. Me and my brother would share toys and play with them and sometimes read each other stories. One of my favourite toys from my childhood was a little rag doll which I didn't really name, it was just Ragdoll. When I began to grow up I placed the doll on a shelf above my brother's bed so that I could see it. I began to notice the doll's head turning to watch me as I moved about the room. I wasn't upset at all until I moved out into my own room.

I began to find Ragdoll unnerving, though there was an air of happiness and calming about it, I didn't like the look of it's face and when I got closer to one of my other toys, her smile almost became malicious and my things went missing and my toys would have been cut or ripped, there was a seahorse soft toy that I went to find and it was on my bed, with Ragdoll on a shelf looking at it, the seahorse has a big cut on it's throat and all it's stuffing was coming out, I did get my mother to fix it for me but I wanted to get rid of Ragdoll.

So one day we were having a massive clearout and my father was putting things in the attic. I got Ragdoll and said: "You are being naughty so me and Daddy are going to put you in the attic until you're nice." So my Dad did.

Shortly afterwards I could hear footsteps moving about the attic and stomping and tapping about.

A few years ago me and my brother went up into the attic to look for the old board games we used to play with. And we found Ragdoll hiding in the furthest corner of the attic and we didn't know how she got there so we just left her and went back downstairs with the board games.

When we put the board games in the conservatory Ragdoll was in there, sitting on the shelf! I put the games on the shelf and ran for it. I double locked the door (it has two locks but we usually just use one).

After that I began to notice Ragdoll moving about the home, in cupboards in the living room, sat on the chairs. I did ask her to stop but she just ignored it. But she wasn't able to go upstairs and access any of the bedrooms or the bathroom. The reason the experience is called Staircase Doll is because sometimes she would just sit at the bottom of the stairs, looking up with that same malicious smile, like she was waiting. I have tried to put a 'block' on the stairs so she couldn't sit there but nothing worked.

Any help would be appreciated?

Other hauntings by WeirdnFreaky

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WeirdnFreaky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spooderman (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-01-09)
Ik I'm commenting this after 12 years but if anything like this ever happens just burn it. That's it just burn it in the name of God. It may sound harsh but that's exactly what you need to do in such situations.
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
Do you remember from where you bought that Ragdoll? Perhaps the shopkeeper knows the history.
The best thing would be to sell that doll to a paranormal expert. Or just burn it.
Can you upload the photo of the doll? 😜
migelito23 (32 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-22)
I will say burn the doll ragdoll or sell it on ebay... I hope this advise work. You get rid of the doll it might be posses by an evil spirit. 😁
anu_belieber (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-19)
I never really liked dolls since when I was little because I always thought they were creepy... And now after reading your story I hate them even more!
MaryAnneTHEdoll (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
Get rid of that doll that's all i'm going to say... Or bless the doll with a priest or shower it with holy water. I hope it helps!
❤ MaryAnne
meow3 (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-03)
How spooky! I always enjoy "haunted doll" stories. My advice would be to pray for God's protection. He's bigger and more powerful than any demon that might have attached itself to "Ragdoll".
Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Creepy story. I would bless the doll or something like that. I had this one doll that we found inside the couch. It was a barbie. It looked like someone yanked the head off. If it still scares you, start putting crosses and bibles. ❤

-Lild0ggirl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Fergie!
Thank you sweety. I'm going in for surgery next week, one eye at a time. But I couldn't sit still any longer! 😆

Jav ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Jav, You'r back!? Are you ok? How are your eyes? I have been praying for you! Girl, it's good to 'see' you again!

Sorry Weird, to hi-jack your story. Creepy one! 😨
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
[at] ghostgirlforever,
Just what is that all about? "Animals can't cross over"?
You mean... All dogs DON'T go to heaven? Come on! We all know what dog spelled backward is, right?

Jav 😜
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
wierdn'freaky, Animals 'spirits' can't cross over therefore a horse may have died there or nearby the best thing to do is go to the shed near the horseshoe and lay out a lot of horse food check the food the next NIGHT and see if someone has ate if don't tell your parents unless they truly need to know then it will go away unless... You want it to go away I believe it just needs compaany or atleast a human companion, Also do you have a lot of land and check close around your yard for any tracks

Keep up the good work
- ghost girl forever ❤ ❤ 😁
SamiTheUnicorn (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
Wow, somebody has jealousy issues. I totally agree with MizMiMi0 then she will probably stop with this creepy nonsense. If not, then something must have the doll under it's power. It nothing else works, try something like this:
Place the doll in a box, then seal it up nice and tight with duct tape or something. If it feels necessary, make "breathing holes". Then maybe add somethings for the doll to play with, since it seems to be alive. Then place the box somewhere, maybe the attic again, then tell her she come out once she behaves.
😊 Thanks for sharing!
ghostgirlforever (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
wierdn'freaky, you have an amazingng gift and this was a horrifying story why didn't you just throw away the doll 😭
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-21)
That is creepy thanks for image Weridnfreaky I do Have Ragsdolls both are anna and andy and bunch of dolls nothing happen yet but Sometimes I do feeling like being watched.
Weridnfreaky that a creepy story and good one
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
My guess would be that it's the spirit attached to the doll (perhaps a small child), not the doll itself. I see you updated us about the cleansing, but I would never have something in my home that wouldn't do as I asked. Don't let it get pushy, it's only a matter of time before it takes over. Good Luck and keep us updated!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
why don't you put it in a "honored" spot. Like, a place just for it. And tell it that you put it there so you will always see it. Treat it like a jeleaous child.
GIRLIE ❤
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
*Update
I cleaned up the doll, thanks to advice and I tried another shielding method and talking to it and it is now more serene, it stays in one place a little longer than usual and tends to stay away from the stairs. I am quite content with it
detective3 (14 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
Omfg! That is so freaking scary! If I were you I would be Soo scared because you might try to get rid if it, like burning it but what if it comes back? And is angrier this time, rag doll might try to hurt you then, please listen to Rookdyjinn he has some really helpful advice and might be able to solve your problem, as for me I would probably give you the wrong advice and I'll make you do something stupid like cutting the dolls head off and then the next day the doll is on top of you holding a knife with its head back on but this time her smile is EVIL! LOL... Crap that would be scary!

I loved the story it scared the crap out of me! I hope to hear more from you!

Kind Reguards, Lilly (detective3) ❤ ❤ ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-16)
I know that 'doll' experiences can be 'creepy' but isn't 'burning' it a bit extreme? Old toys, at least some of mine, were my only comfort sometimes. They were there when no one else understood me or what I was going through. They gave me 'unconditional love and comfort'. They were always there in my 'time of need'. So 'Burning' is not my first suggestion as 'creepy' as things seem to have been.

If this Ragdoll somehow has a an energy that has attached itself to it then that 'energy' is looking for an 'outlet'. You may have even somehow 'charged' this doll... Think about how much did you played with her? What 'hard times' did she comfort you through? Was she the 'stuffy' of choice when you went to sleep... Took long road trips or took on sleepovers? If so the 'love' and comfort you gave and received from this doll may have 'energized' it and all it wants to do is what it always has done... Felt and given love and comfort.

Just like a child it felt jealous of the toys that 'took' it's place so 'things happened to them'. Old toys need love to. Clean her up, talk to her and if things 'feel right' and you have a collection of 'Stuffies' see if she wants to join them.

Or explain to her that you have out grown your need for her and that you are going to take her someplace where she can find a new owner to make happy and take her to a consignment shop. (Goodwill / Salvation Army)

I don't say this lightly, I'm 44 years old and I have a couple of 'Stuffed Friends' from my childhood, they keep company with my Wife's (she's 38) collection and just having them out in the open makes her and I happy and they seem happy as well.

Respectfully,

Rook
Saphira (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Here's the help and the advise... Get rid of her or burn her and lok for the Lord God...that's the only way.
darkrose13 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
If you think it will come back, cover it in holy water and burn it. Pray for the spirit to leave you in the name of God.
mysticalme (1 stories) (9 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
I suggest that you burn it somewhere far away from your home and as you light it on fire turn around and walk away from it. Under no circumstances turn back and look at it, just walk away.
shubham1120 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Doll ghost stories always freak me out!😨
This story has done an excellent job in doing so!

Just hope that the doll dosen't come to get you with a knife! Lol.

But I don't know why aren't you throwing it away?
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
Just throw the thing away, banish it. Prayer is helpful, too.
WolfSnake (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
yuckk:/ I reckon something might've attached itself to it, something not nice obviously, i'd cover it in holy water and burn it.
TechnoDawg (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
U couldn't find a way to get rid of it? Have you tried burning it?
xmissfreyax (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
jesus, if that was me i'd be well freaked out haha! Didn't know ragdolls could do that, but I guess you could get someone to check this doll out? Maybe there could be a spirit attached to this doll of some sort? Good luck though and hope you find peace soon 😊
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
I have had the shielding method from Rook, thank you. I don't know how to get rid of the doll because I'm sure it will always come back.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Now that is just plain creepy! Well I never had this happened to me but if I were you I would get rid of it the sooner the better. Send it far far away FAR AWAY. And do a self shielding. I can't describe how to do one and would not try to for fear of telling you wrong. There is someone on here goes by the name Rookdyjinn and he can tell you just how to go about it and he is very well read on the subject refer to him and you can't go wrong. Please contact him asap because this rag doll seems to have a demon in it and it does not wish you well for some reason. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: