You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Port Robinson Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Port Robinson Hauntings

 

It all started when I was 5. We moved to a haunted house in a small town out in the middle of the country, which dates back to the 1800's.

We moved into one of my uncle's apartments in a small 5-plex (which was 2 houses in the front, 2 houses in the backyard, and 1 on the side). Right away we started having experiences.

My brother, who was 10 at the time, used to tell us that he would wake up in the middle of the night and there would be a sound of a man's voice calling his name. This would scare him to the point that he would go and sleep in my mom's room on a mattress on the floor.

It all escalated after I brought home my "friend," whom we all thought was imaginary at the time. But I believe she was a ghost of a child from the 1800's, possibly even my past life.

I remember her. Her name was Sara. She had brown hair and always wore a white gown that came down to her feet. I remember meeting her directly across the street from the grounds of what used to be an orphanage, but was made into a home for people to live in, in about the 1900's. Crazy fact: there were about 10 children who died there when it was an orphanage from a disease going around. My friend's mom says she'll wake up at night and you can hear children laughing in the basement.

What happened when I was 7 scared my mom to the point where she had to go to a psychic for help. My brother and I were sitting on the couch, trying to get a diaper on my sister. I don't remember why, she was potty trained by that time, but anyway. My mom was in the kitchen making us lunch, when all of the sudden she felt a hand grab her butt. She turned around quickly and looked at all of us. "Who just did that?" she asked. "Did what?" my brother asked. My mom's face went white. "Touched my butt," she said. We all looked at her like she was crazy, because we were all on the couch and she was about 3 feet away from us in the kitchen. Almost a week after that she went to see a psychic.

Those are all the hauntings from before the psychic's visit I have. If anybody else has any other stories about Port Robinson, Ontario hauntings, please let me know. I would love to hear about your experiences too.

-ky

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kkg1896, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
First of all you say that you all thought the ghost was an imaginary friend. Even you thought that? Secondly you say that it seems to be a ghost girl from the 1800s possibly even your past life. Unless you mean someone you knew from a past life it is not possible to be you from a past life, a spirit or soul can not be shared it has to be in one body.
I believe you want to believe your house is haunted but I don't think it is. I think that maybe if there is a ghost it is just passing through once in awhile. Ghosts generally see things the way things were at the time they were alive known as a residual haunting and if your mother was touched it probably means nothing just a ghost child thinking that they are playing in a field or perhaps a different house and being playful.
As for your moms friend hearing children laughing in the basement this is a definite residual haunting. I don't know why they are bound to earth but she can get a priest to help them pass over.
Dandruff_in_hair (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
They don't seem that harmfull, they seem quite playfull. 😕 maybe just try not not to worry, they won't be very harmfull. 😉

Hope some of this helped
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
It's really interesting what you have described. Will you be posting a story with what the psychic found? I would like to find out what this person said. There are a few things that you can try if you are still at this place. You can do evps or leaving a camcorder in a particular room.
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
Ky,
It doesn't seem the ghosts in your house are harmful, so I wouldn't worry too much about anyone in your house getting hurt. I can't help you on whether or not the ghost child was from a past life, because personally with my beliefs I don't believe in reincarnation. However, I'm not saying that there's no way this could be possible, just that I won't get into that.

Also, is it possible your brother could have heard somebody from another apartment that called him? Maybe if he has a common name, someone who shares his name was being called. You said it was your uncle's place that you moved into, so does he live there? If so, maybe he was calling your brother's name.

Again, it doesn't seem the ghosts are harmful, but if it really bothers you when something happens just call out to them to please stop or tone it down a bit. Although it might not work, good spirits will usually comply with your request.

In the case of the ghost girl, I don't think she was drawn to the house. I think that spirit was drawn to you. There are such things as haunted houses and haunted people as well. I'm just telling you this so you know that if you wanted to get rid of her, you would have to take different steps than you would to get rid of a spirit that haunts your house. Like I said, though, because of their nonviolent nature I don't think that will be necessary.

Best wishes,

-Mickey

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: