You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: The Cat

Real Ghost Stories

The Cat

 

Over the last 4 years myself, my mother and father moved from England to Denmark and back again. The first place we moved into in Denmark was a large, open space flat on the fifth floor. It had a lot of large windows and due, to living in a large city, it was never really dark or shadowy. For the first six months it was only me and my father living there, as my mother was still in England finishing off various things. It was during this six months I began to see a medium sized black cat. It was always out the corner of my eye so I just ignored it. I have always had a very active imagination and assumed it was just that. I continued to experience that for the whole six months without my mother.

When my mother arrived she would often ask, "Did you just see that cat?" which led me to believe it was indeed a spirit or ghost. With my mother around it began to get stronger, we would see it properly. There was one time that I was in my room, talking to my mother who was in the doorway. There was a large, crinkly plastic bag in the middle of the floor as I had just been shopping and we both saw this black cat jump on it, causing it to make a noise and bend. I checked to see if there were any cat hairs but there were not.

Around two months after this I got my own cat, Kit, who was a large (huge!) tabby cat. She would often hiss at what we could not see or jump up and run as fast as she could out of the room, sometimes right out of the flat.

We soon moved into the second house, where we got a dog, Oscar. He would bark at things we could not see; sometimes Kit would hiss towards the same place at the same time. There were also several occasions when we would see our ghost cat chasing Oscar.

We were forced to get rid of out animals in the move back to England and now only see the black cat out of the corner of out eyes. I believe it could be my mother's cat Charlie, who ran away around 15 years ago when he was only a few months old. This would tie in with the time when we started seeing him in 2009 as cats don't usually live past 12.

Other hauntings by DanaAndersen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DanaAndersen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

faith24 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
My brother and I had a kitten named mittens for about a month. It died I will post the story later but that cat was there for months after even attacking my brother the cat was probly so attached to you he just decides to travel with the family
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
my cat lived to the ripe old age of 17. My moms cat, we had to put to sleep when she was 24 because she had 2 stokes and was blind and deaf, she just would not die naturally. We would hear her all the time

But Beast who was my cat. I had since I was 6. I was with him when he was dying. It was the worst experience I have had. So very sad to watch your child die.

My younger kitty son Moran is my baby. I found him at 2 weeks old and bottle fed him and his brother. Moran always sleeps with me at night. So I was in half sleep when Moran jumped on the bed and he walked over to my head. He was purring, I could feel his breath tickling my ear, and he was kneading the covers. I roll over and lift my hand up to pet him and I go right through thin air to hit the bed. My eyes pop open and I realize that I still had a cat purring and kneading the blankets but there was no cat. It was Beast. He would sleep with me too. Every know and again he comes to visit and sleep. He never goes anywhere but the bedroom. Now I know when hes there cus' I can feel the energy shift and feel him jump on the bed.

It makes me happy. Ghost kitties are fun
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Hi andersen,

Is charlie who ranaway is black cat too? How it came to denmark?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: