You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dining Room Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Dining Room Ghost

 

First of all, let me say this right off the top. This happened when I was a little baby, but I asked the person that this happened to and she said that it really did happen. I did not use real names.

Jeanette, my mom's best friend, lost her dad to suicide about 20 years ago. After the funeral, some of the people, including her brother and sisters, went back to Jeanette's house to crash the night. After everyone had cleaned up the kitchen and dining room, they went upstairs to bed.

About 2 in the morning, they heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen. Jeanette's brother, Todd, was picked to at the front of the line going downstairs. He had a bat in hand and when he turned on the kitchen light, he noticed nothing unusual. Just for grins, they decided to check the dining room. When they turned the light on, they were surprised, shocked even, to see the chair that Jeanette's father sat at was pulled out as if someone had been sitting there and a condensation ring as if someone had a drink sitting there.

They went upstairs and talked about what they had just seen. Everyone agreed that the chair the father would sit at was avoided. Needless to say, the next day when they saw everyone that was at the funeral, including my mom and dad, they told them what happened. To this day, the only explanation that they have is that their father came home for one last drink.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jeff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
Aw that's a really nice story it touched my heart. Thanks for sharing this story with us I enjoyed reading it. Guess that was a sign from Jeanette's father.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
Jeff, that was a good story, the Dad had one last drink in his favorite spot. I think that's sweet. You said everyone agreed to avoid his seat after that. Did they always leave his place at the table open for him? Maybe that's the way he wanted it so he'd feel connected.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: