You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man That Disappeared

Real Ghost Stories

The Man That Disappeared

 

This happened a few years back. It was a Sunday and it was around 9:15. My family and I were heading towards Sunday school since we go to church every Sunday. My father was a Sunday school teacher and my mother a teacher's helper. My brother, sister, and I were of course students. The school and the church are very close to each other since the school is behind the church. We just finished our breakfast at a Taqueria, it is a Mexican restaurant. This day was very hot since it was during the summer. We were in Bellaire, Houston. We were heading towards the school there was barely anyone walking outside. It was very hot and it was ninety six degrees, but it felt like it was a hundred and five. My father had a Yukon and I was sitting in the back seat and my brother and sister were sitting in the middle seat.

I was looking outside the window when I noticed this man walking at the sidewalk. What made me surprised was that he was wearing a suit. It was black and he was wearing dress pants, a dress long sleeved suit, and a coat. He was also carrying a briefcase with him. I was confused because it was very hot outside and this man was wearing a suit. He calmly walked outside as if there was no heat. I kept looking at him while the car was passing him up. He suddenly stopped at the stop sign waiting for the sign to say go. Then all of a sudden he disappeared. My eyes were wide open in shock.

I turned back around and looked at my family. I asked them if they have seen the man that I described. They all looked at me as if I was weird. They said that they did not see him. I told them that he passed right in front of us, well more like passed beside us. They said no and turned back to what they were doing, except for my dad since he is the driver. I was confused and kept thinking about that man.

Another thing that surprised me was that there were people that were outside, but there were only a few. They all had shorts and t-shirts. The man passed them up, but it was like they did not see him.

Other hauntings by HeavenlyGlory

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HeavenlyGlory, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HeavenlyGlory (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Rook-yes that did happen around chimney rock and bellaire blvd.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
HeavenlyGlory,

Very eerie! I would have been questioning my family too. The clothes he was wearing did it for me. I live in Arizona, so heat is no stranger to me. Seeing someone overdressed in that kind of heat would stand out like a sore thumb.
So it's pretty much a given that you were the only one to witness the event? This has me wondering about whether it was a residual haunt/energy or an intelligent one. It could go either way I suppose. But you would expect others to have seen it as well if it were simply a residual energy type, right? Those are just energy and smoke really, similar to a video clip you would watch on utube. You wouldn't expect that type of phenomenon to be selective in the people who are able to witness the event. Much to think about here...
Interesting.

Jav 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
HeavenlyGlory,

I'm from Houston myself... This wouldn't have been near the intersection of Chimney Rock and Bellaire Blvd would it?

Regardless of location this sounds as if it may have been a residual haunting... A recording of past events in someones life being played back... Perhaps a traffic fatality re-playing the moments before his passing... Just my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: