You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Jump The Fence

Real Ghost Stories

Jump The Fence

 

On the ground floor of my house there are four rooms, including the hallway. My hallway and kitchen connect to each other and when you look down the hallway from the front door, you can see the back window of the kitchen. Then there is the dining room and living room that connect to the left side of the hallway.

Now that you know the layout of the ground floor, let me begin with the story:

It was a regular evening in my house, my cousin and his fiancée were staying in our house while they were visiting London (They lived in New Zealand). Myself, my mother, father, cousin, and his fiancée were all eating dinner in the living room at around 8:30pm. It was pitch black outside at this time.

I was the first one to finish my dinner, so I decided to take my plate and cutlery out of the room and place them on the kitchen bench next to the sink. Everything seemed fine as I edged closer and closer to the bench, but when I placed my plate and cutlery down I froze. I saw something outside the window. It moved extremely fast from the left to the right and was gone in a second or two. It almost appeared to be gliding because it wasn't moving up and down. If you blinked you'd miss it. If my memory is correct it was a humanoid figure and was completely white, but looked to be wearing clothing. I couldn't see a face, just the shape of the thing.

But this is where the story gets a bit freaky. Our garden fence is made of a sturdy wood, quite tall, about 6 foot maybe. There's also a gate of the same height and material that was locked at the time, and the only way to open it would have been to break it.

When the white figure zoomed from the left side of the garden to the right, it disappeared. It went right through the fence that was closest to the window and vanished. It would have been difficult to climb the fence, but still possible. However this would have taken a bit more time than a maximum of a few seconds.

Anyway, I was frozen solid in fear and my only reaction was to run back to the living room to tell everyone what just happened. Instinctively, my cousin ran outside to check that the figure was still on our property, but it wasn't.

Six years later and I still have no idea what the hell that thing was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EmmetGetALife, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
I'm guessing it didn't make any noise or you would've said... I once saw a white light move really fast across a couple of metres in the dark, and it made a loud bang as it vanished. It also startled the two horses next to me, so I know I didn't imagine it. Curiouser and curiouser.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
Hi Emmet
Guess this will be one of life's little unanswered mysteries. Something simular happened to a farmer here. He is a...well was a honest God fearing respectable dairy farmer he also grew potatoes for a famous chip company. He was out in the paddock shifting irrigation pipes one hot summer morning about 0200hrs. He saw a fast bright white lite creature flash through the plants disappearing in the dam. He was sober and it was not the defence guys experiments. Cheers J
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-25)
The possibility of the spirit being behind me while I do the dishes or whatever for that matter would make me pee in my pants: (
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
Hi EmmetGetALife, you say it was pitch black outside, and you were inside looking out? Your curtains / blinds must have been open for you to see out, so your view must have been distorted somewhat from the reflection of the light inside the house. When I stand doing dished at night, all I can see through the window in front of me is my own face (never nice😉)

Could you have been seeing a family member inside either moving around or even playing a prank? Or could you have mistaken something outside because your view was limited?

Or thirdly, could the spirit outside have actually been behind you all along? 😨 😜

I enjoyed your experience, thanks for posting
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Emmet: is there a chance that your neighbors were playing outside trowing a ball wrapped on a white cloth? 😜
You say it was dark outside and other than the layout of your house your story does not provide any details about the outdoor conditions, like weather, proximity to a road, neighbors, etc. Whit so little information is hard to decide what could you had seen.

But I have to admit it, you are a responsible young man for taking your dishes to the sink after using them. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: