You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Of A Little Kid

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Of A Little Kid

 

One summer I went up to Georgia to stay with some family and babysit. One night my cousin, Aiden, and I were getting ready for bed in his room. We had to fix the sheet because he had spilled crumbs all over the bed. He got on one side of the bed and I was on the other side of the bed, we both tucked the sheet back in under the mattress. Suddenly, movement by the door caught our eyes. We both looked towards the door and a shadow appeared. It ran across the hallway, seemingly from his sisters room, to his parents room then ran out of their room. In a way, it seemed like it was running back to his sisters room but instead saw me or us and stopped... It just stood in the doorway of his room. We both stared, trying to figure out what it was.

Our first theory was one of his little sisters but the shadow was black - pitch black. It couldn't have been an actual person. We both got really freaked out and were arguing on who should close the door. As this fight went on, the shadow disappeared. Still freaked out, we threw many blankets towards the door to try to get it closed. The one I threw was too short. So I made Aiden get up to close it. He walked halfway to the door and threw the blanket. It worked; the door closed. We both tried forgetting what happened and went to bed fine that night.

In the morning we told Aiden's step-dad, Daniel, what happened. He told us about a similar story he had that included a shadow but standing next to his bed. We didn't know what to think.

After I came back down to Florida, I asked if any more ghost experiences had occured and they say nothing at all. So to this day it is still a mystery.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, victoria0820, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kazaka (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
Your shadow is a ghost child who sometimes comes into your house 'cuz she likes it there.

Ghosts aren't tied to locations, they roam freely on the etheric plane, where earthbound souls, or ghosts, are.

I'm guessing that the ghost kid is a girl as it came from your sisters room, she probably just wants to play. 😉 Kids are like that.
ChengSifu (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Did you all have trouble falling asleep? Or somebody watching over you? That's the usual experience you get if it is a real thing.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
Hi victoria,
Did you ask aiden step dad that the shadow was child?
I think he just came from outside to stay there. But, went away knowing that you were not happy with him to stay there.

Thank god its not harmful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: