You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunted Blue House

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Blue House

 

I decided to share another story since it came up to my head. I lived in this blue haunted house from when I was new born baby to when I was about two or three years old, so I wouldn't remember much but my mom told me about it.

My mom was much younger in those days and so was my dad. My sisters weren't born yet and my brother wasn't either. My mom, dad and I lived in a small, old blue house and there my mom would always experience paranormal things. Like once she told me it was early in the morning, my dad had gone to work and I was still asleep, then she heard someone washing dishes in the kitchen! When she got up to check who was in the kitchen, nobody was in there and the dishes were in the sink, dirty and unwashed. Another time my mom was in bed and my aunt came over to the house and knocked, but my mom couldn't get up because someone was pushing the covers tightly around her and my mom thought it was my aunt, so my aunt came in and asked her why she didn't open the door, and my mom told her why. My mom also told me that when I was two I had my own little ghostly friend and that I would talk to someone unseen normally like if I was talking to someone alive.

Also, she would tell me that someone or something would stand at the foot of her bed and pull the covers off her (my dad was at work and I was asleep, so it couldn't be someone my mom knew who lived here). I also remember my mom telling me about the ghosts living in the closet during the day because she would hear the closet door open EVERY SINGLE night at around 10:00pm to start the night's mischievousness. I know a lot of you are looking at this story and probably laughing at me or something but it's true, and I hope that I get comments expressing people's opinions. So please think about it and then tell me your opinions.

your friend,

Janice D

Other hauntings by Janice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Francois (220 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Dear Janice,

The story is not really frightening but rather interesting. Do you remember the outline or the appearance of your ghostly pal? Was there an unsettling event in the house? Do you think your house has a portal? Why did the ghosts leave the dishes unwashed?

I believe your story; it is nothing to laugh about at all. I believe you either had an intelligent haunting or a poltergeist, both ways, something will occur.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Shenny (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hey Janice!
I hope all's well.
I believe you cause I know what it feels like to be pushed down on a bed, don't worry I'll be here to support you!
Don't bother if other people laugh.
As long as YOU know it's true, it's all that matters.

Take care and God bless,
Shenny.
Janice (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
Hey Romeo thanks for the comment, I'm answering late but I don't have internet anymore so I can't really check if I have comments or not, so thanks again
Romeo (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-07)
I believe you my wife went through something similar... We were living in Mcallen, in a new home, I worked nites. Anyway she woke up aroung 630am to get the kids ready for school, all three left around 730 am. She decided to go back to bed, she was lying on her side when she felt someone lay down on the oppsite side of the bed she thought it was me. When she turned around no one was there. She then decided to lay on her back as soon as she did this she felt someone choking her the more she struggled the tighter she felt around her neck she tried to scream but couldn't finally she said after a few min. It stopped she got up and went to the living room. When I got home around 900am she told me what had happened, I keep a 2 liter soda bottle with holy water I went into the bedroom saying a prayer (the our father) I was pouring the water holding the bottome with one arm and pouring the water onto my hands, all of a sudden something pushed the bottle from my arm. I picked it up and continue telling what ever it was " you are not alive go to the light"I poured salt around the house and always had a candle lit. This incident never happened again but sometimes you could a light go across the living rm. And see people crossing in the back yard, each time I would to the back door I never saw no one. So I do really believe you...

Thanks,
Romeo
jenny (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-21)
hey janice, I'm ended up posting up a story about the orbs its called "orbs during sleepover" I would really appreciate it if you could comment it.

thnx,
~jenny~
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
Well, thank you everybody for your comments, Paige: no they never hurt me or my mom, which is very good and fortunate. Jenny: thanks for your comment and yes I can understand your story, maybe you could post it up, and last but not least Centercore: I've read your stories and I love them, and I'm going to post up a new one called, Haunting at Reed Candle Factory, or I think that's what I put, but hey thank you for your comment and I love your stories, you should post up more, to. Everybody, thank you so much for your comments and all of yall should try and post up some stories!! :-) thanks everyone!!
CenterCore (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
Heh, looks like you've got a "Jerry" of your own... That's interesting though. Ghosts can be a little annoying sometimes. Especially when they persist. U should post some more stories if you can.

Peace,
- Core
paige summers (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-16)
this house sounds pretty scary.did any thing ever hurt you in that house?
jenny (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-15)
hey, my friends little sister ryann and my other friend madison did thngs like that. ryann would sit in her room and look at the ceiling and just start talking. my friend and her mom would watch her through the crack of her door then when ryann would see them she would go back to what she was doing. and madison would talk to a old lady named mrs. B and she would say thngs like hi, whats your favorite color, and stuff like that and madison told us that she had blue hair and her fave color was blue. non of them do that nemore, they did when they were like 2 or 3. it was weird but I thnk there house is haunted bcuz won day ryann's mom saw a black shadow at the foot of her bed. theres alot more, to much to say but the most scariest night was when we saw orbs outside her window. theres more to the story but I guess you get the point.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-13)
hey guys thanks so much for the comments, I appreciate it so much. Yall should post up some of those stories on here. well again thanks, bye!!! This account thing is really really cool
Alinah (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-12)
Hey Janice! I do believe you. after that experience and after talking to my sister I was in bed terrofied and I could feel a breeze go over me about ten times and I had my eyes closed tight. I yelled out I believe in you! then a minute later I felt one more big breeze and I whispered now please go away. and I have never experienced since.
Meg (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-12)
Hey Janice,
I believe that happened. Because my old house used to be haunted and once when my mum and dad had a sheet up on their window cause their curtin broke well my dad saw from outside a shadow go from one end to the other as if unclipping the pegs holding up the sheet and the sheet fell down. And my brother when he was little he used to have an imaginary friend for a few years cause we lived in that house for ages and I'm not too sure if it was a ghost friend or imaginary but he used to talk to it all the time and play with it. it had a name but I forgot it.

XxMegxX
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-09)
Hey Veronica, Hey kirtara green, how's it going? both of yall. Thanks for the comments a lot. I do believe your story Veronica, because you already read this story and you can know why I believe you. Well, maybe you can post up that story and you know, share it. Well thank you both agian for the comments, bye bye!!
veronica (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-01-09)
Hey Janice,
My name is veronica and i'm from falfurrias texas.I can relate to your story,it happened to my mother and my uncle. They experienced the bed sheets being pulled off from them at night when they would be sleeping. It usually would happen around 3a.m.. They say that, that is the hour of the demons. How CREEPY!!!! They were constantly fighting with eachother to the point where they would make eachother bleed and hurt eachother badly, so the solution they came up with was to be nicer to eachother and start attending chucrch. They said that after that change and a little prayer in thier bed rooms, they never experienced it again. So do I belive in the paranormal? Yes!!!!!! Happy New Year!!!!
kirtara green (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-09)
i know how you feel because sometimes I see ghost shadows sometimes in my house and I think thats creepy and I saw a haunted hospital before
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-08)
Hey Alex, thanx for your comment, don't you think that you could post that story on this site or have you already? if so, whats the title? well, my story is true and a very common one at that, many people post stories like this one and mine isn't much different. Well, thanx for your comment, really appreciate it.
alex (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-07)
i definately believe you because I lived in a haunted house once and its pretty creepy. it wasn't nearly as bad as the story you told the website. I had a "imaginary friend" to so I thought that was cool that I'm not the only 1. I wanna right about a ghostly experience that I faced in a haunted building once but its hard to find how.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-07)
Hey guys thanks for your comments on both my stories and yeah they should really wash those dishes. I guess they just don't wanna help out and are lazy J/k. well, Courtney, your mom must've beleived ghosts existed after she saw those floating toys, huh? Well, thanks again for the comments, bye Ghostgrrl, bye Courtney!!!
courtney (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-06)
hello janice well your story weird but that shit happen. when my sister and law was young she use to sit in the hillway and play with her toys as well with ghost she would offer the toys to this ghost or what ever it was. her mum didnt beleive that is was a ghost she thought it was her imaginary friend until one day my sister and law give the toys to this thing and as she give it her mum saw it floating.
ghostgrrl (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-06)
Wow you guys have had some scary things happen to you. And those ghost should wash the dishes. Well bye.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-03)
Yup your right, I think that those damn ghosts should really be washing those dishes, instead of faking it and leaving the dishes not touched and as dirty as they were before. Yeah, ha ha ha, they do know how to creep us out, but they don't know how do some chores here and there after the shock they cause us, I think we deserve their help once in a while. Well, anyway thanx so much for the comment. Hope you had a Happy new year.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-03)
Sounds like the spirit(s) from my story crossed over to your place and started washing the dishes. It's just too bad that it is only the sound of dishes being washed and not the actual event. Would save us more time for ghost hunting.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-01-01)
No the ghosts never hurt my mom Ratterrier68, since I forgot to answer that question, sorry.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-01)
Hey guys thanx for the comments, to Ratterier68: no we don't live in that house any more, that was years ago and I think my dad did experience something but I can't recall what, well Autumn: yes they did live in the closet, strange I know, well Ratterier68, I'll read your story, as a matter of fact I'll read it right now, well Autumn I've read many of your stories they are good. Oh yeah I remember my dad told me once that he could hear(when he got up to go to work one morning)people talking and chatting away in the kitchen, althought my mom was asleep and so was I and I don't think I could even talk that well back then, and my dad heard several people. That's strange, I know, but common. I will post comments on stories you wrote guys. Actually I think I posted on some already: if you would like to check. Well thank you so so much for the comments guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Autumn (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-01)
Interesting- at least they didn't seem to do too much harm! I'm certainly not laughing at you. I am amused at the thought that the ghost might "live" in the closet- that just kind of interests me- the fact that the closet would open, and then things would happen.
Ratterrier68 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-01)
Don't worry i'm not laughing at you, I totally beleive everything you said...my mom also had ghostly experiences(You can read that story it's called "little girl that walks the house")
Do you still live in that house and did the ghosts ever hurt your mom..and another question did your dad ever experience any of these things??
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
Thanx for the comment,Keyerra S, and thanx for believeing me because I know what I say. Do you have any stories in here? Maybe I could comment on some of yours.
keyerra S (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2006-12-31)
hello how are you yes I belive you , you I tpo have had my own encounters things in my house that are unexsplained as a child I had a little friend to a ghostly women that has never left my side still to this day so janice I bleve you hun hehe

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: