You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Suicide Of Roger

Real Ghost Stories

The Suicide Of Roger

 

I have had many paranormal experiences. The one I wish to write about has freaked me out the most.

For my husband's job, we currently live in an RV. We have made some great friends along the way, as people come and go out of our park. I am still in contact with a lot of them. This is how I met Roger.

Of course, I can't sum up Roger's life in a few sentences. Let's just say he was unusual. Not in a creepy way. He just had "great" visions of himself as a world class drummer, supposedly came into royalties from music rights he owned. (I know, why is he living in a RV?) Roger had a drumming-career-ending injury. He drove his motorcycle off a curve, had to get his shoulder replaced. While recovering, he gained 150 pounds, so he moved out of his mom's (yes, mom) into his RV so he could work out in the gym and hike in the desert.

He did lose weight, in a short time, got scary skinny, got "full" of himself and his new good looks and left the park in the middle of the night, not a word to anyone. I was upset. We had become good friends, I thought I deserved a good-bye.

About a year later, a mutual friend was leaving the park and had a telescope of Roger's. She wanted to give it back. I texted him to let him know; I facebooked him and told him to contact me; I tried calling his mother. No response on anything.

It was about five in the morning. I wasn't sleeping and wasn't quiet awake, I heard a voice. "Roger's dead." "What?" I thought The voice was in my head, but not. I sort of brushed it off and got up to start my day. The thought kept nagging at me, so late in the morning I go online and checked the obituaries. About the same time the song by Adele "Someone Like You" popped in my head...CONSTANTLY!

Roger's obituary popped on the screen. I was floored! I ran to my neighbor and blurted out what had happened that morning. She's very spiritual and I knew she would understand. We decided to go over to his mother's that afternoon.

Roger had died about two months prior, right about the time I was trying to get ahold of him. He wrote a 12 page suicide letter to his mother and shot himself in her backyard.

I am not sure why this has affected me so bad. It took weeks for that song by Adele to stop in my head. I have had several dreams about Roger, like he is trying to tell me something. I can't figure it out, but for months it felt like his presence was around, not so much in the last month. Maybe writing this out will help.

Susan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Susan25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
I'm kind of curious as to where the advice is coming from that people don't usually write such long suicide notes - as someone who has written many and attempted suicide once (close enough to have spent 3 days in ICU & have my last rights read to me as they tried to revive me) that the length of the note has nothing to do with it!

He may have written to all the people in his life, or written it over a long period, etc. Often times the person has been debating suicide for much longer than people realize.

I realize this is an old post, just had to put my two cents in.
Susan25 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Galvon, no sorry...it's not something I am pursuing. I do have many others experiences I want to share, some are complex... And hard for me to express.
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
hia susan I'm wondering if you have any update for us, thanks in advance.
unknown_madness (8 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
he probably plays the song for you cause it was his fauvourite or because it was good for the situaton/ relationship you had with roger and when he left. Don't worry he will always be with you in your heart xxx
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
Susan you made an interesting point about the suicide note and how someone could write out a 12 page long note and still go through with it. Usually suicide notes are short and somewhat vague. I just pray he has found peace where he is now. And I hope you do as well, and maybe some day you will get some answers to it all.

God Bless
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
it's unusual for someone to write such a long suicide note too.

Has police ever contacted anyone their, cause it seems like a very odd suicide case.

Mayby hes trying to tell you the real story of what happend.
Susan25 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
Gavlon, I would like to see it too. It wasn't left or directed at me, I only learned about it from his mother, the only thing she shared was that he was in to much physical pain (from accident) to go on. I AM very NOSEY... Ok curious by nature. His Mom did not even say where he shot himself, (head or heart I am just assuming) and I really wanted to know, but it was not appropate to ask.

I think the big thing that bothers me, and IF I can express this so you would understand, is, How someone goes about to kill themselves. Thinks about it, writes a 12 page note, then-actually do it.

I have never in my life been in "that" place.
galvon (142 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
actualy believed him*

I made a mistake earlier, but it seems he just misses you and hope you can forgive him.
galvon (142 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
i read the lyrics and listend too the song a couple of times.

It seems, he obviously knew you were married, but I think he was attracted too you slowly, and left for that reason, looking for someone like you.

And hes also saying sorry, he left you like this, witouth saying anything, and hoping it would've lasted longer than now.

He felt you were one of the few people that actualy believed you.

So hes actualy turning up now out of the blue uninvited, too tell you hes stil there, if you don't mind i'd like too see the suicide note.
Susan25 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
Thanks all.

Panda...the song choice is weird to me to. We were "just" friends. I am happily married for 24 years. Maybe it was his way of an apology?
country_panda14 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
I'm still trying to figure out what "Someone Like You" has to do with you and him. I don't know the whole entire story about you guys but, I think what you need to do is to listen to that song one more time. Try and figure out why he picked that song, and what he's trying to tell you. I wish you the best of luck. ❤
lynrinth (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
It was nice to know you never forgot Roger, even when he become stranger. Perphaps he is trying to tell you something... Who knows? But right now you can, in your heart, wish him love and light, and that he's in a good place, and at peace.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: