You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Howling Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Howling Ghost

 

Not too long ago from writing this story I had a major incident that inspired me to record it. Now in the other incident in my old house in Virginia, I mentioned I've never felt anything that would make me believe there's a ghost in my house in my new house up in Massachusetts, but that changed however.

Now let me start with the little stuff, stuff I just ignored. I moved into my house going on five years starting 2008. When I am alone and a dark room is nearby, I always feel a strong malevolent presence radiating from it. It feels like I'm being stared at. This presence gets EXTREMELY strong if I am not near a light, so strong that it makes me want to scream if I stay in it long. I experienced that when I went downstairs during the night for a drink and didn't turn on the foyer light because it shines up the stairs and might bother my family.

Sometimes randomly at night, my dogs get very upset and go crazy, these dogs are all bark but they bark at most unnatural disturbances. They will not bark if one of the family goes down even in pitch black. They won't bark if our cat wakes them up. They can literally tell if its something normally in the house causing it.

One night I heard what sounded like the middle of a wolf's howl while in the bathroom, and if you really need to know, I was getting a tissue. But back to the point at hand. It was like a continuous middle of a wolf's howl. Now I stood there listening to that for a minute, and then went back to my room, the sound faded to almost nothing, but here's where it scared the living heck out of me, the sound got louder again.

Now at this point I was freaked out, so I went back in the bathroom, and it quieted down to almost nothing again. But once again after a minute or so, it got louder. At this point I had had enough so I turned up my headphones to block out the noise. The feelings of malevolence have been a bit stronger during the night afterwords, and I have been frightened away from going downstairs during the night which never previously happened, it's mostly because I know I won't be able to handle it, you could think of it as I feel like I used to except always in pitch black normally. And I don't want to find out what the presence feels like in pitch black.

The only other incident is one night my sister's printer starting making very strange noises all on its own, computer was off. My sister wasn't even in the house she was at a camp. But the printer was making some really odd noises, it did the noise every 30 seconds or so around that, at first I thought someone was in the hall because it sounded like a door. But after the 20th door or so, I finally got sick of it and checked to see who was out there only to discover it was a printer, I cannot answer why the printer did what it did, it hasn't done it since and works fine for the record. And is fairly new.

Other hauntings by Ciel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ciel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sdking (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
hi ciel
This happened to me last night, and it also happen to my uncle last week. It really scared me, has it happen to you again sense then?
roselover13 (4 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
Ciel,
If I were you I would take pictures of the downstairs area (with flash,) also place a thermal camera because spirits give off heat. Hope they help 😊
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Ciel,
I think that if you were to get your camera and stand at the top of your stairs and look down them in the dark (make sure the flash is on) and snap a picture you would get something. Try it. Have you cleansed your house with sage? I have heard somewhere that if you surround your house with salt then evil spirits can't enter. I don't know how true that is but anything is worth a shot. Right? 😊
Good luck and let me know. If you would like to e mail me about things then my email is on my profile page. Thanks for the story! Good luck!
❤ raingrl01
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
I'm sorry I've been gone. I had account issues.

I have talked to people about this issue before, but other than the wolf howling and some strong prescences I've had nothing convincing happen.

I have never noticed anything in photos, or video, or audio. That is mostly because I don't really have any.

I do have a digital camera, if I take pictures and view them in the camera where these prescences are strong do you think I would have a chance on catching an abnormality?

These prescences are most active in the dark, regardless of where this dark is.

That being said, I can be standing in my lit hallway upstairs, look down the stairs into the darkness, and feel the prescence. I only feel the prescence downstairs, as I believe I've mentioned. It also concerns me that the howling noise came from outside. This concerns me because I live in massachussets. They used to throw witchs into the woods and that would explain a ghost in a brand new house, considering the neighborhood is newly built out of the woods.
nepaivnestigations (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Ciel,

This sounds like you have some strong feelings of spirit activity in your house. Have you ever seen anything in pictures, video, or sound recordings? Have you ever thought about calling someone for help?
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-30)
I told this to one of my friends, I mentioned my neighborhood is surrounded by woods, and built on previous woods, he pointed out they used to throw witchs into the woods in massachussets... That would explain why it sounded like it was outside.

Also the possibility of ghosts from my old house following me still exists, but as far as I remember my old ghost only ever showed one pattern, that being incidents involving owls.

This is just an update.
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
tori- that's what I feel in my house. I feel some kind of prescence from nearby. And it intensifys to maddening levels if I'm not in a lit room. The prescence stays downstairs.

dont worry about your computer, I work as a tech and I can assure you computers especially old/used computers tend to make LOTS of noises. But if its not being used that probrably just means there's something wrong with your harddrive. But yah.

-Bellissima
the house was built for us, new neighborhood, new house.

-cearysawesome
yah, I have not encountered the noise again. And I hope never to.
torig1230 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-28)
Do you know what's weird? Almost the dame type of things happen to me. I haven't mentioned some of them because they were very subtle, but know you have got me thinking.

When my mom heard the wolf/fake ghost noises, they were coming from my brother's room. It gets very dark even if the doors are open because they are in odd positions.

We barely ever have to turn on lights in my house beacause it's fairly open. But at night I always avoid going down stairs because I either hear noises or feel some sort of presence. My head always tells me "Get back upstairs! Get back upstairs!", but I can only pour milk so quickly.

My computers are always on, but even if nobody's using it, it makes noises. I'm not sure if that's normal, but it probably is.

Thank you for the story!
-Tori
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
Hi Ciel, Do you know any history of the house? Could it be something that happened there in the past? You could probably check it out and maybe figure out why this happens.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Ciel,
That sounds very scary. I don't know what to say but pray for protection and safety from whatever this is.

Ceary.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: