You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Pigsty

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Pigsty

 

A couple of weeks ago it was my best friend's birthday. She lives by an old pigsty which you can see from her garden. She told us was haunted, but we didn't really believe her. My friend thought it was haunted by the pigs and the guy who owned them.

I remember a couple of years ago my friend coming into school and she looked quite upset. She told us that the guy who owned the pigs had abandoned them and had left them in the pigsty to die. She could hear them squealing every night. Of course it stopped after they had all died. From starvation, I assume. Not long after, the guy died from a heart attack. I think some foxes or meat-eating animals had taken the pigs away because there nothing there anymore.

Anyway, we were camping that night and at about half ten my friend suggested that we go ghost hunting in the pigsty. Nobody wanted to go except me so my friend and I went together with one torch between us.

Before I start on what happened, I'll tell you a sort of map of the building so you'll understand what I'm on about. The building is a long rectangle with two long rows of eight square sections. There's a doorway in the middle, so there's two rows of four sections either side of you. And two doorways on each corner of the building. There's a little alley going along the length and middle of the building and all round the edge of the building. The walls creating the sections are only up to our knees. And for some reason there is a barbecue in one of the sections to our left.

We entered the building through the middle entrance and the barbecue was in the section closest to our left. So we then walked out that entrance and went round to the entrance at the right bottom corner. The barbecue had moved to the the section that was two away from us. It had been completely silent and nobody else was there.

We left that entrance and went to the top right corner entrance. Again the barbecue had moved; it had gone diagonally across and was now in the the section closest to us. We got a bit freaked out and my friend wanted to go back. But I went up to the barbecue and touched the lid and then the handles; the barbecue was cold.

Next we went round to the top left entrance and again the barbecue had moved to the section that was four sections away from us. My friend then chickened out and ran back to her house. I quickly followed her because I saw a dark figure in the alley. We told our friends and they all wanted to see this for themselves.

All 10 of us girls went back to the pigsty and everyone split up and were going through different entrances to see if it worked. But there were so many people going in and out of entrances that the barbecue was never out of sight once and didn't move. But I kept on seeing the black figure running around. Soon it started to get silly and we went back and got into our sleeping bags. It was a good night and it was hilarious but occasionally through the night I could hear the sound of pig squeals.

Other hauntings by CammiAlice

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CammiAlice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Qua (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Poor pigs! I do feel very sorry for them. I still think that your friend should have called the RSPCA to get help.
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
I have to agree with everyone else in that your friend's family should have called whatever animal rights group there is in the U.K. Or something about the pigs. And given the fact that there were no bones or carcasses of any kind there, maybe somebody did have the sense to come and get them. What kind of thing was there for keeping the pigs in? Since you seem to have gotten in and out with no problem, perhaps a few pigs broke out too and continue to live in the area, thus explaining the pig noises? I'm guessing you live in a rural area with forests and such where these pigs would live, of course. It wouldn't be the first time that's happened by far.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
I agree with Granny and I find I have to second H2olily on the RSPCA question. You mean to say your friend and her family just watched and listened to a pen full of animals as they starved to death?

You stated this...

"I remember a couple of years ago my friend coming into school and she looked quite upset. She told us that the guy who owned the pigs had abandoned them and had left them in the pigsty to die. She could hear them squealing every night. Of course it stopped after they had all died. From starvation, I assume."

If this part of the 'Tale' is true then I'm not sure who is more cruel... The original owner of the pigs... Whom it seems was struck down by karma... Or your Friend and her Family for not even trying to do anything about those staving animals...

Respectfully,

Rook
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
Maybe she could have called the RSPCA? And pigs will eat each other, I have heard so the only that would starve to death would be the last one? I don't really care for pigs, but I hate to hear about any animal being abused/abandoned.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
CammiAlice - you said there were 10 of you. It could have been one of the other girls who's shadow you saw. Anyone could have been playing a prank on you, considering you were going "ghost hunting" in the pigsty. I'm not making fun, just pointing out an option.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-21)
CammiAlice: I actuall had to draw a map to understand what you're talking about...And, my opinion is, you mistook which door you were really going in and out of... I just can't see any other explanation... I don't think the BBQ moved at all, it was your perception of the events...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: