You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman In White, And Family Of Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In White, And Family Of Ghosts

 

I was eight years old, and didn't have a clue of what was happening to me. I was simply laying down on my bed, around midnight. There wasn't any sound or movement, yet something woke me. I looked up from my bed, blind as a bat. Yet I saw it. Faint yet still there. A white flowing dress, and a very faint and very pale woman.

I swear, I had never seen anything like it. She flowed with light, but stood like a shadow. I didn't see any physical features. Just a white flowing dress. It fills my mind every night. It was like a wedding dress. Or a night gown. Maybe a combination of both. I hadn't seen something so beautiful in my life.

I see her every once in a while. She is always out of sight though. In the corner of your eye. I have always referred to her as The Woman in White. She never speaks, never makes her presence clear. She simply exists. Always there, yet never there. Hidden. Always hidden.

She was beautiful. More beautiful then the universe. I have come to call her Mary. I have seen her family as well. The father is Richard. I have never seen him, never heard a sound from him. I just knew he was real. Same as the big brother and little sister. Jared and Sarah. Jared is 15, Sarah is 8. Jared never showed himself to me, but I know he is real. I always feel him watching me, observing. Sarah, on the other hand, loves to run around and play. You can hear her running upstairs. Hard footsteps going back and forth. My mother told me the few times she heard a little girl call for her mom. Sarah calls my mother her mom. A little girl, in need of a mother.

There story is like very other one you could imagine. The father, Richard, killed them all. He drowned the wife, suffocated the brother, and stabbed the little girl. Once he killed them, he killed himself. That's all I know of them. I haven't bothered to look it up. I'm too scared to figure out if it is real or not.

If you know something don't tell me. I truly do not wish to know. Tell someone that takes this to heart. That isn't scared of the truth. That is all the information I have, so make do with it. Again: do not contact me in any way. Through comment or email I do not want to know. I am still young, and can be traumatized very easily. I do not want this to scare me. Look it up if you like. Tell someone if you wish. Just not me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Love_of_My_Life, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
i think a over active imagination is at work... Also there is a weird sense to me that the profile is fake like age and stuff would be made up. When my kids wanted facebook and myspace made we lied about their ages to make the profiles. But to much information is known about the "father" and kids but not about this lady... Makes no sense if you will how many kids know or even understand that word traumatized? Mine didn't until my daughter almost died in a fatal car accident in which her 16 year old best friend died... So try another one thanks πŸ€”
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
God this poster's 'account' reeks. I might need to break out the hip boots.

I so far agree with all the comments [which are more amusing by far.]
cookie-eated-me (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
I think I have to 'chip in' here...

Firstly, when I read this, I thought the author had copied it from a book, or was reading from a book. To me, it actually sounds a bit like poetry.

Secondly, it pisses me off that I have to wait until Monday to write something of my own, just for this piece of rubbish!? Sod all I can do. The page is down until then.

And third, I've enjoyed everyone else's comments on this thread. πŸ˜†

Cookie 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
The comments written in this thread are more interesting and factual than the story. Some are down right funny.
The story however is pathetic. Why say nobody contact me in any form and that you get traumatized easly. I agree this was one bored teenager who found this site and wanted to see if the story would be posted.
I also agree with Jav the auther should be checked for cataracts. They now know that steroidal nasal spray can cause cataracts. Ithink the same could be said for steroidal inhalers.

Redwolf
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Well done Frostbunny, well done indeed, just look at all the comments you have received, but just one thing - your story must be fiction, Well written for high school, but not much else. 😜
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
I don't even...wha...huh?!

A* for effort, but seriously, get thee to a therapist. You sound so spaced out!
Abinnn (7 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
To be really frank... I enjoyed reading all the comments, rather than the story. πŸ˜‰

Abin.
Secret_Dromouse (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
I have to agree with; MizMiMi02, LakotaWinyan & PoliexterLy.

I'm calling s[suprised]t in this, stick to the site CreepyPasta in future.
😐
Secret Dormouse
MizMiMi02 (guest)
-4
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
Uhh, here is my issue (amongst many others) with this story... "She was beautiful. More beautiful then the universe. I have come to call her Mary. I have seen her family as well. The father is Richard. I have never seen him, never heard a sound from him. I just knew he was real. Same as the big brother and little sister. Jared and Sarah. Jared is 15, Sarah is 8. Jared never showed himself to me, but I know he is real."
Ok, have you seen them or haven't you? You state you have seen her family as well, then go on to list everyone in the family and say you haven't seen them. Ugh, good grief! It's not difficult to know if you're seeing a spirit or not. Nevermind
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-23)
It's October, so all the crazy stories come out, eh?

All the ridiculous fiction makes it hard for the rest of us, who post genuine experiences.

I hope all this October fiction doesn't discourage people with real experiences from writing, especially when they need help.

Or since I haven't been around in awhile, is there a fiction contest on this site that I'm not aware of?

LW
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
So, I read your story carefully...
I read it over 3 times actually, to try to make sense of it!

So you're saying that you know Richard killed his whole family, but yet, you didn't research this?
I guess you and Richard just sat down together and he said "Let me tell you about how I killed my family"?

Another thing is, you put your story onto this website and then you tell everyone to NOT contact you in ANY way? You get traumatized very easily? πŸ€”
Then you must have been almost paralyzed by fear by typing your story onto here 😲

Anyway though, best of luck to you!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
Some things never change... You didn't have a clue of what was happening to you at age eight, now you do not have a clue of what you are talking about.

You have seen her family as well but never seen Richard? -What a bunch of... Contradictions πŸ€”

No wonder you do not want to participate in the discussion, you... Chicken πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
GloriaW (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
I have a headache now. But if getting people riled up was the goal, the writer has succeeded.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
Okay...maybe enough comments have been made on this story but could not resist.

I wonder why... Why the poster states "I have come to call her Mary" but the other people in this murder mystery have definite names'; the father is Richard, kids are Jared and Sarah... 15 and 8 respectively, no less. Also something else that makes me no sense πŸ˜•is that he drowned the wife, suffocated the brother and stabbed the little girl. MMmmm, seems to me he had a different MO everytime?/ Okay, enough from me. 😊

Zeta.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
At first when I started reading this I thought, "Oh no, another reference to the Woman in White." This story certainly rings as fiction to me. Although well-written (especially for most teenagers in my opinion) it is full of contradictions as other posters to this feed have pointed out. I think posting on this site has become a form of entertainment to many. A lot of these people don't seem to give the people in this community credit. It's really not that hard to decipher what is credible and genuine and what is not.

If this story is true to any extent, why wouldn't you do some research if you already know the names, ages, and circumstances of their death? This person 'knows they're real', but they really don't know anything about these people if they haven't done their research.

If you (the author) read this you should ask an adult or your parents for some help dealing with this issue. You also might want to rule out some medical (or mental) problems on your behalf. I am not trying at all to offend, but natural explanations should never be discounted.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
Hello all! Very nice writing. I wonder why the poster will not participate? I wish she can tell more about the history of the house or the place. I'll posting again...SOON.;)
Siskakes (4 stories) (68 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
I agree with Agrette this may be more of a creative writing... If I was a teacher however I'd be very torn between an A+ or a recommendation to the school therapist.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-10-22)
Ummmm What would Rubeus Hagrid say... Oh yes...

CODSWALLOP!

Respectfully,

Rook (LNTP)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
I swear this thing is like a 20 car pile up on the Interstate. You don't want to be in the way, but you can't stop yourself from staring.
The o/p states "I do not want this to scare me". Yet the story told here contains details of a man murdering his wife and children.
Sorry Frostbuny, but you brought this in the door with you.
Something about this bothers me and it hasn't anything to do with your story. Are you on (or off) any prescribed medications? Whatever the case, you need to discuss this with your parents. The tone used is lofty and the story makes no sense whatsoever. You sound detached from what's going on around you. You sound high.
Seriously, go talk to your parents about all of this. Something's not right.

Jav 😐
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
Poop! I just read that the poster won't be participating in the discussion... I wonder why? πŸ˜•
Argette (guest)
+5
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
I agree. I could not imagine a story like this either. If the man was going to kill his entire family, he would probably do it in one fell swoop and use the same method, not three different methods.

I've read some really asinine stories here, but this is probably the worst. The tone is too flippant.

Love the comments!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
granny and shellzy,
That's only because they didn't have pajama jeans. πŸ˜†

Jav
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
Shelzy: Maybe it was a combo wedding/slumber party! πŸ˜†...You know, I read on the internet all brides in the Victorian era slept for the first week in their wedding dresses πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
Wondering1 (4 stories) (29 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
FrostBunny;
I agree with the comments posted about this story.
There are so many contradictions in it that I don't know where to begin...
So why, exactly did you submit this 'experience'?
If you are don't want anyone to comment and you're satisfied with what you know about your 'ghosts', then why submit it at all?
Also, your attitude is also a combinatin of defensivenss and condescension. Not pretty.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
Javelina - once works as well as five times, thanks.

Lakota73 - the most likely reason you can't vote for me is because you've voted me "up" too many times recently πŸ˜†. The admins like to keep it "fair" and make sure we, that includes the mods too LOL, don't "overdo it" in the karma points. So there are limits to how many times we can vote for one particular person. But it's okay, I appreciate it anyway πŸ˜‰ You'll find after you vote for other people for awhile, the restriction on me will have been lifted.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+7
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
"It was like a wedding dress. Or a nightgown. Maybe a combination of both". Who the heck wears a nightgown like wedding dress?

You see her every once in a while but she is always hidden? Umm well can you see her or not?

So from a floating white wedding dress nightgown you know she had a family that was murdered by the father? You state this like it happens all the time. Umm ok then...

I could go on and on. This story has more holes than swiss cheese, a golf course and a pair if my grandpa's favourite old socks put together...
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
Jav and Miracles,

I also wanted to vote on Miracles comment, but for some reason I can't.

I totally agree with Miracles on this one.

Lakota73 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
Miracles,
I swear, if I could vote you up five more times on that comment I would!

Jav
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+15
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
Frostbunny - when I read your story, the one sentence that jumped out at me was this one: "There (which is used incorrectly btw) story is like very (ummm...every) other one you could imagine." Yeah, I know, I'm criticizing here, but oh well. I'm not done yet.

Who on earth would "imagine" a story like this one? Not me, that's for sure. When I "imagine" a story, I don't imagine a father killing his kids, his wife and himself. But I guess that could be just me. I prefer comedies rather than crime stories, though.

You admitted you don't know whether or not it's real and you don't want to know. But I also couldn't figure out why you think anyone reading this story would know that information and know you to be able to relay it to you. You said not to contact you through email, which isn't public information (just so you know). You don't want anyone to talk about it in the comments section either.

So I wondered what your intent was on submitting this story and I came to the conclusion you just wanted to see if it would get published.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-21)
At first I thought the woman you was talking about could have been your guardian. Your experience commenced well but then became... Well I can't find the words to describe! Why don't you want to k ow about what you have experienced and know? You seem to welcome them as you know a fair bit about them. Shame about your comment towards the end! Take care x

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: