You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Electronic Historian

Real Ghost Stories

Electronic Historian

 

This happened a few days ago. My friend was sleeping over. We both had an IPad. I put mine down to stretch. Suddenly Siri turned on. I have no idea how this happened when my friend was on my window seat and I was on my bed. My IPad was on my hard dresser, so it couldn't have moved. So when Siri turned on, she said, "Searching the web for Charles Whitworth". My friend and I were horrified. We looked at the screen in disbelief.

Then, about five minutes later, my water bottle went flying off a shelf. My shelf is flat and very sturdy, and nobody pushed it off. Then my fish and hermit crabs all cowered in a corner of their tanks. I could feel a tension in the room. Then my dog's toy bone fell of the bed, which confused me when the toy was in the middle of the bed.

Now, for the past few days, I still feel the tension. Also, my dog has been barking and growling at thin air like crazy. This is a problem because she never barks or growls. Hopefully this stops soon.

In the meantime, I read about him more. Charles was the eldest of three sons and four daughters of Sir Charles Whitworth, his father. He was very important in the army. He died without issue at Knole on May 13, 1825. I have believed in the paranormal, and I know that something is there in my home.

Now I am searching websites trying to find out how I can communicate with him. If I can figure out how to do that, maybe I can find out if he's there, why he's there, and hopefully learn how to make him go away. I just want the tension to go away and for my pets to be ok.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wolflover123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
I wonder why Charles Whitworth would haunt a place in New York when he passed and lived in England, and as far as I've found never even visited the 'colonies'. That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't a Charles Whitworth, just not the famous one perhaps. You might try researching past residents of the house and see if that name or something similar crops up.
What do your parents make of all this? If approachable on the topic of the paranormal, you might ask them if the house could be blessed or a cleansing done.
Ouijas-rule44134 (3 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
OMG that is so creepy! I guess Charles Whitworth died in the house. 😭
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-07)
mamachong--siri is an app that you can download or is already installed on your smartphone. When you open the app, you can speak into it and ask questions, i.e. Where is, how can, what is, who is and "she" comes up with an answer. Don't have a clue about marrabells.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
What is a siri? And I have the same question as marrabells, how do you know it is Charles Whitworth haunting you?

There is a poster here that goes by rookdgin. He has a non religious cleansing and shield you could do. Look up his profile and you will see his cleansing he does.
Marrabells (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-04)
That was really creepy. Well I hope everything will be normal again. I was just wondering about the history of your house and would it be really possible that Charles Whitworth was the ghost/poltergeist. What seems to be his connection to your house...? Really weird. I hope you'll find out about this soon. I feel sorry for your pet.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: