You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: New House, Figures, Footsteps, Laughing, Cleaning Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

New House, Figures, Footsteps, Laughing, Cleaning Kitchen

 

Despite the fact my parents know my situation (check my bio), we've recently moved house, and have been there for about a month now. It is 135-years-old and is right next to a graveyard. I have tried to look for any history but found none. This past week I have noticed some odd goings on.

The first night, I woke up and could see a black figure at the end of my bed. It was the shape of a fully grown man. I wasn't sure what time it was but I didn't really care. It didn't feel like he was threatening me, so I just went back to sleep.

The next night I woke up and checked the time, it was 11 o'clock exactly. Suddenly I could hear a young girly giggling coming from my baby brother's room. I froze and just listened to this giggling for I'm not sure how long. In the end I fell asleep.

The next night I heard something much scarier. I woke up, again at 11 o'clock exactly. The kitchen is exactly beneath my bedroom so I could hear everything going on. I knew my parents were asleep because they were snoring. I could hear the sound of plates and everything from our cupboards being taken out and placed on the table. I knew it was plates and cutlery because I've laid the table enough times to know what it sounds like. Ker-lunk Ker-lunk. That was the noises, and the higher pitched sounds were the glasses and cutlery. This went on for about 10 minutes.

Then I heard them putting all the stuff back in the cupboards and closing the cupboard doors. I thought they had finished now and started to relax. But it wasn't over; I could hear footsteps coming up the stairs, coming towards my door. I hid under the duvet and held my breath because I was so scared. But the footsteps went past my door and towards my parents' room. I lay there for another 10 minutes listening to the pacing footsteps going up and down the corridor past mine and my parents' rooms. Eventually they went back downstairs and started taking all the plates out again. I relaxed a little and forced myself to sleep. The next day I told my parents but they refused to believe me.

The next night (which was last night) nothing too bad happened. I had come back from a party early and it was just before 11. I ran upstairs not really wanting to be downstairs when the activity started again and got into bed. Like I expected I started to hear footsteps pacing in the kitchen. I was scared that they would come upstairs again, but they didn't so I just put in my earphones and went to sleep.

There's a row of three newly built houses next to me by the graveyard and I asked all the neighbors if they were experiencing things as well. They all said yes. I know my parents know this stuff is going on as well; they just don't want to admit it. I've seen black figures walking around at daytime occasionally, as well, but I've never really thought about it until now. I feel like I'm being watched all the time.

I'm really scared and dreading every night now, what can I do?

Other hauntings by CammiAlice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CammiAlice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Holy Hell Batman! You heard sounds like dishes being moved around in your kitchen, then footsteps heading up the stairs to your parents room and you just hid under the covers? Sorry parents! You're on your own! That seems kind of mean to me. What if it were a real person, looking through stuff to steal, and they were heading up the stairs to potentially do harm to someone? Next time you hear noise coming from the kitchen, at least go wake your parents up and tell them you hear something downstairs in the kitchen so they can listen to see if they hear it too.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
can you put a camera up and record these events? You should get documented proof. They seem a little stressed out that people are living in the house. But they don't sound threatening. But PLEASE get a digital camera and set it up so you can record it. If the camera is checked and it is fuzzed out and it didn't record when it works fine normally could also be them not wanting to be seen. But seriously set up a camera
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
CammiAlice,

This really sounds residual in nature. Nothing you have described seems to be 'intelligent/interactive' in nature. You have the 'ability' to 'see' and 'hear' these things more than the average person and that is why you hear these things every night.

You may wish to Cleans / Shield your home, however in the case of a residual you are dealing with an 'environmental memory' which needs to be erased, this is not something I have ever attempted, but if you wish I'd be happy to do some research and see if it's even possible. I will say this, you mentioned the home is 135 years old, how much of it is original? I ask because perhaps this 'memory' is attached to an object with-in the home.

Thanks for sharing with us and please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Carolann1015 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I am really sorry you have had to deal with the activity and be so scared, especially when you just moved in. Just try to be strong and not give in to them trying to scare you. If you get really scared, what I have done (like you mentioned) is to put music in and focus on that. For the bigger part, try and talk to your parents and get them to understand that you are scared. Best of luck. ❤
HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
hi, I read your story. I am religious and I do experience things as well. Usually when someone buys a new house and move in, it is best to get it blessed. I remembered when I first moved into the house I am in right now (in 1999, I was 6 then) that my family been experiencing many things. It can be that the previous family left negative energy or that the spirits there has not moved on. You can also sage the house. I am also part native american and in native american culture sage can help to get rid of negative things in your house. I am not sure if you believe that, but you can try it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: