You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Voice From Upstairs

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice From Upstairs

 

My wife, daughter and I were getting ready to leave our house this past Sunday. I was at the backdoor feeding the dogs when I saw my daugther walk out the front door. When I was done with the dogs I came inside and started to put the dog food away. I thought I had seen someone upstairs as I was walking towards the kitchen but I just ignored it because I thought it was just my imagination. I was at the foot of the stairs when I heard footsteps upstairs. I thought maybe it was my daughter after all. But what was odd is that there was no way she would have gone upstairs without me seeing her.

I put the dog food in the garage through the inside door and then walked back to the kitchen and grabbed my keys. As I was headed out my wife was walking out of the bedroom. Assuming my daughter was upstairs, my wife asked her loudly if she was ready. At this exact moment I was at the front door holding the doorknob getting ready to walk out but I waited when my wife spoke because I was still not sure if my daughter was upstairs or not. I wanted to see if my daughter would respond and I then would have my answer. Well, we both heard her say "Yes" in a very low tone voice come from upstairs. And my wife acknowledge by saying "okay." So I shrugged my shoulders and walked outside, and sitting out front was my daughter reading her book. I was surprised to see her there and I asked her if she heard her mom ask if she was ready. She gave me a confused look and said "No, I've been here reading." So I went back inside and asked my wife, just to be sure, did Suzy (not her real name) answer you when you asked if she was ready? My wife said "Yes, she told me 'yes'." Which is what I heard too. I told my wife that our daughter had been outside the whole time by the flower bed, and there was no way she could have heard her. I also explained what I had thought I seen and heard earlier. My wife's eyes got big and we both got goose-bumps. We cannot explain this.

Later that day when we got back, with our daughter and her best friend, my daughter said they were walking inside and right before she opened the front door she heard a growl right in front of her face. And her best friend stated she heard it too. I tried to explain it away but I don't think I was too convincing. There is a history that goes with this story and it is tied to my other story I submitted under the title "Lillie." I welcome any thought or ideas, but please read "Lillie" first before commenting.

Other hauntings by josephgogi

 

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, josephgogi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
MandyyNicole--Nothing strange has happened lately. I am glad to report.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-09)
How strange. Has anything else happened lately? Hopefully all is well!
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
MandyyNicole-I forgot to mention, about a month ago, while my wife was teleworking from home she experienced the following: She went to the computer room to retrieve some prints from our printer. I have a shelf that has several Marvel action figures at the very top. She had her back turned while she was printing. When she turned around to leave in the middle of the carpet floor was the one of the action figures on the floor with both feet broken off. It was not there when she walked in. Yet she never heard it fall. What is also odd is that I cannot figure how the feet broke off because of the figure is made of a hard plastic, and one leg was broken above the ankle area. The fact that the floor is carpet and not a high drop I cannot see how the figure broke. Both broken pieces landed exactly about 3 ft away and two feet apart. They seemed placed there more than randomly landing like they did. My wife got spooked and sent me a pic of the figure on the floor. Will try to download later. I cannot explained this at all.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
I'm thinking more along the lines of a poltergeist... Your daughter IS at the right age for those types of occurrences too (from what I've gathered of poltergeists anyway).
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
MarziPan-I would prefer not to experience anything paranormal. I have heard about the salt.
Sheetal-We had the house built, but I think the "things" we experienced at the other home followed us.
Notjustme-nothing else has happened lately, but we definitely do not have Ouija boards in the house. My daughter is 14 and she and her friends do not care much for 'spooky' stuff. Her friend that heard the growl is the only one that experienced that-but knows nothing else of other events. Nor do any of her other friends. We typically do not discuss it with anyone outside the family, if we discuss it at all.
To all-I do not think it is demon (s). I think the growl could have been anything not paranormal because it happened outside where a lot of noises can fool you.
Darkness-It is definitely not Lillie. I do think there is another entity (ies) in the house, but I do not think it is malenovent, more mischievous.
Thank you all for your comments.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
josephgogi: I have just read your other accounts before posting, to me whatever is residing there seems to be messing with you a bit, it could be possible that there is something else residing within the home besides Lillie. Either way I think it is a bit early to assume this thing is a demon just from hearing a growl, I would make that assumption if you were experiencing a lot more malevolent occurences perhaps but not now.

Perhaps talking out loud and clearly stating your intentions to this spirit/spirits is worth a shot, give it some ground rules. Once you have done this take note of the changes, from there you will no what needs to be done, please keep us updated. All the best.:)

Dan
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Demons again? Oy vey. But really I don't know that much about it, it could be demons. Either way, Rooks cleansing works wonders. And it's generic, you can use it however your belief system works. But like the other folks commenting, I wonder why this keeps happening to you guys. Thankyou for keeping us updated.
mylittlerabbits (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
Do you think Lillie is back or do you think it's a completely different entity?

MarziPan: Salt works? Sage did not work for me so let me try salt.
Ronnie (3 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
OK...the thing that concerns me the most is the growl. Growlings are mainly caused by demons. Now remember... Demons are really dangerous and also very smart. At first... They search for a host and then uses that host to cause pain to others. Getting rid of demons are really hard, because if the cleansing is somehow not successful then the haunting become more violent. Think carefully before taking any necessary steps. I recommend to consult an expert immediately. Always keep an eye on your daughter's daily behaviour, because demons mainly target children.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
no questions asked. Cleanse the house! Things that take shape of people and talks and growls can't be a good thing 😕. Has anything else been happening lately? Is your daughter a teen? Could her and her friends have done anything to attract this? Like ouiji boards, and such? Or you and your wife? Thank you for sharing.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
Did you tried to find out the history of your house? I think this may helpful to you...
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
I can only imagine that it must be the girl you saw playing games with you.

MarziPan is right: Do some sort of cleansing if you want it gone. Sometimes, though, living with an entity is not as scary as it sounds when you tell someone else about it.
MarziPan (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-21)
This is pretty scary. Have you, your wife, or daughter seen or heard anything more? Do you mind the spirit there? If you mind it being there, try cleansing your house with sage and/or bless some salt and sprinkle it by all of your doors and windows. If you don't mind the spirit being there, let it be and maybe it'll go away. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: