You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted House On Colonial

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House On Colonial

 

When myself and my wife first started dating, she lived with her parents in a rent house because they were building a house. I have always been a skeptic, and even until this day I am one that has to see it to believe it. My wife would tell me stories of the house they lived in was haunted, well I would be, yeah ok whatever.

They lived in a tri-level house in an old neighborhood in Jonesboro, AR. Her mom often joked and called the ghost "Vic" and would talk about him often. Come to find out, the guy they called "Vic" actually died in the house and my father-in-law actually knew him.

Well, one night, my wife was making us supper and I heard the door to the garage open and shut. Their house was a tri-level, the garage and den were on the bottom floor, kitchen and living room were on the middle floor, and the bedrooms were on the third floor. The kitchen table I was sitting at when the door opened and shut, was sitting at the top of the stairs and I had a clear view of the door going out in the garage. I thought maybe my wife's brother was home from school, so at the time didn't think anything about it. About a minute went by and no one came upstairs. My wife asked me if anyone came in the door. I said, "I don't know" and went downstairs to investigate. No one was in the den and I went out in the garage and it was empty as well. Well, there is no other door other than the garage door and it was shut. It was one of those old garage doors too, that might a gawd awful racket when it opened. I searched the entire house and no one was there besides us. That kind of freaked us out and we told her mom about it. Her mom then told me that it happens often, the door open and shutting but that they would hear "Vic" walking up the stairs and down the hallway. She said they would yell at Vic to be quite, that they were trying to sleep and he would stop.

One night a few weeks later, we were in my wife's bedroom when her VCR came on for about 5 or 6 seconds. Well, her VCR was not plugged in. We got up off her bed and looked to see why it came on. Sure enough, the VCR was not plugged in or hooked up to the TV either.

My father-in-law would also tell us stories as well of the sliding door in the dining room opening and closing, the bathroom faucet in the hallway would come on, and other things that would come up missing. My mother-in-law said that if anyone cussed or yelled, that they lights would flicker. They only lived in that house for 5 or 6 months and then moved in their new house.

That was 15 plus years ago and I often wondered if anyone else had the same experiences like we did in that house.

Other hauntings by HauntedinArkansas

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HauntedinArkansas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JennyB83 (12 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-01)
Great story! Thanks for sharing... Definitely would be creepy... At least they knew the guy tho. Lol
HauntedinArkansas (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
The house was a rent house owned by a real estate lady. So the house probably has frequent renters in it.
HauntedinArkansas (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
Well things happened so much they just got used to it. I believe they said that Vic died of a heart attack I believe. Funny thing is, hey took a hammer they had found in the house and strange things happened every one in a while after they moved. They got rid of the hammer.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
Hi HauntedinArkansas, that was another wonderful narrative you have made. My appreciations. Yes like what Rich73 said Vic was, after all, in the house even after he passed on and he was harmless too. You said that it happened about 15 years ago. But why don't you, if it is possible, ask your wife or her parents or siblings if they had many investigation after they left the house. I mean if they know the occupants subsequent to their vacating the house. If so, kindly post it to us.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
HauntedinArkansas, awesome story. I would have probably freaked out realising no one was downstairs, or even came in the door. Skeptics are usually the main ones ghosts mess with, they tend to want to prove their exsistence here with us.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
I always think it's humorous when people are nonchalant about ghosts in their home, "Oh, that's just Vic. We just tell him to be quiet." Haha. I don't think I could ever get that comfortable. My cousin had an old woman haunting her home (she died there) and it was the same way. My cousin would yell, "If you want to stay here, you need to be quiet!" Once she adopted a baby, they never heard the ghost again.
Rich73 (1 stories) (67 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
It sounds to me like Vic continued to look after the house after he passed on. I'm curious what the circumstances were of his death. I really enjoyed hearing about the lights flickering when someone swore. It seems that Vic was a righteous man who would disapprove of cursing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: