You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Running Scared

Real Ghost Stories

Running Scared

 

I live in Australia on the East Coast boarder where the beaches are and not far from Sydney. 8 years ago my parents decided to move the 4 of us in our little family to a new estate where they would be building. As we went to inspect land, it was just all farmers land and bush with farm animals in the distance. I felt weird about the area but I just ignored it.

As the house was finally built, I and my sister got to choose our rooms and I got left with the room right at the end of the one story house. Immediately after we moved in, I always felt strange being in my room like I had eyes on the back of me. I told my mother and she said "not to worry your just nervous about the new house you will be fine." I just kept thinking that as a kid. I would lie in bed at night and hear footsteps on the carpet like someone had heavy boots on. I would always be scared and hid under the blankets.

Many years had followed and I basically ignored it through my childhood until about 2 years ago. My whole family was beginning to feel a presence in my house but my dad as he was skeptic. My mum would always tell me how she saw shadows on the wall and things move on their own. My older sister started trying to talk to them and see what they wanted and why they were here. We never got a response that was reliable.

On the Christmas of 2009, my cousin came up from Canberra ACT, for the holidays and she was very interested in the paranormal fields. She stayed in the spare room which no one of my family members would walk into as the room was always freezing cold and had a weird feeling about it. The night after her arrival she told us at breakfast that she was woken up during the night by figure of a man dressed like a farmer staring at her while sleeping. She was nervous and left to sleep on the lounge for the night. We were all terrifying and were happy that we were not going crazy.

A few weeks had passed and everything seemed to be quiet and I felt safe to have my best friend sleep over. Everyone was asleep and we were up in my room watching a movie on quiet, talking. The bathroom is near my room and is tiled so it echoes through the house. We were talking and suddenly we heard 4 crashes coming from the bathroom. Me and my friend looked at each other with fear and decided to inspect. The entire bathroom was trashed and glass was broken. Strangely no one else heard it.

I started getting weird dreams after, like people dying and a little girl living at a homestead in Australian outback telling me that her mum had buried her under a tree out the back. A man digging up my carpet to reveal a body. I was getting scared and to make matters worse I kept seeing a man figure walking up and down my bedroom pacing every night in the dark. It was scary and I tried talking to him to see what he wanted but no answer.

I was getting sleep deprived and feeling stressed. People were calling my name at night and my cat would never go near me. My sister decided to call a medium to the house and see what we were dealing with. I apparently had 3 spirits attached to me and felt safe around me. There was a little girl, and two men. The medium said there was no evil in the house which relived me. Until one night my sister decided to do a séance in the house when no one was home.

After that things started happening more rapid and left me alone but it felt like there was a highway through our hallway starting from my bedroom to the front door. You always heard talking behind your back and footsteps and just gave you the shivers. It is still like this today and we have had multiple mediums investigate but never come with an answer. I can still feel someone over my back this very second as I am writing this. I am starting to see people in the corner of my eyes and my mother says maybe they are coming to me for help but I am unsure and worried about that. It's getting bad that I see a lot of people now and I don't know what to do. I want to help but I don't know where to start. Any tips?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissLee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MissLee (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Thanks guys, we have had a psychic in to cleanse the house and things have settled, only a few bumps in the night. We have also found that there is relatives in the house watching over us. I keep an open mind and try and listen now.
blobafatt (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
Please don't be affraid & keep an open mind as to what may be the cause. I personally don't have these sorts of distressing problems anymore which I believe were the cause of certain whitchcraft my dad got interested in, I will try to post my story soon but at the moment the site is overloaded & can't take anymore in as yet. In the meantime try to keep calm & pray, God loves you.
I also live on the east coast, lovely time of the year.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-30)
I'm trying to figure out whether you're psychic or whether these spirits were already on the land.

It seems to me that you want them gone, so I am going to tell you, because this has worked for me.

Simply say a prayer aloud. Open the front door to your house and say, "You must go now, leave my house."

This should work. Hope I helped.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
MissLee: A very interesting story I feel as though these spirits are attracted to you I think your mum your sister and yourself are a beacon to them, they are perhaps looking for answers. The events you are witnessing is there way of trying to get your attention the dreams you have I bet are extremely vivid and probably hold some truth to them.
You do have the oppurtunity to help them, seeing as you have had contact with mediums already this could be an option to consider!

Would be great if you could answer zzsgranny's question also, as I am from WA and have also been following that story.

Thanks for sharing look forward to hearing from you.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-27)
MissLee: Your story caught my attention, as we have a poster on this site (AussieDaz) who is also from NSW...I'm very interested in whether you are in the area of where Kiesha Abrahams was found?...
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
I think, if you want them to leave go with the approach of standing your ground firmly, and asking them to leave the house. However there is a second approach that may work. You can lay down ground rules and tell the ghosts/spirits that if they expect to stay in your house that they have to follow a certain set of rules, and lay out the rules you want them to follow.

I would, however, warn you that they may react in a violent way or activity may start picking up because they may feel that they are getting pushed off the land (if their attached to the land).

One thing that I have to say about the one dream with the girl, due to it picking at my curiousity, is to see if there is a chance of locating her body. You said something about it being by a tree. Is there a tree on the property that you may be able to dig around to see if something comes up? Because to me it sounds like she wants you to locate her body.

Please keep us posted on if activity continues to pick up or anything like that.

Peace
JustCurious
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Did you get blamed for the bathroom incident? What did your father, the skeptic, have to say about that? I don't know what to suggest other than to seek professional help, which you already have, and no more seances! They are dangerous. Perhaps each time you sense or see a presence tell them very firmly that they are not welcome, that this is your house and to stop bothering you. This approach seems to have helped others on this site.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: