You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Samantha's House 2

Real Ghost Stories

Samantha's House 2

 

First off, I'm sorry it took so long to do an update on my original story "Samantha's house". Also, thank you all for the comments. If you haven't read my first story, you may want to read it before this one.

Now on to the update: A couple days after I wrote the first story I contacted Sam and asked her how things were going. She said activity had lightened up a bit and her and Katy could go days without anything happening. She had purchased a bible that she left open in her kitchen (A very active area) and said prayers out loud throughout the house. I was pleased to say the least. I told her I was happy that everything seemed to be getting better for her. She said the only activity going on was small and random. Car keys or remotes being moved, sometimes lights would be on after she knew she had turned them off and sometimes she would hear footsteps but nothing that seemed to amount to anything. Even her daughter Katy seemed to be doing better. She would play in her room and sleep through the night without any complaints.

We talked for a while, did some catching up and she told me that she would call me to let me know of anything else that developed, good or bad. She also mentioned that she was sending Katy to camp for the summer and that her landlord gave her permission to plant a garden out back. She was extremely excited. She loves gardening and growing her own vegetables. She said her father had ordered a truck of dirt from another town, about 20 minutes from her house and he would be there first thing in the morning to help her plant her garden (something they always did together). Little did I know she would be calling me the next day to give me an update on activity.

I was asleep at the time. It was 10 in the morning and I had a long 12 hour shift at work the day before, not even getting home until 2 am. So I was rather tired. My cell rang and I answered it half asleep. On the other end I could hear Samantha yelling and crying and her dad telling her to calm down, that he had called the police. As soon as I heard the word "police" I jumped up out of bed and immediately asked "Oh my God what happened?!" She calmed down a little but kept saying "The garden, the garden!" When I told her to start at the beginning she began to tell me the story:

Her dad had ordered the dirt. They (her, her mother and father) had dug up a very large area in the back yard. They had it all planned out. All along the backside of the house and the right side of the house (around by where Katy's room is) they dug a large area for tomato plants, cucumbers, peppers, and some flowers Katy picked out. The dirt from the truck was brought in and dumped where they needed it. The truck had left and her father started to spread the dirt with his shovel. He got around to the side, where Katy's room is and when he pushed the shovel down, to get out some of the weeds that were still in there he hit something. Surprised, he started to dig around it and dig it out to see what it was. When pulled the item from the dirt he yelled "Samantha!" She ran over to see that he had dug up a bone! It looked like the rib bone from a small child or possibly an animal about the same size. At first they thought, "ok this has to be a bone from a buried animal" So her dad dug more in the same area.

They pulled out at least 4 bones and a piece of cloth that the bones had been wrapped in. It was old and so were the bones. Samantha was beyond freaked out at this point. The police arrived and told them they would be very surprised if those bones were not human. They were going to send them off to be examined in Texas and if they proved to be human remains, the police would be back to dig up the entire garden. Samantha was beyond depressed and scared. "What if it's the little boy who I dreamed about?!" She asked me. I told her not to jump to conclusions, we would just have to wait around and see what the examiners say.

That night she said she thought she had heard a child laughing in Katy's room while Katy was at camp. She heard this at least 3 times during the night and the sound gave her goosebumps. She said she didn't feel comfortable being there alone until she had some more answers to what the bones were.

Days passed and finally she called me from her parents house to tell me the results. She said the bones had came back as "Inconclusive" and the examiners couldn't tell much, but they said they were leaning towards the fact that the bones were probably animal bones. They said they weren't 100% sure of that, but that's what they would guess. The police said that the bones more than likely came in with the truck full of dirt, although Samantha's father strongly disagrees. He says that the bones were buried there at the house, although, there were only some rib bones, he thinks that if they dig up the entire back yard they may be able to find more bones to prove that they are human. Samantha's mother was highly against it. She said they need to leave it be. (I think it's because she was so scared) She said that if the police say it came in with the truck of dirt, then that has to be it. She told Samantha's father "leave it be or make matters worse with the haunting." So he left it all up to Samantha's decision on what to do.

A couple of days later I called Samantha to see what her decision was and what they were going to do. She said she was looking for a new place to live. She told me "I know a lot of people would like this kind of thing and love the chance to investigate and see if a little boy truly is buried in the back yard or prove that it's just an animal, but I honestly don't want anything to do with it. I'm scared and I'm done." She was currently looking in the classifieds for a new place. She told her landlord about being done with that house and her landlord reminded her of her lease. She just came out and told the landlord "Sue me". She said It isn't worth living here anymore. At the moment she's in the process of moving. Her daughter was at a camp for a few of weeks during the summer and is currently staying with Samantha's parents until school starts. As of right now Samantha is just waiting for her new apartment to get done being remodeled so she can move in. Which should be around August 15th.

She told me just yesterday: "I can't wait to get into my new apartment and look back on this whole thing as a horrible experience I had to go through in getting my freedom after my divorce." Maybe now she and Katy can both have a place to live without any fear of the paranormal. I certainly hope so.

Other hauntings by JustanotherTori

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustanotherTori, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
I'm glad that they found a new place to live. I hope that nothing like this happens to them again. I expected them to get an answer on what the bones were from though. This is really creepy.
Buzz_man123 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
You should see if paranormal researchers or ghost hunters would like to take a look! They may even ask to rent the house which would hopefully please the landlord enough for him not to sue.

However in the last story your friend said they had a dream of the boy being shot and then the shooter topping himself, I know that the dreams won't be 100% what happened but if the murderer shot himself who hid the bones?

I know there seems to be overwhelming evidence to support the boy theory but it could just be a case of paranoia of the already experienced altering how your friend see's anything to do with the house.

Glad that no real harm was done to your friend or her daughter and thanks for sharing!

Liam
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Tori,

Thank you very, very much for the update. I must agree with granny...'inconclusive' is not a word I would have expected to be used in this day of modern technology.

Please keep us updated, however I 'feel' things will be fine for your Friend and her Daughter.

Respectfully,

Rook
hersweetestdesire (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Sounds like your friend has been living in terror. My heart goes out to her and her little one. I find it odd though that the bones couldn't be determined as human or not. You would think with technology today there would be no problems. I hope she gets moved into her new place and has a nice ordinary life.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Tori: Thank you for the update!...I'm curious, did Sam try Rook's cleansing method?...I don't know, I'm always suspicious when the reports of bones come back "inconclusive"...I'm not an expert, but surely there is a definate difference between human and animal bones?...I mean geez, they've been able to identify humans/animals from small pieces of bone that are thousands of years old...

If your friend feels the need to move then she needs to move... I think she's doing the only thing she can for the safety of her child... I agree with Cliney that the landlord should be informed about the situation... But here it is, the 14th, and have you spoken to Sam recently?...I wonder if the activity has increased or decreased since she's made plans to move?
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
I hope your friend can find some peace but (and I mean no offence when I say this) what about the next tenant? And also there is a chance that the spirits may follow Samantha... Not sure about the boy if his bones were buried there he's possibly grounded to the house... In this situation I think I would ask a team to come in and see if they can get some answers and then hopefully the house can be thoroughly cleansed of the spirits... I know Samantha has a new place so it's not really her problem perhaps she could write down these suggestions for her landlord... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: