You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who's There

Real Ghost Stories

Who's There

 

This is the first time I am placing my story online. I have read plenty of your stories and find it very interesting that so many people believe in the paranormal.

I live in a small town East London, South Africa.

A few years ago my Step father passed away so I moved in by my mother. From the very first night strange things happened. The kettle would boil by itself, we thought it was an electrical fault and got a new kettle but that did not help and it still does it to this day.

Another thing is when I go to bed it feels as if someone or something sits at the edge of my bed. You can feel the bed sink in. The one day I was talking to my Mom when all of a sudden her bedroom door slammed closed in my face; we were both in shock as there was no wind.

A lot of the time no matter where you are or what the time of the day is you can feel something touch you. Its so slight but trust me its THERE, even a breath on the back of your neck, warm air and a slight hand stroke through your hair.

The previous owners were very sweet old people who would not harm a fly, and I highly doubt my step father would scare us. A lot of the time my dogs sit and stare at the wall in the lounge and growl and you will get a strong sense of being watched. I catch movement in the corner of my eye but when I look I see nothing.

One day my Mom called me gesturing not to make a sound, look up she pointed with her finger, wow the light was swinging like someone had pushed it really hard, but it was only us at home and absolutely no wind what so ever. I still get goose bumps thinking about that!

Thank you for reading and please feel free to comment, I would love to know what you guys think of this, my Mom seems to think we have a demon in our house, I don't know what to believe?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, realdeal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Definitely sounds like a human spirit. I don't like that it slammed the door in your face. That could indicate some hostility and since you say the previous owners were kind and your step dad won't scare you, it could be an entity simply passing through that decided to cause some mischief.

If it gets worse then you should try and bless the house.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Realdeal I would have to agree that I don't think from what you have told us there is a demon, unless there is something your not telling us, to cause your mom to think that. The first thing that came to my mind as others have said is your step-father it does seem to be more of a caring interaction. I would say though if you all feel uncomfortable in your home Rookdygin has a very good cleansing method, sorry I don't have it readily available, that he is willing to share with people if they ask.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
I agree with the other posters that this doesn't sound demonic at all. It sounds like an intelligent, human haunt.
The thing about intelligent haunts, they want to interact but have very limited means of communication. They could be trying to get your attention in a peaceful manner but failing, getting frustrated, ramping up their attempts to be noticed, and inadvertently scaring you. Set boundaries that you do not want to be touched. Usually ghosts are pretty content to abide by your boundaries as they are acknowledged. They are still people after all, and like to be noticed.
It really sounds like a simple haunt and nothing to be afraid of.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Hi realdeal

I don't think this entity is malevolent in any way. It just seems to be someone trying to get your attention or just to let you know it is there.

As Isandhu has mentioned it could very well be the previous occupants or even your step father. The soft stroking of the hair, the feeling of someone sitting on your bed (although scary as it seems) seem to be caring gestures and nothing evil or demonic.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Personally, I do not believe in demons. However, it does sound like an intelligent haunt. I wouldn't rule out a former occupant or even your step-father. He may miss you so much he can't help himself. If you are feeling uncomfortable with the activity, especially the physical contact, then next time something happens I would says firmly but nicely that you prefer not to be touched or scared in your own home and especially in your bedroom. I understand that sometimes setting some boundaries does work.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Sorry I don't have any information to give, but your story is very interesting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: