You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Can A Ghost Jump On You?

Real Ghost Stories

Can A Ghost Jump On You?

 

This past week I have been feeling like there is someone right behind me all the time. Mostly when I am in the kitchen with my back turned from the doorway. At times, I have been getting glimpses of movement in my peripheral vision.

My boyfriend and I moved in not too long ago with a couple guys we have known for a while. Johnny has told me him and another girl that used to live here used to experience unexplained occurrences many times. I am open to any energy forms being a reiki practitioner. I truly believe in the afterlife and the spiritual realms. With that being said, I have tried to debunk a few things that has happened, some haven't been explained.

So, with the different experiences I have accepted that there probably is something here. I have learned that it's probably an earthbound spirit and may just be "passing through". However, this particular experience has me seeking even more questions, but I am definitely going to proceed with extreme caution.

This is what I experienced today. I woke early with my boyfriend, seen him off to work, and started housework. I came back upstairs to straighten up, and while waiting for the washing machine to finish, I turned on the TV and lay down. I had the History Channel on, I was soon dozing on and off, checking time as I done so. I was startled awake by hearing the front door open and someone run up the stairs. Praying it was someone that just forgot something I listened, I never heard my bedroom door open, but I felt this unmistakable feeling of someone just jumped, not on me, but the bone chilling feeling of total dread, and this cold like ice in your veins. I have only felt this a few other times and it has freaked me a bit then too.

I was shaking for quite a bit after. This only encourages me to seek more answers. I think starting a journal on this may help too.

Perhaps someone may have some input on this matter. I am planning a house cleansing, as well as a personal cleansing tomorrow.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dawn1221h, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
dawn1221h
There is a poster on here by the name of Rookdygin has an excellent house cleansing method on his home page that you may want to try. If it doesn't work the first time give it about 2 days and try it again.

Miracles
I know that I should keep a journal but too often things like pens go missing. I will put pens I like in a drawer only I am supposed to go in to and they won't be there when I want them but I will find them on the table a day or two later. 😆
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Sometimes I would have wonder who is in my bed which I live with parent and my own bedroom I use to have a cat but sadly she passed away sometimes either is her or something eles that jump in my bed I just looking at the foot of the bed to see but nothing there... So Maybe you can look up the history on the place where you live or the ground before the building... Yeah sometimes creepy or strange to be in bed beside with a life person...
bm77136 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
I too practice reiki and I understand the feeling of susceptibility to different energies. I make an effort to smudge/cleanse myself after experiencing any sort of uncomfortable/negative energy, whether it is an argument with a friend or a feeling of being "watched." This practice has brought me peace of mind, so I encourage you to continue to perform cleansings!
CheekyLizzy (3 stories) (7 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
My friend, not long ago, told me about what used to happen with her step-farther.
Every night he would feel something sit on his lap whilst he was sleeping in his bed. He would also say, ''who ever you are, please get off me, and please leave me alone to sleep!'
Still, every night he would wake to someone or something sitting on him, he also described the fear he felt, it was like no feeling he had ever had before. (Just like you described in your story)
Until one night he decided he had enough, and so he put a chair in his room, opposite him bed. It worked, he would no longer have a sensation of something sitting on him in the middle of the night.

A couple of days later, his sons would have a shortage of chairs, but they fount an extra chair in their dads room and used that. That's when he started feeling the sensation of something sitting on him again.

I think its really weird what my friend and you feel.
dawn1221h (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Hello, I just got an email for my stories link, so this is the first time I seen the comments. Yes, too many expereinces has happened since. I did do a cleansing, & but may wait until the full moon to do another. That is freaky to feel someone lay next to you, hahah I once thought my cat was sleeping with me, until I woke when he did jump on the bed with me. I thought, if you just jumped up here, then what the hell is beside me. Me and him ran outta the room, & I slept on the sofa that nite. I believe we can all learn from these expereinces, when they don't freak the heck out of us. We may live better learning from the other side.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
dawn1221h - it's been a couple of weeks since you submitted your story. I was wondering if things are better since you did the cleansings.

Also, I definitely agree with you on the journal. I keep one and think it is the best thing I've ever done. I also recommend it to many people, some who take my advice and some who don't (won't mention any names, cause you know who you are 😉)

I've felt someone lay beside me a couple of different times. Once when I was very sick. I think the ghost we were living with at the time was just checking up on me.

Please update us, if you don't mind 😊 I'm curious about your "housemate".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: