You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sounds And Electronic Interference In New Home

Real Ghost Stories

Sounds And Electronic Interference In New Home

 

My husband and I just moved into a nice little townhome. We've only been here a few months and at first everything was fine. It's never had a weird or creepy feeling but lately things have been happening that I can't really make sense of. We have two cats, one of which recently started to meow incessantly at the guest bedroom door. She seemed to settle in fine and so we thought she might just want to explore, but she doesn't seem to care much whether the door is open or closed, she still meows in the threshold of the bedroom. We took her to the vet to make sure she wasn't sick or in pain but she's got a clean bill of health with no problems. Yesterday we were all sitting on the bed (me and the cats) waiting for my husband to come home from work when I heard a knock at the window. I thought maybe my husband was locked out and went to open the back door for him, but no one was outside. I didn't think much of it and just went back to bed to read.

A hour later I hear the same knock on the bedroom door and again I think it's my husband. I call for him to come in and when no one responds I get up to check. I got all worked up and checked everywhere in the apartment but it was just me and the cats. All the doors were locked. I checked the windows and locked myself in the bedroom until my husband got home. Nothing else happened that night.

This morning we were woken up by the sound of talking (it was just my computer narrator). When I realized what it was I just got up to turn it off (it's turned itself on before when my computer updates while in sleep mode). But my husband asked what it was and the laptop said "Narrator" and started going off reading something. It scared me because it sounded like it responded to his question.

We go back to sleep and are woken up a second time by the Bluetooth alarm clock making bell sounds of some sort. It didn't really sound like music and I know for a fact the Bluetooth wasn't on (I keep it off so my phone isn't connecting accidentally). I was pretty shaken up and turned it off and for the rest of the day things have just felt off.

My poor cat is starting to hide all the time and she stopped sleeping with me. What in the world is happening and how do I make it better? We've only been here a few months and I don't want to move.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Confused21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Confused21 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
An update: Our neighbors went out for the weekend and asked us to go in at night and turn on the front light. While they were gone I was almost positive I heard them talking through the guest bedroom walls. I called them to see if they'd come home early but they weren't there and I definitely locked the door after I left. I keep the electronics off now to keep myself from being scared. We started getting calls from an unknown number and if we try to answer the phone crashes. We were hoping maybe it was mice. We have regular pest control and when we saw them we asked about rodents and they said they didn't see any signs of them. Just spiders. And worst of all we haven't had any luck with the cat. She hides in the closet all day and barely eats. It's nothing malicious and were getting used to it. We're learning to cope. I just wish me kitty would settle down 😢 If things continue I'll ask it (if there even is an it) to leave. Everything is pretty much confined to the guest bedroom so for now we ignore things are leave the door closed. Maybe if we leave it alone, it'll leave us alone.
Kest (12 stories) (55 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-05)
I lived in Louisiana for 4 years. I haven't yet submitted my stories from living there, but I think the whole state is haunted. You could try to politely ask it to go away. You'll feel silly saying to an empty room, "please go and leave me alone" but it has worked for me. Try to rule out anything that might make this not be paranormal and be sure to keep writing down what happens.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
I forgot to add...

I have had my share with moving, and after around a couple months those weird things start to slowly play a part in everyday life.

It seems the spirits watch us, in the shadows and when they've figured out who we are and what we do, they come out and do what they do on a regular basis. Creepy sometimes I know but that's what I have come to experience more often than not.

Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Confused21,

I agree with everyone who has commented. Try to figure out if the electronics are going haywire.Wifi,bluetooth,and even regular internet can cause any electronic to do some weird stuff, if theyve been connected at some point.

After all has checked out normal, then yes I would say check for rodents, or neighbors. After that, then yes I agree with Randy.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Tweed (35 stories) (2491 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Hi Confused,

Sometimes when cats meow constantly at seemingly nothing, or even at a person, it's usually a sign they're distressed. Cats hate change, they love routine and predictability. Your cat may just need time to adjust.
Also possible, your cat may have picked up a scent in the wall near that doorway. Perhaps the smell of an animal which knocks.😉
Just another angle for you to consider. 😊
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-06-04)
Confused21
Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing

I first must agree with Xerath that there are many non paranormal things that must be examined first,
Electronics nowadays, especially with all of this fancy wireless stuff can give a person fits. You mentioned that you live in a town home which I would suspect means you have many neighbors very close by. I'm sure they have all sorts of wireless gizmos and network routers and such.
You may want to have a tech geek check out some of your stuff to make sure it's all connected and working properly. As for your cats. Having had 6 cats at one time I know how strange and moody they can be. In our first apartment our first cat Kenya would stare and meow at a spot in the outer wall for hours. Only after living there for 2 years did we find out there were mice in the wall and attic. We never heard them but she did. We also had one named Pretty that would meow and groan for almost an hour in the middle of each night while carrying my socks around. I thought she was playing Mother but was never certain. When all is said and done I'm convinced that cats can just be strange

Having said all of the above it's still possible that something may have taken a liking to your home
If your not ok with that then this would be my advice for starters. Proclaim loudly, clearly, and repeatedly that this is your home and space. That you wish whoever or whatever is around leave and not return. Be kind but firm. You may be surprised at how often that works. There is also a member named Rookdygin that has a cleansing and protection method on his profile page that has worked for many here that have tried it.

Best of luck to you and please let us know how this works out.

Have a great day
Randy
Xerath (6 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-06-03)
Before I respond with my opinion on the matter, I would like to state that there is many possibilitys going on with your Cats and Electronics. For the electronics It could be a simple case of pranks by local teenagers or adults for that matter, or simply a virus that has infected your network that someone is messing with you through. But I'm not sure if the bluetooth would be able to be turned on through that. But I would examine this possibility for the electronic side of things before concluded It's paranormal or ghost related.

In terms of the Cats and Knocks, if its confirmed there is no posibility of rodents causing the issue, such as a mouse hiding around someone. Than I would say that It is probably paranormal related, I will not go into how to remove or decrease the activity, but based on my experiences and others in the past It sounds like a very low-class entity, either a spirit of a deceased human, animal or a parasitic entity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: