You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Berry Homer

Real Ghost Stories

Little Berry Homer

 

It was in November in 2012, my sister, Alana had a friend that wanted her to babysit her little sister, Melanie, while she went to a friend's sweet 16. I didn't want to go but I also didn't want to go shopping with my parents either and they forbidden me being home alone, so I decided to stay the night with my sister at her friends house. We arrived there around 2:00-2:30.

Later around 9:45, me and my sister decided to watch movies the rest of the night while Melanie plays and then gets ready for bed. While me and Alana watched tv we heard footsteps running across the upstairs hallway. My sister asked me to walk upstairs and tell Melanie to please stop running and go to bed. But when I walked up there, the little girl was no where to to be seen. At that moment I realized we never sent Melanie upstairs or told her to go to bed. I ran back downstairs and into the play room across the kitchen where I found Melanie playing with crayons and watching tv. I asked her if she was upstairs. She replied no. I ran back into the living room and told my sister that Melanie wasn't even upstairs. My sister just brushed it off and got up to take Melanie upstairs to bed.

Later that night as I fell asleep in the basement watching tv I heard the basement door open. Thinking it was my sister I just went back to sleep. But a couple minutes later I felt my feet being moved up, placing me in a ball position, and I felt someone sit down on the couch I was laying on. Since this was a small couch, I stretched my legs back out for more room. But as I did so, I realized I didn't feel anybody sitting on the couch with me. I quickly jumped up and tried to look for my sister sitting at the end. There was nobody there. I ran back up the steps into the living room and slept up there for the rest of the night.

In the morning I woke up to my sister making breakfast and Melanie pounding on the dining room chairs. I asked my sister if she came down to the basement last night. She said no, she was asleep on the love seat in the living room all night. That left one culprit, Melanie. After lunch, I relaxed in the play room watching the Ice Age with Melanie. Halfway through the movie I heard giggling. I politely asked Melanie if she would stop. She didn't reply. I turned to her to see what she was doing. She was sitting on the same little couch as me sitting still watching the movie. I heard another giggle, and this time I was sure it was not Melanie. I stood up and walked to the door and opened it. I walked into the kitchen and looked out the window looking for any children outside playing and giggling. I closed the door and turned around and stared at Melanie. She looked at me and smiled. I walked over to her and tickled her, thinking she was messing with me. Then I was startled by a knock at the door. My sister walked in, telling me it was time for us to leave. Melanie and I walked out of the play room and into the kitchen where I got my shoes and coat on.

Before we left, my sister asked me if I could turn off the tv and the lights in the play room. I put down my bag of clothes and made my way to the play room. But when I opened to door I found the tv and the lights already shut off. I slowly walked out, wondering if the whole time I was here, I was not alone.

Later that same year my sister had asked her friends mother if she had known of strange things ever happening in the house as well. Apparently I wasn't the only one who heard noises that night. The mother had said that her son son Berry, who was 7 at the time had died one night in his sleep, in that very playroom where me and Melanie played.

Thanks for reading my story

-Caleb

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Caleb_Cadyn477, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

LyssaLynn (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
The subject of the story was completely stolen. Thanks Mama Maya for reporting this to me. This is fake everyone. This user is just a fraud who takes a story, changes around some names, and deletes/adds different details and makes the story sound like a unbelievable fairytale... *thumbs down* smh
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
Probably has something to do with watching a movie and forgeting that you're watching a child and are suposed to put her to bed. Erm, interesting.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
I'm with lady-glow with this one. Something just doesn't sit right. There's a lot of odd gaps, but that could just be lack of writing ability. Like when the OP states he spent the rest of the night sleeping on the living room couch, and doesn't even notice his sister on the love seat? And why were they sleeping on sofas with empty beds to be had?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
This is too cheese!
Where were your sister's friend's parents that night? I find it hard to believe that they would leave Alana in charge of the household knowing that she was invited to a party.
When did your sister's friend come back? By your words I understand that she not only spend the night parting but part of the next day too.
Who would be looking after Melanie when you and your sister left the house? You didn't say if either her older sister (Alana) or her parents were back home.
The giggling you heard could have been one of those dolls that make giggling sounds.

I do not know about this story, but there is something that doesn't make sense. 😕
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
That's some baby sitting you guys were doing. How old was Melanie at the time? I mean kids love pranking adaults like this. But it could be her brother.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: