You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dreams Of People In My Home

Real Ghost Stories

Dreams Of People In My Home

 

I often have bad dreams where I see people in my house. Sometimes they shout at me, sometimes they say nothing, they feel more like hallucinations than dreams most times. I sometimes think I can hear people walking around the house, and only recently on my day off, I thought I could hear my boyfriend shouting at me to wake up when he was in fact out the house at work. I've experienced it a couple of times last year when I was living at home, I was pretty sure on 2 seperate occassions I could hear my mum shouting on me, but it turned out that in fact she wasn't. Another time was a couple of years back when I was on the phone to my nana and she said that she heard a man say my name.

There have also been some incidents at work where the doors slam upstairs, but we have often put that down to wind, but now we aren't so sure. Sometimes we are sure we have seen a colleague sitting in the office, only to find them coming out the bathroom.

Recently the dreams of people in my home have gotten pretty bad again, with my boyfriend saying I am hysterical but with my eyes open and moving fast and to put the light on in the bedroom. These people don't seem like they want to harm me, but it is scary all the same.

I put this down to possibly being stressed and cut out caffeine and sugars in my diet as well as making sure I am sleeping properly, and I have been pretty happy and relaxed for a while. I tried to put it to the back of my mind, but recently I was serving a customer at work who said I had second sight, and that it was pretty strong. What is second sight and should I be worried?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GraceyB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GraceyB (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Hi guys. Thanks so much for replying. I definitely don't think it's a demon. [at] Shellzy I think that I will definitely look into the sleep parallysis more in depth as the dreams are getting stranger and scarier! The lady did say that I draw spirits to me. I read somewhere that if you feel your home has spirits its good to talk aloud to them. My boyfriend thinks I'm a tad nuts but I've felt better since I've been doing that.
There have been no other incidents other than the dreams getting scarier!
Thank you once again to everyone who took the time to read this and reply, I really appreciate it.
Gracey x
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
"witch by the way I know lots about ghost" Sheridan, perhaps you should do some research on all things paranormal. Just a thought.

Hi GraceyB, like others have said below, these occurances sound like sleep paralysis. The one incident I recall having, it sounded like all kinds of people were in my house, until I was able to force myself awake.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Hi GraceyB, second sight may even be that you have an extra sensory perception, meaning, that you may come to know what is going to happen in advance. I don't know why your customer told that to you. But as far as your experiences are concerned, I would like to know whether this happens only when you are sleeping in your house or elsewhere. If you say so, then probably, with my limited knowledge, I can give you some suggestions. But don't worry. Any problem could be solved. If you experience these kinds of encounters in your house, then why don't you try Rook's method of cleansing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I think you will be fine. Try looking for local psychics in the area with a good reputation for training.

If it gets worse or more violent pm me.
Sheridan (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
it sounds like to me, (witch by the way I know lots about ghost) that its either trying to follow to to warn you, or trying to be freed. Like its trapped or something. So listen to your dreams more tell me what they say. And there is a slight chance it is a demon. But I HIGHLY doubt that...
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Hi GraceyB

My initial thought is that the bad dreams and hearing the voices could be sleep paralysis. This matches with feeling like they are 'more hallucunations than dreams'.

When I lived my ex boyfriend, I would be in bed asleep and would often hear his car pull into the driveway, hear him walk in the back door, turn on the t.v and listen to him having conversations with friends on the phone. I would hear all of this in great detail but the thing was he was at work and definately not home. I would wake to an empty house and be scared out of my brain. Then I researched sleep paralysis and it all made sense.

Having 'second sight' can mean that you may be more 'sensitive' to the spirit world and you may be more open to hearing, seeing or feeling sprits. There is no need to be frightened by this, some people are more sensitive than others for whatever reason but it is perfectly normal.

Thanks for sharing

😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: