You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lillie

Real Ghost Stories

Lillie

 

A few years ago we had just moved in to our new house. Shortly after my older daughter was telling me, my wife and our younger daughter she felt a presence of a spirit in her room that seemed friendly and she thought it was a young girl. She thought her name was 'Lillie'. She said she had seen her once and she seemed to be wearing a brown gown with some type of print on the fabric and that she had short curly blond hair. It reminded her of the costumes worn on the show "Little House On The Prairie."

Many odd happenings went on for a few months. I was never a believer in ghosts, but I was always intrigued by ghost stories. Then one night as I was saying goodnight to my daughters in their own rooms, my older daughter asked me to lay in her bed with her so she could tell me about her day. I thought she was stalling to go to sleep. I was laying on the edge of the bed and draped the blanket lightly over my legs, hardly covering them. A few minutes later I felt a small hand on my right calf grab the blanket and give it a light tug. I instantly thought it was my other daughter being playful. I also thought the hand I felt seemed too small to my younger daughter's hand. I looked over my shoulder but did not move. A few seconds later I felt the hand again, only this time firmer and the blanket was pulled even harder. It got my attention. I got off the bed thinking my younger daughter was doing this. When I got off the bed I realized she was not in the room and was very confused. My daughter asked me "what was wrong?" I explained what I had just experienced. Then my daughter told me that was Lillie being playful with me because I did not believe she existed.

I remembered once on the way to drop my older daughter at school I had made fun of her about Lillie, and she became very upset with me. She had never reacted with me like that before and I felt badly that I had hurt her feelings. I apologized but she was not too happy with me. When I got home from dropping her off at school I went upstairs to check on my emails. As I started logging in I heard what seemed like two little girls whispering and giggling. At first I thought it was a radio left on somewhere in the house, but when I checked I found nothing that could have created that sound. I shrugged it off and went back to my computer. Again I heard the whispering and giggling, but for some odd reason I knew the little girls were whispering about me. As I got up to try and find the source, I noticed it was coming from my older daughter's bedroom. Then it stopped when I opened her door.

So one Saturday, as I was alone in the house walking towards the front door, I saw her at the top of the stairs looking down at me. She looked just like my daughter had described her. I saw her for about second that when I did a double take, she was gone. I am a believer now!

Other hauntings by josephgogi

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, josephgogi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
I meant to say I was sitting on the sofa and my daughter's brush and comb were on top of the coffee table in front of me.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-31)
Another episode. I was sitting in the sofa and my daughter's sofa and comb were omn top of the coffee table in front of me. She had gone to bed and had asked me if I could take them up to her room later. I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up about 3 in the morning. I saw the brush still on the table but not the comb. So I looked everywhere for it, on the floor, between the cushios, and under the sofa. Not in sight and not sure what happened to it. Went to bed woke about 6 am and went to the family room and the comb was on top of the cushion I was sitting on earlier. There is no way I would have missed it there. I even asked my wife if she had put it there and she had no idea what I was talking about. Neither my daughter or wife had actually gotten up before me. I felt like this entity was messing with me.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-24)
An odd experience recently. On a Sunday morning we were leaving the house to go have breakfast. My daughter waited outside while my wife and I were grabbing our keys and sweaters. As I was reaching for my new baseball cap, I decided to use an older worn out cap because I was going to be helping my father-in-law with some work and did not want to dirty the new cap. I never touched the new cap as it lay on the kitchen counter. When we returned my wife and I walked through the kitchen and she noticed a box of oatmeal packs was thrown on the floor. She exclaimed 'Who did that?" I said maybe it was already on the floor but we just overlooked it. The box was on the floor about five feet from the pantry shelf where she said she had put it the night before. Some of the oatmeal packs were further past the box, and one pack was at the bottom of floor by the shelf. As though someone has swiped it hard off the shelf and into the floor. If the box for some reason had fallen off the shelf it would not have been that far from the shelf. Right away, I thought, no big deal, but as I was rounding the kitchen counter my new cap was on the floor too! I knew I had not even touched it and left it on the counter since the previous Friday night when I had last used it. It sat there all day Saturday. Then the oatmeal box on the floor grabbed my attention. Had something knocked them both off the counter and shelf. My wife and I were the last one to exit the house when we last left. I cannot explain this happening.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-04)
Even though in the beginning I did not believe in ghosts I always believed her story. She is not the type of person that would make up something like that. When I saw Lillie, a few days later I had asked her to describe Lillie to me again. She started to then stopped in mid-sentence and her expression change to amazement and said "You saw her!" We all believe but my wife does not like to talk about it and prefers we don't share our experiences. For personal and private reasons. I see her point, but I would never try and convince anyone that ghosts exists.
Piedpiper (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-30)
Aw! I don't think you need to be afraid of Lillie, I think she just wants attention. And maybe you should tell your daughter that you saw her and that you believe her.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
Nothing has happened lately. I have not seen the shadows either. Hopefully whatever that was, has left. The footsteps I have not heard for a while. That was very creepy since those have been heard by myself, wife, two daughters and several of their friends. It was not the house shifting. I know the difference. I hope not to have anything else to report, but if things start to stir up again I will post it here.
mylittlerabbits (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-22)
Hi Joseph

The part about the little kids giggling reminds me of that one time I heard a little boy giggling at my brother's house. I heard him a few times and mention it to my dad once. He told me we had a little brother before I was born but he didn't make it. My older sister and 2 older brothers did not know about him since they were too young to remember. I'm guessing they did not remember because he was a stillborn and my parents never told them.

Anything happened at your current place now?
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Prior to moving to our current house, we were staying at a small wooden frame house. We all experienced odd sightings. Even my wife, but she did not mentioned it to me until we had already moved out. My german shepard 'Duke' also experienced something. On two occassions he was growling at the upper corner of the kitchen, even though there was nothing there. Even when I stood between him and the location he was focused on, to get a bearing on what it could be he still was showing his fangs, then a few seconds later he stopped. This happened twice. He also would not cross through the Jack-and-Jill restroom. We all witnessed this. I called him once and he came running and then stopped immediately and started looking over the restroom top to bottom with a sheepish look. Which was odd because I have never seen Duke afraid of anything. He is a typical well obediant, courageous, guard dog, shepard. Even when I tried to get him to cross the bathroom to show other friends he would not cross, he would run around through the kitchen. Strange happenings.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
You gotta feel sorry for the kids that are stuck here, don't you? Rooks cleansing method works well. I clean houses and have started doing his cleansing method while cleaning in all of them. People have commented either they feel "sooo good lately!" or they have a noticeable attitude change. It isn't the power of suggestion either, because they don't know it's happening. I use sandalwood because not everybody likes sage. Anyway.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
Once when I was alone I did ask Lillie it was time for her to leave and she seems to be gone. We have not experienced any of her presence. The dark shadow I once saw the shadow in my bedroom when I suddenly woke up at 3 am for no apparent reason. The room was dark, but the shadow was even darker and solid. It was towards the foot of the bed on my wife's side then it went towards the head of the bed and through the wall very fast. I have asked this presence to leave as well, but I have seen it several times since. My wife and I have talked about having the house blessed, even though we are about to sell it to downsize, not because of anything I just mentioned. It is big and my older daughter went to college out of the area and my sister-in-law once lived with us and has since moved out. Our house we had built and is only four years old. My wife does not like to discuss these sightings. Just last week as I was on my laptop and I thought I saw the figure of a little boy run across the family room. What was weird was that I heard the footsteps run across the carpet first and at the same time I saw the figure over the top edge of the laptop. I had heard the footsteps twice before but did not react because I thought it was our little dog, but when I heard him barking outside I realize it was not him making the running footsteps sound like he normally does when he is inside. Very strange.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
As suggested by nima it would be great to try to help Lillie cross over. It seems she is not just a residual haunting. I would do a house cleansing/blessing as well because it seems like the activity is starting to interfere negatively with your younger daughter. Your older daughter may attract that sort of energy. After all, Lillie was hanging out in your older daughter's bedroom.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
forgot to mentioned, my younger daughter is constantly seeing the shadows too and she gets very upset when she talks about it.
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
I live in the northwestern part of San Antonio. This area had many settlers at one time. Do not know any particulars about the area. I will say that even though we have not been experiencing Lillie anymore, I have started to see dark shadows. I typically see them from the corner of my eye, except for one time I actually saw it clearly. I tried to replicate what could have caused the shadow but was not able to. The shadows are not hallucinations, trust me.
Narella (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
She sounds like a sweet little spirit. The description of the dress sounds like it could come from several different eras. Lillie could be from a fairly recent time. Do you know anything about the history of your home?
nima (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
I guess lillie isn't there to harm anyone but then again it's sad to know that this little girl is trapped in our world, I guess it would really be nice if you could help her crossover to the other side, she will be in a better place and will be a lot happier.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: