You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Electronics Problem Or Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Electronics Problem Or Ghost

 

We've lived in our one family house for a little over 5 years. The house was built in the 1970's.

About 4 months ago, I found my 16 year-old daughter sleeping on the couch one morning. When she woke up, I asked her why she wasn't in her room. She said she woke up during the night to find her TV on even though she thought she had turned it off. She decided she might have rolled on the remote and shut the TV off. She woke a little later to find it on again but this time the channels were changing automatically. She turned it off again and left the room.

This happened a few times over the next couple of weeks. I looked it up on line and found that the infrared button in the TV can go bad and cause this type of problem. I have since bought her a new TV. It worked fine for a week or so and then started doing the same thing.

Her room is on the lower floor of our house and has never had good internet reception so she hasn't used her computer in a while. Last night, although she hasn't turned on her computer in over a month, she woke up to find the monitor on.

Obviously, this has her spooked and has her Dad and I looking for logical explanations. Does anyone have any ideas or should we be looking for paranormal types of answers? If it is paranormal, what should we do and is there anything we can do?

Michelle

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emileah, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

fester (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Im sorry if that was more than just a post but I'm thoroughly freaked out at this point. I'm staying at my girlfriends house and its now 11. 49 pm. Before I was going to sleep I heard tapping on the keyboard and I wrote down a note saying please leave us alone but remained respectful of the spirit just 8 minutes ago when I was asleep the speakerphone turned on for a brief moment (the tone waiting for an input) then it started again for another brief moment and stopped. About 10 seconds later it had reached a phone number and said "we're sorry the person you are trying to reach can't be [i forgot this word" and abruptly stopped. About 5 seconds later the dial tone started and stopped and I picked up my phone to call my girlfriend and but it had crashed and was overheated and physically hot to the touch, I unplugged all electrical devices. I guess I'm more in your daughters shoes but has anything recent developed?
Please right back
Max
fester (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Me and my girlfriend have been having similar problems. A while ago we were coming back from a punk show and we dropped off this kid and we were driving back we heard an electrical voice of a lttle girl in the back of the car say 'hello', well I heard hello but my girlfriend heard just like a moan or somethin. And some people that have slept in her house (including her and me) have heard typing on the keyboard. At first I honestly thought my girlfriend was just paranoid.
But one night it was me my girlfriend and my friend matty sitting in my girlfriends house watching a movie in the living room, it was about 1:30 in the morning and my girlfriend went to go put her phone on the charger in her room, she closed the door and came back to the living room, keep in mind my phone has been dead the last 4 hours. The next morning we were in her car and with my phone charged I get a text from my girlfriends phone in all caps saying "PLEASE CALL ME" from 3:30 am, asked her why she wanted me to call and she reminded me we were all asleep in the living room, then she checked her phone and it said it made a call just after the time she put it away, and now it kind of freaks me out to think what would of happened if my phone werent dead. What would of happened if I picked up my phone?
Then just last night me and my girlfriend were sleeping and at 3:34 the landline phone's dialtone had gone off, meaning that something had turned it on sometime long enough for the dial tone to come on, probably 3:30. I get up to turn it off thinkin that it was the cat but it wasn't off the reciever so I pick it up and put it down. Then we lay down again and something turns it on and off real quick and I heard the sound of pressure on the floor tiles. We get up beacause shes freaked out and we start to head out the door t go to her dads house and the cat walks in. All the windows were closed and the cat was outside, we get in the car and turned it on and the first thing on the radio was freddie mercury singing "just gotta get out, just gotta get right out of here."
This energy or whatever only tries to contact through electrical things and its really starting to freak us both out and we're really looking for an answer of what to do, has anything else happend?
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
well I read this type of story some where in this site. Not to make wrong of you, some things are resembled. Fine make sure this is paranormal and consult a ghost psychairtist
My blessings,
Kiranchandra
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
Hiya, this is a great story and it could eb a ghost I don't really know

Princess123 x ❤
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-16)
That is a very interesting problem. Have you noticed any other apliances that have had the same problem? Or have there been any unusual power surges in the area? Are your neighbors close enough that their renotes could have accidently interfered with your tv? If none of these seem possible then you might want to do some research on your house/property to see if anything occured that might explain the problem you are having. God bless.
Perd (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Have you are or husband had any odd electronic interference's happen to you?...If it is solely coming from your daughter I think there could be a more realistic answer. People want to jump to conclusions when they are having an electronic device switch on and off, but good for you wanting to find a logical answer first! I had no idea a sensor could cause a television to do what it did, neat bit of information.

However, I was a bit intrigued a few weeks ago when I ran across something called the SLI effect. It may have some interest to you, I believe it would fit perfectly in your daughters case:

Http://paranormal.about.com/od/telekinesispsychokinesis/a/aa052508.htm

On a different note, perhaps your daughter IS a sensitive and this is her guides way of showing her. Starting with something simple as not to take her by surprise. Since your daughter is getting uncomfortable with what is happening, she needs to confront it. Simply tell it that this is her home now, and that it does not belong here and it needs to follow into the light. Always remain calm, negativity feeds from negativity. Please keep us posted. 😁
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
I forgot to add it might be most effective to have your daughter be the one asking for the things to stop, if she is to afraid or uneasy to do this herself be with her at the time.
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
It could be paranormal, it could not be. If it is paranormal one thing you could do is simply asking the spirit to stop, and explaining to it that it is scaring your daughter. There have been some cases in which people have been sucessful by simply ignoring it, at which point the spirit may give up (if they do give up there is a decent chance they will startup again at some point however).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: