You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Disappeared

Real Ghost Stories

Disappeared

 

I have lived at my current address for more than 12 years and what I and my 5 year old daughter witnessed about a month ago still has us perplexed. My daughter and I were driving back to the house at roughly 9:30'ish in the evening. It was already pitch dark outside and had been for some time. To get an understanding of why this is so confusing, I'll need to briefly describe the street.

My street has a 3/4 mile, flat, unremarkable straightaway before making a sharp right and then continuing to switch back and forth as it meanders up and down the base of a mountain. On the left side of the straightaway, my neighbor has a cattle farm and there is over 60 acres of cow pastures. On the right side, there is a very old house on about 2 acres then on 20 +/- acres, there are 2 working chicken houses and a few black angus cattle and then a farmhouse. Directly next is another house on 5 +/- acres and lastly, one more house on roughly 2 +/- acres which turns with the sharp curvature of the road. I have 12 +/- acres at the end of the straightaway on the opposite side of the road from the last house on the right.

Prior to the construction of the second house and then subsequently the two chicken houses, there were no lights on my street. Let's face it, we don't get a lot of traffic and even less at night. Once the chicken houses were fully stocked and the Koch food trucks started coming in at 3 AM for to pick up or drop off chickens, a streetlight was erected. This light appears to be really bright since it is the only light on my lonely little country road.

On the night in question, my daughter and I turn onto our road and we can clearly see the road illuminated under the lone street light and there, walking in the middle of the road is a person. I can't tell if they were male or female but they had long hair, blue jeans and a tan colored shirt. I watched them take several steps, stop and turn toward the direction of my car, which was easing toward them at roughly 20 mph. Then poof, they were gone. I mean gone. Evaporated. Disintegrated. Gone. They didn't move left or right; we would've seen them. It was one minute there and one minute not. Had my 5 year old not seen it for herself secured in her booster seat in the middle of the back seat of my SUV, I would have dismissed the whole notion but she saw it and what she saw scared her in a way no small child should ever fear.

Needless to say, this momma floored it post haste and then carried my traumatized child at a full sprint into my house.

Other hauntings by TNANGEL

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TNANGEL, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Caz (342 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-23)
How frightening for you! Perhaps you could ask around or do an internet check to see if anyone died on that road! Perhaps your local library might be able to help!
Jodie_S (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-21)
Hi TNANGEL,

Perhaps it was residual energy?
I am sorry that you and your little one were so frightened. I can certainly understand why.
twelveam (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-20)
Is there ANY possibility that the person was able to run out of the light in the time you took to look back, or were you fixated on the person the whole time? In other words... Did you look away at all, even for a split second? I get the shivers thinking about that happening so close to home and knowing I would have to drive that road everyday! 😨
Argette (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-19)
Wow. I have no explanation. I felt my heart drop into my stomach as I thought of your fear and panic, Tnangel.

Thanks for posting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: