You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Running Out Of Options

Real Ghost Stories

Running Out Of Options

 

So I came across this site by chance but think I'll give this a shot. If anything it may just make me feel better sharing my experiences.

First of all I'm 21 and I always try to find rational explanations for everything but for somethings I just can't explain. And at this point, even after moving houses strange things still happen.

It's difficult to pinpoint when this all started cause it's been many years. I saw my first exorcism when I was a young child (hiding behind the door). I have seen several since then though and had ones done on me. 

I've had sleep paralysis.

I see dark and light shadows. Sometimes I see light of different colors around things.

 I've heard things whispering in my ear and touching me (pushing/choking) when I'm wide awake.

I can feel if there is a strange presence in a room.

I can smell strange things (which I believe to be a presence) and I have dreams where people appear to me (deceased relatives of a friend) and told me things about his past which turned out to be true.

Now I'm not sure if it's the house or my family, but since my grandmother died she has been appearing to my mother in her sleep with messages as well (usually predictions about the future) which are surprisingly accurate. My mother also believes  that I see/hear/smell/feel what I do as sometimes she can as well.

I am currently concerned about the house I'm in, it's always been a bit "creepy" and I've heard some unpleasant things about the people that lived here before us and what they allegedly did in the house (torture and murder, possible dabbling in the occult) but I can't blame the house alone though because these things have been happening from before. If anything, as bad as this house is, it's still better than our last one. I'm just tired of being able to "feel" this things that most other people can't. 

Am I just going to keep having these experiences my whole life because it's to do with me? Or is this linked to my location which I'm changing again soon?

Other hauntings by Meneiny

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meneiny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Leslie81 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-02)
Seeing the aura could actually be a good thing. Physical and emotional issues are reflected in the aura. So you could be able to give advance warning to friends and family of physical ailments and know when they need cheered up or whatever. Its not just seeing pretty colors. My parents threatened to have an exorcism done on me once because I was actually being myself instead of repressing myself. They even both said they saw it (the spirit they claimed was possessing me). Didn't help they knew I talk to Pagans and love a pagan man (married to a Christian, long story.:/) They insisted he'd done a spell on me and that I was possessed. Lol. Finally got sick of their harrassing me, so began acting more like what they expected. Whatcha know? I'm apparently not possessed anymore. 😆 Mom still says I don't follow God like she thinks I should though. I've heard exorcisms can get quite violent, can last hours and sometimes the person being exorcised is held back or tied down. I didn't want any part of that.
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
Wow! I have been trying to see auras but I don't know anyone to practice with and I can't do it on myself. I have not tried telepathy yet but I am going to. Well to me you sound a very strong sensitive! Well thanks for sharing!
Meneiny (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
[at] badjuujuu: ps they are not a daily thing for me, I know how serious they are and wish I'd never seen a single one but unfortunately for me I had to whitness several.
Meneiny (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
[at] badjuujuu

I saw my first exorcism when I was a child. We were at a monastery and it was being performed on a relative of mine. As I was very young I was told to go outside and play, I wasn't supposed to see anything but I got curious as to why all the adults were in a room and crept up to the door to see what was happening. I saw it from behind the door but no one knew I was there until later.

"Dark magic" is common here and people cast spells that you need a religious figure to break. As one of my relatives had a powerful spell cast on them I have whitnessed their exorcism many times. As you need to go to a religious figure to do this, you find other people there for the same reason so I see some other things as well.

As for me, I have never (thank God) been possssed, but my mother was worried someone might have cast a spell on me so had me visit these religious people who performed a prayer but then told me I was fine and that the things I whitnessed (dark shadows, chocking etc.) is a test of faith.

[at] biolizard187: It started out as a joke, I was reading about auras but was very sceptical. I tried to see if I could actually see anything however (just by focusing) and got scared as I realized I could see different colours around different family members. To be honest it scares me and I try not to notice them anymore.
biolizard987 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-01)
I think it is cool that you can see light of different colors around things. It has a name. I think the name is aura. This is a cool story.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
I'm very confused, and a little worried. Exactly how many exorcisms have you witnessed, and how many have you had? How have you had occasion to just watch exorcisms being performed? Exorcisms are very emotional, frightening, and traumatic, and if you've been exposed to exorcisms since you were very young I can't help but wonder if you're actually experiencing paranormal activity, or are just programmed to expect paranormal activity. Exorcisms are serious, not party games, and your casual attitude about such an intense ritual is a little unsettling, it's as if exorcisms are a daily thing for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: