You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Fellow Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

My Fellow Spirit

 

Ever since I was a young child, I have been terrified of the unexplained. I would see shadows and hear footsteps in my kitchen, bedroom, and guest bedroom. I would tell my parents what I would hear and see, but they always told me it was nothing but my imagination.

As I got older and into my teen years, I realized that what I was experiencing wasn't my imagination. One day, I was sitting in my room doing homework on my computer and my doorknob started to shake as if someone was trying to come in. I said it was unlocked about five times before I realized no one was there. I walked though my house to find that I was home alone. I brushed off the incident and went back to doing my homework. Five minutes later, the same thing happened. I jumped off my bed and ran outside the house and didn't go back in until my older sister got home.

I was really freaked out by the experience, but I told myself that it didn't hurt me in any way so there is no reason for me to be afraid. I went to my sister's room which was in our basement. We were the only ones home since my parents were shopping out of town and my older brother moved out three years ago. We sat on her couch and told each other about our days until we heard someone walking around in our kitchen upstairs. We both looked at each other in shock. It sounded like someone was slowly walking around in heavy boots. We both ran upstairs to investigate but found that no one was there.

About a week later, I was sleeping on my couch in the living room. I woke up to someone breathing on my face. I opened my eyes and saw a shadow-like figure leaning over me. I could tell it was a teenage boy by the size he was. He had dark brown hair and a strand of it was covering his eye. I started to shake and I began to panic.

I was terrified to go to sleep because I didn't want to wake up to the same thing I had the night before. I went over to my friend's house and stayed the night there. We both fell fast asleep, that was until I woke up to something very cold touching my legs. I opened my eyes to see that there was a perfect butt print on the blanket, the same spot where I felt the coldness. I yanked my feet up to my chest and went back to sleep.

Almost every night, I am woken up by this teenager who seems to be about the same age as me. Sometimes I feel him actually brushing my hair back or even kissing my cheek. It freaks me out sometimes, but I do feel like he's not going to hurt me. I'm actually communicating to him more often, and I'm not scared of my experiences with him anymore. I think this experience actually made me realize not all ghosts are bad, but not all ghosts are nice either.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SheytheNotsoBrave, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SheytheNotsoBrave (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Thank you all so much for the advice, I have been talking to my parents about getting the house blessed, but they don't think that will do anything. My brother did say he saw shadows and heard voices when he lived at our house, but he brushed it off because he doesn't believe in spirits or ghost. That's okay though, everyone has their own opinion.
Jayde-Max (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
I read through all of the comments and I think geetha50 is right to be suggesting the whole "crossing over" sort of thing. But, if he decides he doesn't want to (as many of the spirits I talk to -aka, my "friends"- did) I suggest working out an arrangement with him, a tad unethical but hey, it gets the job done. If he wants to be all buddy buddy with you, that's fine; but he should let you alone for a few hours or so.
And if you don't know where to go from there, you should talk to some other teens who know what you're going through, trust me. Being "sensitive" is a lot easier with someone to talk to.
~
-Jayde-Max
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Talk to your parents again and see what they say. What does your sister have to say? You said your brother moved out. Did he experience anything?

If you feel up to it, talk with spirit and see if you can talk him into the light. You can also the house blessed.
AelouaOfTheClouds (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
You may be able to see him since you are about the same age. Other people may not be able to because they don't believe or they aren't close in age to him.

Try to talk to him. Be friendly. Remember, he's just a lonely teenager. I agree with mrfear.

Friendship is ok:)
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Hi,
Is these first time happened in your house?
As you said he is of your age he likes interact with you. Try to communicate with him. What really he want from you?
If friendship its ok.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: