You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Know Something's There

Real Ghost Stories

I Know Something's There

 

First of all this is my first story on this site! Oh and I'm a Muslim as well.

It was around 3 in the morning. I was half asleep when I heard weeping, I saw my sister on the other side of the bed pointing towards my side of the bed. I asked what was wrong. She cried that there was someone standing there. Just like I said, I was asleep, so I tried to take a better look. And it was dark. Even the electricity was out!

I saw a dark figure standing beside me, but I didn't cry or weep or do anything. I was still trying to focus on what was there. Before I could see clearly my sister began to scream. She started screaming that he's coming for me! I asked her who is coming but she just kept repeating those horrifying words. Even though my sister is a lot older than me... But still she's a bit different from me. She's a bit scared kind of person. So as I was saying I quickly ran to get my mum while my sister was still lying in the bed weeping!

When my Mum finally came I told her what happened. My Mom is very religious and all so she didn't care cause she knew all about ghosts and stuff. So she calmed my sister down and then I started to explain everything to her. When she heard the story she told my sister to go to sleep. My sister refused but my mum forcefully made her sleep.

I lay in bed thinking about that figure... I didn't want to believe my sister at first but unfortunately I had to! I know there was something there, but I don't know what it wanted from us.

Please comment! Thanks.

Other hauntings by anonymoushorror

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anonymoushorror, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
val - I second what you said, and I also think the 3 am thing has to do with that is when most of us are in our deep stage in our sleep too. Our souls are well off traveling and doing all sorts of cool things lol and running into some trouble at times 😳
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
Scaryusernumber11, just a thought. It could have been a spirit passing through, maybe a deceased family member checking in. Your sister like many of us had the reaction to seeing a dark figure in the room. Or it could have been a simple spirit just walking through getting kicks out of scaring someone young and vulnerable. They sense those emotions and vibrations in people. May I ask a question please? Has this happened since?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I think the phrase, "My sister is not like me", especially how the op phrases it, is a nice way to say my sister has special needs. My oldest son used to say that about his brother a lot to explain his different behavior. Also explains why sister could see it so well. But we don't know because...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
HoppingCorpse - I know exactly what you mean. I was one of those kiddos 😐
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
Miracles51031 - That is what scares me as a potential parent - the kiddo coming and complaining about ghosts, me telling them that it was a bad dream and decades later the kiddo coming to me and telling - you know ma, it was real.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
sds, the 3 AM stuff... I really think the only credence that time as a 'witching' or 'devil's hour' is most (note I say most) people are at their lowest resistance mentally at that time, so it is easier for spirits and such to make themselves known. Basically, their just more 'open' to it. Also add in the factor of a lot less distractions. But, real evil is not on a time table of any sort.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
HoppingCorpse - as a parent, we/I make many mistakes. Even knowing there is a world other than one that most of us can see, there are still so many mistakes I make. Sometimes the hardest thing is knowing when a child is using "fear" as an excuse.
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Miracles51031 - Thank you for the explanation. I am yet to learn the pleasures of parenting and so far am exercising my imagination. You do sound convincing. Still, poor girl, made to sleep after a harrowing experience. 😢
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
HoppingCorpse - unless the o/p changes his/her mind and decides to participate in the conversation, we can only speculate on what was meant by "forcefully".

Since the o/p is a teen, I took it as a poor choice of words. I know, as a mom, there have been times I have told my kids to "lay down and go to sleep" in no uncertain terms. And let me tell you, there were many times those words came out very forcefully. And I will also say that when there are children who are unwilling to go to sleep, sometimes holding their shoulders to make them lay down and stay in bed would come across as "forcefully". I know this is going to come across as my kids were/are perfect (heaven forbid because they aren't), but I didn't have to do that with mine. I do know that there are parents who have, and do, physically hold their child in bed because the child doesn't want to go to sleep.

Chloroform and a 2x4? I don't think that is what was meant here; however, I've been known to be wrong before 😉
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
+6
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
There is something not so supernatural that bugs me. Namely - how do you forcefully make someone sleep? Do you stuff sleeping pills down the unwilling victims' throat, use chloroform or knock them out with a two-by-four?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Hi scaryusernumber111, I agree with Val. We have questions to ask you. I think this happened only once. Secondly, if there is anything, you should have asked your mother. You said that she is quite well-versed in paranormal. The information you have given is quite limited and I find it difficult to comment about it. I agree with Val because before turning into paranormal, we will first try to protect as if some intruder has come into the house.

Val, again the 3 a.m. Stuff comes into play in this, which I generally don't agree with as a witch hour.

Regards and respects to you both.

SDS
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
scaryusernumber111,
Awww shucks - I see you marked you would read the comments but not participate in the discussion. I find that a bit sad, because obviously we have questions and only you have the answers.
Crying out when you see a figure in your room that shouldn't be there is normal, I think. Personally, my mind leaps to 'intruder' long before it ever gets to ghost. And if that figure was advancing on me? I would raise as big a racket as humanly possible in hopes someone would hear and come to my aid.
nima (1 stories) (10 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
My friend you need to be a little more descriptive, I think it would be nice if you could fill in details more properly, because right now its like reading a summary of a certain scene from a very recent horror flick, don't be offended am just saying that you need to be more specific about your story, like your emotions, sister's reactions, maybe a little background about your mom and her religious belief, what did you mean by your sister is different than you?... So I hope you get the picture, that's the kind of stuff am talking about.
[at] newviewlife - you pointed out a very vital point, what happened when he went to call mom?
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
scaryusernumber111 - Hard to say in my opinion just from what you've provided here. I can say that most people, would react with some level of fear seeing a dark figure in the their room, and having it advance on them. Some would likely shoot first and ask questions later. When I saw my first ghosts I was around 10 years old, and it happened in my room in a similar fashion. It made me freeze completely, and I couldn't make a sound for what felt like forever. What did your sister say happened when you left the room? Did she describe what it looked like in any more detail? Did she say in what fashion it appeared, and how it left?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: