You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: H-E-B Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

H-E-B Ghost

 

Hello everybody, it's been a while since I've been on this site, due to school and stuff, I haven't had the time for internet but I have a story to tell that happened recently over the past few weeks. I was with my mom in the car, we had just picked up a pizza from Little Ceaser's and were heading to H-E-B to buy my little brother a cake, since it was his birthday.

We got off to choose the cake and you know, we were just inspecting all the cakes they had on sale, seeing which one was the cheapest but most appetizing. We finally both came to the choice of the small, rectangular chocolate cake for 8 bucks, had it decorated and all the stuff, and got ready to leave. I, for one, really needed to go visit mother nature, so I decided to use a restroom in the store.

I went into the bathroom, which for some reason was completely deserted and as creepily dark as halloween night, but this was an emergency so I had to be brave. I switched on the lights, did my thing and went to the sink to wash my hands. I turned on the faucet, washed my hands and I'm a girl, so I had to take a checking at myself in the mirror (don't all you girls out there do too?) I looked into it for about a minute and then I could just make out the shape of a person's body just standing a couple of feet away from me. I was paralyzed, I didn't know what to do until the person in the mirror started descending towards me slowly, at that I screamed and ran out of there faster than you can say, "scared to hell!".

This was the first experience that I had that had to do with me actually seeing something out of the normal. What do ya'll think? Do you think that it's me, being too obsessed about these things and then my head creating weird shapes? Did I just imagine this, or is there really the genuine spirit of a deceased person in that restroom? Any suggestions...

Other hauntings by Janice

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Janice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-16)
It's difficult when you think you saw something or someone and are not sure whether you actually saw what you think you saw or not. I know sometimes it hallucinations and sometimes it's not! I was never a ghost believer until I felt and saw one for myself at age 49. That story will be posted on this site in a few days under "Lillie".
tiny-takishi (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
That must have been very frightful for you. I myself have had similar moments in my home or friend's homes. I still like to put a sheet or large towel over my mirror because I see people standing and freak out. Though I've been told a lot it's me not getting enough sleep so I often feel a little crazy until my friend once told me my bedroom terrified him and he saw things that shouldn't be there. Though that might be as I love Victorian era themed items and all my furniture is that way and many have told me a spirit could be holding onto that item. I'm glad you ran though when the 'person' or whatever it was started to come close, often that is a bad sign if the try. I do hope you don't have another experience seeing you seemed quite scared though you could be like me and end up as what friends call a 'paranormal magnet' and learn to live with these things.

Signed-
Takishi
Orbius (1 posts)
+3
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
Theres nothing wrong with you there's something wrong with HEB. Theres a lot of bad energy in their stores. I see lost entities in their stores all the time.
I have heard rumors of certain HEB employees smuggling drugs into the US from Mexico where they have 25 stores. Perhaps that could explain the bad energy and ghosts?
If the energy in HEB overwhelms you to the point you see aggressive, negative entities. I would shop somewhere else. Learn to trust your own senses and learn to understand negative energy situations that can attract ghosts. God bless.
jakester913 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-15)
one question do you live in college station? If so that is wear I used to live and I want to freak out my sis with that!
Francois (220 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear Janice,

Your story scared me there quite a bit, it is said a mirror at times can be a gateway. If there was any place in a house I would not want to step in, it would be the bathroom. The mirror gives some people the creeps. I am divided though about whether you saw a hallucination or an actual ghost. If this be truly a haunting though, I guess the presence was a harmless spirit since it did not attack you. The plotline was nice and your sense of humour brought the story good ratings from many posters. Keep writing, I would love to read more!
Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
ozonalions (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2008-02-09)
Wow. I hear lots of H-E-Bs are haunted.( Wal-Marts too!) This does not involve this story but I live in ozona texas and where did this take place ? Ozona is about 100 mi from san antonio and 80 mi from san angelo. At least you did not see that before you went to the bathroom or there would be some new underware in the picture !lol
Thanks,
Lauren ❤ ❤
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
hiya yeah same happened to me right I went to the toilet then looked in the mirror and then see a boy in the mirror. Looked round there was a ghost boy standing in the bath.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
Hey Peteys_granny, thanks the compliment 😊. Yes, I make sure to bring my education first but I still want to go investigate again, because of Curiosity. Well, me and my best friend were supposed to go on sunday, but she had to go to a party that they informed her of at the last minute, and I didn't want to go alone so we resceduled it, or at least not yet. We both want to see which day we have available. Thanks for the comment, I am very scared easily, yes. I like to investigate and things but I have to be with someone so it will reduce the level of fright. Well, thanks and peace 😉
Peteys_granny (1 stories) (36 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-02)
Hi, Janice. I was happy to read your story and find out that I'm not the only one around here with rabbit in their feet. Talk about being "moved by the spirit"! Moved right on out the door, didn't you? I would have done the exact same thing.

You sound like a determined and diligent young lady, and I think you might have the makings of a good ghosthunter. You're right to focus on your schoolwork. Education will be a valuable resource to you, if you do decide to engage in paranormal investigations as a serious hobby. You just never know when what you've learned in school will come in handy out in the field... Or in a graveyard... Or a haunted house...
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
Hey Kim, yes, at that time I was not at all expecting to see something. It just turned up, I didn't expect it so maybe it was most likely real but then who knows? I'm inclined to believed that it was real because I experienced and I would know, right? Or maybe not. And cupcake, I definitely want to go back and investigate... With some friends, of course. I know I said that I wouldn't get too obsessed in this and stuff but if you're like me, you wouldn't be able to keep any promises you make for yourself. I was so curious and interested in this experience that I called up my best friend and we're supposed to be going tommorow late at night, when it's still open. I'll keep updated on how that goes, well thanks for the comments. ❤ ❤ ❤
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
What the hell? I think it's someone... Go back there with friends and investigate. Ask pwople who work there if they experinced anything.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-01)
i would be inclined to agree with the other comments. You are the only one who knows if what you saw was real. At that time it sounds to me like you were not expecting, anticipating or wanting to see something, so...
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Hey Athena, thanks for the comment. I know, I don't know why I'm so interested in the paranormal, it's so weird. I should be studying for my world geography, biology, spanish ap, ROTC tests instead of trying to find invisible companions that we are not 100% sure are real! I have been going to sleep really late at night lately and the next day in class, my head down on my desk, getting sleep I should have gotten the night before. From now on, I'm going to make sure I don't get too obsessed with this anymore, I'm going to let my education come first. Thanks, I needed this :-) ❤ ❤ ❤
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Hi Janice People who are prone to hallucinate, are aware on some level that they hallucinate. Only you know. If you feel like it was genuine then I'd be inclined to believe it was. Your just so young to have this on your plate too. How are you going to get enough sleep at night, so you can be bright eyed and bushy tailed for school? Did you know that you can say when you are willing to have ghost visitors? You can also say when you are no longer accepting visitors. If you want help with this you can ask folks that do ghost hunting like Paul Roberts.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Hey Everybody, thanks for the comments. Yeah, I do not know what it could've been, I only know that what I saw was quite scary indeed. I mean, come on, I was alone in the bathroom! If I was with someone else, there is less of a chance I would've been that scared. But once again, Shane, your right, I have been wanting to see a ghost and maybe I either made it up with my desperate mind or it is qenuine and it's really there. Well, thanks again everyone, have a great day! Can anyone help me with my algebra homework, lol? J/K J/K
The_Sweetest_Thing (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Maybe your like me and can see ghosts but only through reflections and not straight on. I would be creeped out! 😐
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
Well Janice you wanted to see a ghost. What do you think now that you have? Like I tell everyone. Don't allow your fear to control you and don't allow those on the other side to create fear within you, as they like it when you are frightened as it gives them extra energy on which to feed. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
CenterCore (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-30)
WOW, I can relate only too well... It's been a while for me on this site too, since not a thing has happened for MONTHS now. I think some people have a higher level of consciousness of the supernatural, and sometimes these tastes are acquired, more so than NATURAL...
meg (2 stories) (19 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-29)
I think you always know deep down what you have seen if it was right there. I mean, how often do we have hallucinations. I would go back there, if your game!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: