You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Imps Or Goblins?

Real Ghost Stories

Imps Or Goblins?

 

I don't remember how old I was when this happened but I do know I was really young. I lived with my Mother, Grandmother and baby sister, in a terraced house, near the seaside in Cleethorpes, in the North East of England.

I remember that I was laying in a painted white wicker crib when this happened, and when I spoke to my Mother about this, she said that when I was a toddler I slept in this crib near the window. I never ever felt comfortable in that bedroom and was always scared to sleep in it.

I don't remember what time of the night it was but it must have been early evening because I got a good clear view of the two creatures. I do remember grabbing the curtain and pulling it back. I think I must have heard a noise or something to make me do this. I saw two creatures sat either side of the window ledge clutching their knees with their arms they where child like in size with scrawny limbs and they both had a long whip like tail with a point on the end (like you see on pictures of demons) that went above their heads. They were green coloured and it didn't look like they had skin but they did had scales. They didn't have clothing on and they also had no fur or hair. They had a mouth full of sharp teeth and long spindly fingers with long sharp finger nails. They had long pointed ears and almond shaped eyes. They didn't have much of a nose and they where chattering to each other in a language I couldn't understand.

That's all I remember. Has anyone else a similar sighting, if so can you let me know please?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jakkirose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nectarvore (1 stories) (226 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
Yes, I'm going out on a credibility limb here admitting this, but yes, I've seen something very similar. In my early months of pregnancy, I awoke to one of these beings watching me sleep, it was crouched on the pillow next to mine. It snarled, like a snapping, guttural kind of noise from deep in its throat, then leapt into the darkness and vanished. Oh, the anonymity of the Internet. I'd never tell anyone that in real life. Ha. But yes, it's truth. And I thought it was a goblin. Looked like a daemon in an old wood print picture in a book I was reading about witchcraft. It's possible I was dreaming, I saw it as I awoke. Odd that what I saw is almost identical to what you remember seeing. Odd that we were both in bed too.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-13)
Great story, I have never read about people seeing goblins or imps. I like Rooks suggested explanation too. Nice to see you Rook 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
Goblin or Imp... Sounds more like Imps... You were very young at the time and it seems you 'caught' them crossing over from their realm into ours... Or maybe the other way around... Have you heard of the 'tween' theory... And yes this idea has been used in stories/movies...

It's he idea that certian spirits can only manifest or crossover in areas that are 'between' things...doorway/windows mostly because they define an area 'between' inside and outside or 'between' rooms.

It's a theroy anyway and you may have caught a glimps of them as they traveled between realms.

Respectfully,

Rook
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
These could merely be spirits taunting you, seeing as they can take on almost any form they choose, from appearing as themselves when they were alive to creatures like the two described in your story. These spirits could be either angels, demons, or any other spirit, so I recommend caution if you ever enter that room -- or go anywhere near it -- ever again. God bless you all.
Drowning_Sadness (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Did you ever feel anything other than uncomfortable? Did you feel threatened or an evil presence? Sounds like goblins to me but I remember I used to hate sleeping by windows until I was a teenager because it made me feel paranoid, therefor, cause lots of nightmares.

Maybe it was similar for you.
MysteriousGuy (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I think its either a goblin or a troll. I also think that they live near from your house. But I agree with AzraelX. I think that it was just a dream of yours. 😊
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
Babies also have dreams - good ones and also nightmares.
How do you know that what you saw wasn't a dream and was real?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: