You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Mobile Home

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Mobile Home

 

When me and my wife were first married, we bought a mobile home. I was still going to college and my wife was the only one bringing in a paycheck at the time so we didn't have many options in buying a home.

A few years went by before we noticed anything strange happening. I am a very neat person, my wife tells me I have OCD about being neat. Everything has its place and is neat and organized in my house. I know where just about EVERYTHING is.

Well, we started noticing stuff would come up missing. I would search that dang place over looking for what disappeared. My wife would swear she didn't move it or wasn't just messing with me. Then, whatever was missing, would reappear sometimes a day or two later in the spot that I knew I had left it. This happened quite often and would drive me crazy.

We really didn't think about stuff like that happening until I actually saw a ghost. I woke up one night about 2 or 3 in the morning, sat up in bed, and looked up. I saw an old lady standing at the end of our bed. She didn't disappear at first, I swung at her thinking someone had broke into the house and she disappeared. I looked at her for 2-3 seconds before swinging at her in disbelief really, so I know I wasn't dreaming.

I walked the entire house over, checking all the doors and windows and they were all locked. My wife never woke up and I didn't tell her about seeing the ghost until about 2 years later. My wife would have never been able to sleep without me if I had told her.

We started hearing noises as well. We would be in the bedroom and it would sound like a radio or the TV was on in the living room, only it would be very low and you could just barely hear it. Me and my wife would search the entire house over thinking someone left a radio on somewhere inside but we would find nothing.

We lived at the end of a dead end road and our only neighbor was a woman who went to bed at 8pm every night. I would search outside as well and still nothing.

I worked nights for about 8 years, work 2 on and 2 off. When my wife would go grocery shopping, she would leave the sodas by the front door for me to put up when I got home that morning. Often the sodas would be stacked neatly by our pantry, only I did not do it. My wife would thank me and I would tell her I didn't do it. We joked that the ghost did it.

One day, I got up and was getting ready to go to work. I worked from 7pm to 7 am at that time and would get ready about 5:30pm to go to work. My wife had bought some razor refills for me and I sat them on the edge of the tub and turned the water on. If anyone has ever lived in a mobile home, you know they have big garden tubs and the toilets are on the other side on the bathrooms. I went to get me a drink and came back to check on my bath water. I noticed my razors were sitting in front of the toilet. Well, the toilet is about 8 feet from the edge of the bathtub... I measured it. I started thinking how the heck did they get in front of the toilet. I did my own experiment knocking the razors off of the edge of the tub. The most I could get them was about a foot away from the tub unless I just flung them across the room. Someone or something had to have flung the razors in the 15 or so seconds it took me to go to the kitchen and back.

We built a house and moved out of the mobile home. I didn't tell my wife about seeing the ghost woman until we moved because I knew it would scare her. We rented the mobile home for a couple of years after and sold it. I never did ask my renters if anything ever happened when they lived there. The people we sold the mobile home to sold it and built a house where the mobile home used to sit.

Other hauntings by HauntedinArkansas

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HauntedinArkansas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HauntedinArkansas (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-11)
No problem valkricry, I wasn't offended but waking up and seeing someone at the foot of your bed that isn't supposed to be there, 70 years old or not, will definately scare you.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-29)
HauntedinArkansas,
I agree with you. For all you knew she might have had a weapon of some kind, and she seemed 'earthly' at that moment. Then there is your training to consider -it's almost reflex for you. I'm sorry if my previous comment read as a put down of any kind. I don't think I was truly appreciating all the circumstances of the event at that moment.
HauntedinArkansas (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
70 year old woman can kill you as well as a 17 year old. My line of business I seen it all.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-28)
HauntedinArkansas, I'm sorry, but I'm tripping on the fact that you 'swung' on an old woman. Even if she was committing home invasion. But then, I wasn't there, and can't say positively without doubt that my reaction wouldn't be the same. Old or young someone being where they shouldn't be is freaky and puts you in reaction mode. Once, I walked into my living room to find a man I didn't know, and I said the first thing that popped into my head - "May I help you?" lol Startled the heck out of him and he ran off.
Seriously though, I really enjoyed your story.
HauntedinArkansas (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
The people we bought the mobile home from were the original owners and sold it because of they got a divorce. I have no idea if anyone died on the property before that though, we lived at a dead end road and only had one neighbor who was in everyones business so if anything had happened there, she would have told us. Mischevious stuff like that happened all the time and nothing seemed like it wanted to harm us. Didnt really freak me out until I seen the old woman. I work in law enforcement and seeing a stranger in your house doesn't set well with me. This happening to us made me and a few friends start our own Paranormal group. I enjoy going out and helping others.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
Hello HauntedinArkansas, strange experiences in a mobile home. In our country, there are no mobile homes. So, I don't know how it would be. But as far as experiences are concerned, I think the house was haunted. Things disappearing and re-appearing after a couple of days are definitely activities of ghosts or spirits. Well, I think you did not get hurt and the spirit was not harmful to you or your wife in anyway.

Well Nephylim, I do not think any theory is a leap or far fetched as far as paranormal is concerned. Your comment was an interesting read and I enjoyed it.

HauntedinArkansas, thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
HauntedArkansas, maybe the ghost was trying to tell you to relax, and enjoy the home, instead of being so particular on where things go and such. I know how it is though, I'm the same way about my home, but only add four kids lol. Its a nightmare! She may have just been playing with you, she made your wife smile, how about you as well. Justa thought. Ghosts have a sense of humor. 😊
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
Hi HauntedinArkansas,

Did anyone live in the mobile home before you, or did you and your wife buy it new? The reason I ask is, the ghost seemed to be a bit mischievous/playful, by moving things and taking them so you wouldn't be able to find them (which drives me nuts, especially when I know I put it there 😆) but also seemed to be helpful, i.e. Stacking the sodas in front of the pantry. It's just a theory, but perhaps the ghost mistook you placing the razor blades on the edge of the bath as a sign of (my apologies for this) a suicide attempt and moved them away from the bath to stop you.
If someone lived there before you, maybe they met their end in that way?
It's a pretty crackpot theory and a bit of a leap, I know, but stranger things on Earth than in Heaven and Hell and all that.

Look forward to your response

Nephylim
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
HauntedinArkansas - I love haunted mobile home stories 😆 I have had my share of them over the years, some of them are on here, and I'm convinced when they build them, they "blow" the ghosts in with the insulation 😉. Seriously, there is something about mobile homes that just, I don't know... Enhance maybe... The energy of ghosts. I'm still working on this theory LOL.

I truly enjoyed your story. Thank you for sharing it. And, by the way, unless your renters were completely closed off to the paranormal world, or were in complete denial (and had no children or animals), I think they experienced things too. I don't know how they couldn't have 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: