You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Ghost That Tickled

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost That Tickled

 

So it all started when my partner and I decided to join some friends on holidays to Ballina NSW. We were staying in a rental holiday property on a street called Riverside Drive that backs onto the Richmond River. It is a huge house with two kitchens, two bathrooms and six bedrooms. We were staying with four other people plus two babies in this house but everyone has their own space.

The two other couples brought along their babies. One was three weeks old and the other was five months old. We were staying here in this house for a one full week.

The first two days were uneventful. But on the second night everyone was outside when we heard people running around in circles upstairs as we sat underneath it on the verandah downstairs. The guy who booked the house said, "What the hell?" and went inside but as soon as he opened the door to go in it stopped. He commented, "Must of been next door." I didn't think anything of it at the time really.

During mid-morning on the third day, all the guys were out along the river fishing at the back of the house and the women, including myself, were in the lounge room downstairs. The 3 week old was upstairs in the couples' bedroom asleep, the five month old was downstairs in the other couples' bedroom asleep. Myself and the two other wives were chatting away when we thought we heard the baby upstairs crying. The mother went upstairs, came back down a few moments later and commented, "He must of had a bad dream, he's back asleep by the time I got upstairs." So we continued on talking until, again, we heard the baby upstairs crying. This time both mothers got up and both checked on their kids. The 5 month old was fast asleep but the 3 week old was bought downstairs with us, but he was still fast asleep.

So again, we went back to talking when we heard a baby crying. It wasn't the 5 month old, it wasn't the 3 week old and it was coming from upstairs. We all looked at each other in that 'weirded out' look until someone said it must be the neighbour's baby we can hear. We all laughed and quickly agreed.

On the fourth day, we were all getting into the alcohol and amazingly we all called it an early night, fell asleep around nine/tenish maybe. Our bedroom was upstairs and it was just a bed along the side of the wall to a large open plan dining/lounge room. There are two distinctive marks on the wall like the wall is crying. I did have photos but the phone got wet when I clumsily fell in the river. (Nothing to do with ghost just me not paying attention and no I wasn't drinking that day lol.) I just thought that the wet wall marks was a bad Reno gone wrong.

Anyway fast forward to further on that night. I was fast asleep when I felt my partner tickling my foot. I kept wriggling my foot but somehow he kept tickling it. He has never tickled my foot so I wondered why he was doing it now? It slowly woke me up out of my very sleepy state. I woke up enough to move my body back in the bed so I was further away from my partner tickling my foot. As I moved over I felt a warm body in bed next to me, it was my partner. If he was in bed then who was tickling my foot. I was wide awake now but not able to open my eyes until I thought, "I NEED to see who is tickling my foot."

I open my eyes and look at my foot. There is no one there, not one person there just air yet whatever it is, it was still tickling my foot. I pulled my foot back up to my chest and gasped and as soon as I did that the tickling stopped instantly. I just layed there, darting my eyes all around the room even though I was frozen in fear. I started to think, well maybe my foot had pins and needles but it wasn't pins and needles. It distinctively felt like someone tickling my foot.

The only way to describe the feeling is do you know those round lightening globes that you put your fingers onto and the lightening then zaps your fingertips? I can't remember what they are called but that's what it felt like tickling my foot. It felt very different.

The next day I told the guy who always stays here on his holidays and told everyone else what happened. He believed me and wasn't really that surprised. Previous times he had stayed here, lights have flickered, he gets that "hair on the back of your neck go up feeling" when he goes into the hallway at the front. He really doesn't like that hallway! Once even the car in the driveway flickered its lights on and off even though the keys weren't in the ignition. I believed what he was saying to be true as well.

So I am thinking it was a ghost and even though it was not harmful to me, it still frightened me enough as my first ghost encounter!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Clare_Sita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheParanormal_Cat (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-05-03)
Oh! I know how you feel, trust me. As I'm typing, I'm feeling a slight chill in the air, and there is a ghost that will NOT stop tickling me. He/she is a weirdo, and apparently wants a reaction out of me. 😕
Clare_Sita (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-18)
I have been doing some research and found the news report of a murder in the same street. Maybe this is the ghost?

Http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/apn-woman-dies-after/14418/
Clare_Sita (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Thanks otteer. It was very fresh in my mind so writing about it was very easy. I was scared as a kid about ghosts but now I have had this encounter I have become some what interested in ghosts. Even thought about buying the Ovilus and going back to that rental house! Lol
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-08)
Interesting account, I wonder what the house was used for before, or the area etc. Seems to me whatever was there was looking for a bit of attention, I can understand that you were frightened but I don't think it had ill intentions. Would love to hear more about the history of the house seems quite elegant!

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
First of all, very well written! I was thinking residual haunting all the way until the foot tickle... Most of it could be but it does sound like there is a visitor on the spectral side that visits now and then. How many of us have had a lifelong dread (hatched in childhood) of something "touching" a body part that is exposed outside of the bed covers lol... And when we get spooked we quickly pull that part back under the covers? Lots of us I'm sure... Well your situation would have made me freak out and evacuate the room immediately! Thanks for sharing your story! 😊
Clare_Sita (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Hello Valkricry, believe me I was scared when I realized what was happening. It certainly was being michevious.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-05)
Hi Clare,
It does sound like a michevious ghostie. I think you would have been ok if not for the foot tickling. And to me, you read more annoyed than scared!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: